Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Aside from all the bickering up to now, you haven't really given a scenario in which you say a majority of the military would side with the populace to protect the Constitution, while disregarding orders from their superiors. I'm retired military, and I respected all the presidents while I was on duty. Sad to say, I have absolutely no respect for the current president. The way it looks now, the military's orders would come down on twitter, or some other social network.
    How about you go back and actually read my post? And TRY to understand it? Then if you feel like making another less than intelligent remark, go ahead! And actually I couldn't care less if you retired from Atila the Hun's Horde, (Btw, I do thank you for your service) you really should try to actually read the comments before you respond.
    Last edited by kep-up; 04-23-2018 at 09:14 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kep-up View Post
    Not to put words into Bob's computer, but I believe he is referring to the 2008 DC vs. Heller decision in which the court stated (in paraphrase) "2nd amendment guarantees an individual right to possess firearms unconnected with any militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes".

Now to address the issue of military power far surpassing armed civilian resistance....... It's true the we have the most technologically advanced military in the world. However, even our military would not be able to stand against a well armed, even with sporting arms, populace. I firmly believe that a majority of our military would remember their oath to protect the constitution and would side with the populace.
    I also believe in the event of military action against the populace, that this bickering about gun ownership would come to a quick end and both sides of the discussion would come together against a common enemy, a corrupt government run amok.
    You are correct that our most powerful weapon is the ballot box, but until we as people get serious about using that power, we just don't have it as we should. Therefore, our best option is TERM LIMITS for all politicians. note: our president is allowed only 2 terms, so why should legislators have more?
    You can believe what you want to but it doesn't change the facts. The military will follow orders as they always have. They have been shooting civilians when told to at least since Vietnam.

National Guard? Anybody remember Kent State?

General Custer and his ilk? Murder of innocents?

How about our Civil War? Brother against brother.

Nope, you are delusional if you think a corrupt government would not just label you militia-men as enemies of the State and order the military and police to put down your insurrection.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 04-23-2018 at 10:32 AM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    You can believe what you want to but it doesn't change the facts. The military will follow orders as they always have. They have been shooting civilians when told to at least since Vietnam. National Guard? Anybody remember Kent State?
    ...And do YOU remember the crap storm that ensued?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you don't think we could stand against our military, just look at the rednecks in Afghanistan. They stood up against the Russians and the US.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Guerilla tactics can accomplish a lot, when pitted against a vastly superior invading force...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Guerilla tactics can accomplish a lot, when pitted against a vastly superior invading force...
    Dream on. Our military would not be an 'invading force'.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If they were invading my Town: they sure as Hell would be!

...And they would be treated as such...

Or would you prefer that we call them, "Undocumented Immigrants"?
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 04-23-2018 at 11:07 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If they were invading my Town: they sure as Hell would be!

...And they would be treated as such...

Or would you prefer that we call them, "Undocumented Immigrants"?
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I never said that you were in-Patriotic: I just think that you're a full-blown idiot...

Which is your right, and your headache.
    So rather than deal with the question at hand, you opt to ignore. I think you're trying to hurt my feelings Wow bobby, you do know name calling is a sign of a lack of intelligence or weak mind. Or in your case both.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If the prevailing dystopian scenario were to come to pass, the military would not be an invading force, but would be right at home. Another thing to consider is that the government that was planning such an event would have done their homework to pave the way to indoctrinate those needed in the evil threat that a segment of society posed to the continued existence of "civil society".

That would negate the argument of the military disregarding orders to impose martial law and to, in effect, wage war on the civilian population. As resistance mounted and increased, it could be portrayed as proof of the need for the military action.

Another thing to keep in mind is that there would be no half hearted attempt to overcome any resistance but rather an overwhelming and crushing show of force to remove any thoughts of fighting back. This would in all probability lead to demoralization of those inclined to fight back. Also remember that their numbers would be decimated very quickly to prevent chances of success and any chances of sympathy growing for the resistance. After all, they are the bad guys and will have been cited as such in preparation for this event.

That shows why it is vitally important to exercise our right to vote and by doing so only after becoming informed on the issues that face our country, not on the contrived issues that some politicians want you to focus on. Relying on a candidate's association with a particular political party is NOT a good way to make a decision.

It has been said before and is very true.........you get the kind of government you deserve!
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    You can believe what you want to but it doesn't change the facts. The military will follow orders as they always have. They have been shooting civilians when told to at least since Vietnam.

National Guard? Anybody remember Kent State?

General Custer and his ilk? Murder of innocents?

How about our Civil War? Brother against brother.

Nope, you are delusional if you think a corrupt government would not just label you militia-men as enemies of the State and order the military and police to put down your insurrection.
    And don't forget General "Dugout Doug" MacArthur and his aide Colonel Eisenhower (yes, THAT Eisenhower) who "cleaned up" the Bonus Marchers.

Spyder Garage

A few instances of military force against civilians: https://www.quora.com/Has-the-US-eve...t-its-citizens

Do a little research about the Ludlow Massacre. Labor history has more than just an occasional incursion by the military against citizens.

2013 RT-S SE 5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If it happened here: do you honestly think that the media would look favorably on the Military firing upon American citizens?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerAnimal View Post
    A few instances of military force against civilians: https://www.quora.com/Has-the-US-eve...t-its-citizens

Do a little research about the Ludlow Massacre. Labor history has more than just an occasional incursion by the military against citizens.

I clicked your link, and read the Hurricane Katrina linked article. I wonder why Bob D. never mentioned that; that would add fuel to the fire.

Bob D., if you do read this, I'm actually not making a back handed comment. But, is this something that slipped by you? I'm not sure if I heard of it just in passing, as I have a brother in the area that was there during Katrina, and is still there.

That being said, if I was in the military I would have followed orders. I can see why it was done.
    Last edited by wyliec; 04-23-2018 at 01:23 PM.

Spyder Garage

If it happened here: do you honestly think that the media would look favorably on the Military firing upon American citizens?

Bob, you are over looking the fact that the groundwork for something such as this would be done over a period of time and could very likely be looked upon favorably by a sizable portion of the media, especially fringe elements or even "fake" outlets used to control perception of events.

2013 RT-S SE 5

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

watch the beginning of running man

Spyder Garage

I see a lot of you like to gang up on Bob D when his views are different from yours........... Why ????? Because he has different views than you.

Typical Libs....... Pathetic........ If he doesn't agree with me lets attack him (lib mentality) ............

Why don't you go march in the streets, burn buildings, or did your nutz freeze off in the 46 degree temp in the tent city in AZ ????????

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No but by the time you and your fellow right-wingers get through destroying the 'lame-stream media' it's not going to matter is it? Do you really think right-wing media and its billionaire backers give a hoot about you down there in the trenches? You are expendable.

When you have served their purpose, you are FIRED!
    Last edited by UtahPete; 04-23-2018 at 07:25 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    I see a lot of you like to gang up on Bob D when his views are different from yours........... Why ????? Because he has different views than you.

Typical Libs....... Pathetic........ If he doesn't agree with me lets attack him (lib mentality) ............

Why don't you go march in the streets, burn buildings, or did your nutz freeze off in the 46 degree temp in the tent city in AZ ????????
    Poor, poor you. Feeling vulnerable, are you? Our gang of 4 pussies is too much for you to handle? Must be humiliating.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 04-23-2018 at 07:44 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Bob, you are over looking the fact that the groundwork for something such as this would be done over a period of time and could very likely be looked upon favorably by a sizable portion of the media, especially fringe elements or even "fake" outlets used to control perception of events.
    First thing tyrants do is silence the free press and replace it with a propaganda machine.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Usually in the service of big money.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RinconRyder View Post
    And don't forget General "Dugout Doug" MacArthur and his aide Colonel Eisenhower (yes, THAT Eisenhower) who "cleaned up" the Bonus Marchers.
    Even Eisenhower was duped into believing 'my country, right or wrong' while in uniform. But after serving in the White House, he famously said "beware the military-industrial complex". He learned that the industrialists i.e. capitalists are the ones calling the shots in the US and serve nobody's interests but their own.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I see a lovefest here..........

Rincon, Boiler criminal , Trickydickwad, and Utah. You all can get a place together in California and ride your Spyders around and run over people with conservative views.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I see a lovefest here..........

Rincon, Boiler criminal , Trickydickwad, and Utah. You all can get a place together in California and ride your Spyders around and run over people with conservative views.
    Really? All you phony militiamen feel threatened by the minority (on this forum) speaking its mind? But you're going to stand up to tyranny when it shows up?

You're lost without your hollow bluster, aren't you?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I see a lovefest here.......... Rincon, Boiler criminal , Trickydickwad, and Utah. You all can get a place together in California and ride your Spyders around and run over people with conservative views.
    You're not conservatives. You're right-wingers. Big difference.
    2014 RTL Platinum