Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Gaskets/Brake Light/Rear Brake Pads

I noticed that some of you have mentioned that you have had to replace some gaskets. What gaskets have you had to replace & why??
    Have any of you had a problem with the park brake light and alarm not going on when you drop into gear on the SE5 & not realizing it until the next time that you stop? Should the dealer replace the rear brake pads?

Spyder Garage

Exhaust gaskets are the most commonly replaced gaskets. I think they are technically called exhaust seals. I believe that the 12,000 mile service specifies replacing them as a maintenance item. Some people, me included, have found that they don't last nearly that long. Only 6,000 miles in my case. A few folks have had their valve cover gaskets replaced but I think those only happened because the gaskets were damaged during the shim inspection service.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Studybaker Bob View Post
    I noticed that some of you have mentioned that you have had to replace some gaskets. What gaskets have you had to replace & why??
    Have any of you had a problem with the park brake light and alarm not going on when you drop into gear on the SE5 & not realizing it until the next time that you stop? Should the dealer replace the rear brake pads?
    I have had that happen the odd time. Now, I always check before taking off by putting my feet down and rolling the spyder a few inches to insure the brake is not dragging.