Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Bajaron Sway Bar

I have a 2015 Can-Am Spyder RT. I am sure a lot of you have seen my posts. I will list what I have done to it. When I purchased it it had 10,200 miles on it. That was last July. It now is just ready to turn 20,000 miles. I do all my own service so it has never been in to any dealer since I have own it. It has had the 3,000 check before I purchased it. I have changed the oil every 5,000 miles. I have bled the brakes and replaced the tires with car tires (Front Federals and rear a General.). Front tires were balanced and the rear has a Centralmatic balancer installed on it. It has Doc’s belt tensioner and I laser aligned it my self. The belt is lined up and correct tension. It rides and drives great. I have been reading all about the Bajaron sway bar and how it improves the ride. My Spyder rides and handles great I just can not see a sway bar improving it. Only time I felt anything to any amount was today I past a truck on a two lane highway in the wind and was over 80 mile an hour. Wind does move it around a little but it did that on my two wheels. I never ride double and my weight is about 150 lbs. My question is would I benefit enough installing a Bajaron sway bar? Is there anyone on here that is less than 180 pounds and rides single feel they benefit with the sway bar? If it improves the ride any I don't mind the cost but I don't want to spend it for nothing.
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Lamonster Belt Tensioner w/ larger roller
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Garmin's GPS

Spyder Garage

In my opinion, it is the first upgrade to do. You will not be disappointed.
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Do you need a new alignment after installing a Bajaron sway bar? Had our RT-S squared away last year and love how it handles but have been considering a new sway bar.
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

If you ride your Spyder briskly, even at 180lbs., you will feel a difference. There is less "body-roll" in turns. My '14 was fine and handled great with just me on it, but when I was 2-up with the wife, I had too much body-roll (felt like inside front wheel was unloading in corners) and I had to aggressively "hang-off" to keep me from heading towards the fog line. The sway-bar cured that. I am 270lbs. when I'm dressed for action. Experiment with tire pressure and riding style, you might just have to ride it for a few thousand miles and become more comfortable with it. Sounds like you have riding/driving experience in lots of types of vehicles, don't just throw money at a non-existent (for lack of a better term) problem/issue. Good luck and hope you get it figured out before it becomes that rabbit-hole of no return. Mac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerAnimal View Post
    Do you need a new alignment after installing a Bajaron sway bar? Had our RT-S squared away last year and love how it handles but have been considering a new sway bar.
    You do not need another alignment. The sway bar has nothing to do with it. The bajaron bar is awesome. much less lean in the corners.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    You do not need another alignment. The sway bar has nothing to do with it. The bajaron bar is awesome. much less lean in the corners.
    I do my own alignment so there is nothing to checking that. It handles so good now but I may go a head and replace the sway bar.
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Lamonster Belt Tensioner w/ larger roller
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Garmin's GPS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I always thought that my 2014 RT-L handled "pretty darn good"!

...Until I started putting some miles on my 2018, that has Ron's bar installed...

WOW!!
    I now wish that I had put one on the 2014 also!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I highly recommend the Baja Ron sway bar. I have a 2012 RT and it drastically reduced body roll. It made the Spyder much easier to control riding with and without a passenger.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerAnimal View Post
    No
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Depends on How YOU are going to ride. If you're gonna ride it aggressively at all, I'd at least suggest finding a local Spyder rider that does have the upgraded BR bar (there's many out there) and ask if you can both ride the same course there and back and switch to feel the difference.
    I grew up riding MX, to crotch rockets, to cruisers and still every once in a while want to ride aggressively. The BR Bar makes that much better.
    I wish I'd have loaded up a lateral lean and accelerometer app on my phone with a standardized course and tested the improvement, but seat of the pants feel to me is it was worth it.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

My wife is way less then 180 lbs. and she noticed the improvement in less than 10 miles.
    I waited for 2 years before I decided to spend the money as everything we do is Times Two as we both have RTLs I would not like riding without them .
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

The 2013 an earlier Spyders absolutely positively NEEDED the RonBar.
    I put one on my 2010 RTS.
    I'm 5'10" and 210 lbs.--OK so I need to lose some weight.
    I bought my 2014 and was pretty happy with the handling until I started riding 2 up.
    So if you are riding single and you're as skinny as you say, I'd suggest that a RonBar will improve the handling, but is not necessary. It will go from a 9 to a 10 with the bar.
    If you ride 2 up, GET THE RONBAR.

After all this time, I'm surprised that BRP hasn't upgraded the OEM sway bar, and that center arm for the windshield.

As always, my free advice comes with a double your money back guarantee.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey