Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default A 1330, An Akrapovic and an RLS Mid-pipe meet in my garage....

I have always been wired differently. My Mom had no hesitation in telling me so. As does my wife, pretty much every day.... facepalm.gif That said, I like what I like so there!

Exhaust sound is a VERY personal thing. I am not one to just throw something on and live with it if it isn't exactly what I am looking for. Enter one F3-S, an Akrapovic Straight Shot and an RLS mid-pipe + some misc baffles.....

My journey began with the Akra replacing the stock boat anchor that well, just looked/felt like a boat anchor to me! At that point I had kept the OE primary muffler/cat unit. I ran with this for quite some time as I had heard in person a couple of F3's with a Lamonster bypass pipe and stock mufflers and didn't like 'em! I knew that it would be even nastier with my Akra....

But I was always on the lookout for something else and had almost pulled the trigger on a custom project via my local guy who is extremely talented. Between his workload and the looming downtime it would take, it never materialized. But there came a day when I just HAD to have more sound and the OE primary/cat was collecting crap on it making some nasty smells when parked hot! Man that trip down Stewart's Point Road with fresh loose asphalt really sucked and was the final straw....

I waited 6 months for the RLS mid-pipe. It came and there were problems! I have been working away on it myself and with my exhaust guy for the specialty needs. And I have finally tweaked it and some baffles into something that makes my nether regions quiver! It was a royal pain in the a$$ and I wouldn't undertake it again most likely. But it is EXACTLY what my "differently wired self" wanted. Here are some links to some sound clips of the progression for guys that have been following my journey. And for others who just may be curious etc. I know you all know about listening to sound clips and how they don't do some things, namely exhaust, justice. But hopefully you are able to get the gist of things....

How I ran it for a year and a half=ish:

The next step:

And the Final step:
    Last edited by hypurone; 04-14-2018 at 09:50 PM. Reason: content

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic