Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Horrible handling issue with major wind gusts

NEED TO KNOW IF ANYONE ELSE HAS HAD OR HAVING THIS ISSUE. I've had my 2015 F3 just under a year (rode a Harley for almost 30 years before that). Yesterday while on a 400 mile road trip we started getting a LOT of wind with major gusts (the kind that can topple empty semi's). We were averaging about 75 MPH (I was riding sweep behind the group). I started having a lot of problems keeping my Spyder on the road when we got hit with these gusts. It almost felt like a rocking horse going from side to side. I finally pulled off at an exit when one of the gusts almost took me out. I left a message for a friend who just bought a 2018 F3 (this is her 3rd Spyder but first F3). She said on a recent trip she also had the same issues. I was loving my Spyder but this has got me worried. I don't want to be out on a road trip and all of a sudden get into winds and have the same problem. The bike had all recalls done before I bought it, I just had the 9,000 mile service and had a new back tire put on the day before the trip. I am so frustrated I am thinking about selling it. Any comments or suggestions?
    Last edited by SpyderLady1968; 04-28-2018 at 07:38 PM.