Thread: Foam Cannon

Spyder Garage

Default Foam Cannon

I've been looking at a lot of you tube videos of people washing cars with a foam cannon. Just wondering, has anybody used one of these for their Spyder. They are hooked up to pressure washers, and I know you would have to be super careful. My black RT needs to be washed often, so anything that would make that chore quicker and easier would make me happy. What are some of your methods of washing your Spyders?
    2016 RT-S Special Series
    Spyderpops LED Bumpskid
    LED headlights and fog lights

Spyder Garage

I use a pressure washer with the nozzle opened up to "fan" and a large bucket of hot soapy water(car wash & wax), and a lot of elbow grease, if it's bug season, and believe me, they can get pretty baked on in summer. Good Luck! Mac

Spyder Garage

I bought a foam cannon to wash my Vette. They do work but...the only real advantage is you no longer use a bucket that can contain dirty water and sediment that can scratch the finish. Otherwise, its fun but really does not help get the paint clean. You still need a wet sponge and rinse and dry.

That said, I use detail spray and wipe with a microfiber towel most of the time. I have only had the need to soap and water wash my Spyders 3 times in 5 yrs.

Lamont's Black Dymond detail spray is great stuff.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Lamont's Black Dymond detail spray is great stuff. After you clean the bike and treat it with Lamont's Black Dymond detail spray enough, you can eventually cleanup after a long bug filled ryde with just the detailer. I've tried several other products cause I do like to keep my Spyder bug free and Lamont's really has surpassed many other options.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I also use his Black Diamond Detailer...
    When I run out of it: I use Meguiar's quick detailer...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Foam cannons are fun but I still follow up with the 2 bucket system on my cars. For the bike, there's not enough bodywork to bother dragging out the hoses, pressure washer, and all that stuff.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by asp125 View Post
    Foam cannons are fun but I still follow up with the 2 bucket system on my cars. For the bike, there's not enough bodywork to bother dragging out the hoses, pressure washer, and all that stuff.
    Yeah, by the time you get everything prepared you prolly could be almost finished washing.

Is Lamont's detailer and the Mcguires spray okay to use on the matte black finish?
    2016 RT-S Special Series
    Spyderpops LED Bumpskid
    LED headlights and fog lights