Thread: Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default Trailer

Kind of wish Harbor Freight was still selling their little tag along trailer. Saw one recently and they weren't that bad. Can't afford one of Can Ams trailers.
    American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of GOD.

The Older I get the Better I Was.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Gator37 View Post
    Kind of wish Harbor Freight was still selling their little tag along trailer. Saw one recently and they weren't that bad. Can't afford one of Can Ams trailers.
    The only thing HF did was put a Sears Car Top Cargo carrier on the trailer frame and added some LED's ......... It's yard sale time now .... so look for one of the Sears Tops and make your own ....It's what I did, bought the Sears top for $15.00 ....... Mike

Spyder Garage

That’s what I did and then had my neighbor (who’s a paint and body guy) paint it to match the bike. Works wonderfully! Looks like Northern Tool still sells the trailer frame kit.

69BEE4A8-9A40-4454-92C7-AC8445FFEA5F.jpg
    ​Jeff

2012 RT Limited Lava Bronze (aka "The Bronze Beauty")
    Ultimate faux crocodile seat, backrest , and armrests in cognac-/black, Luggage nets, luggage, drink holders, top mirror, shorty antenna, SENA SMH10 headsets and SMR10 dongle, Garmin 665lm, Tri-pouch, Trunk mount flag poles, Custom Dynamics vent covers, Show Crome Luggage Rack, custom mud flap, Full Size Brake Pedal, Tricled mirror turn signals, LED strips on rear of front fenders, custom highway pegs, BakerBuilt Air Wings w/ Uppers
    2012 RT Limited , Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Default trailer

I bought the aluminum trailer from Amazon but it came from Northern for $425. No tax or shipping. I tried to find a cargo box the I felt would be tough enough but ended up building one out high quality ply. Not very fancy and I would still buy a cargo box if I could find a really good one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member bodymanpainter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RyderJCF View Post
    That’s what I did and then had my neighbor (who’s a paint and body guy) paint it to match the bike. Works wonderfully! Looks like Northern Tool still sells the trailer frame kit.

69BEE4A8-9A40-4454-92C7-AC8445FFEA5F.jpg
    That's what I did also but I had a custom aluminum box made and put insolation and carpet interior
    in it. Works great and tows fantastic. We had it up to 100 MPH fully loaded and did not know it was
    back there.

Toby
    2020 RTL