Spyder Garage

Default A 1330, An Akrapovic and an RLS Mid-pipe meet in my garage....

I have always been wired differently. My Mom had no hesitation in telling me so. As does my wife, pretty much every day.... facepalm.gif That said, I like what I like so there!

Exhaust sound is a VERY personal thing. I am not one to just throw something on and live with it if it isn't exactly what I am looking for. Enter one F3-S, an Akrapovic Straight Shot and an RLS mid-pipe + some misc baffles.....

My journey began with the Akra replacing the stock boat anchor that well, just looked/felt like a boat anchor to me! At that point I had kept the OE primary muffler/cat unit. I ran with this for quite some time as I had heard in person a couple of F3's with a Lamonster bypass pipe and stock mufflers and didn't like 'em! I knew that it would be even nastier with my Akra....

But I was always on the lookout for something else and had almost pulled the trigger on a custom project via my local guy who is extremely talented. Between his workload and the looming downtime it would take, it never materialized. But there came a day when I just HAD to have more sound and the OE primary/cat was collecting crap on it making some nasty smells when parked hot! Man that trip down Stewart's Point Road with fresh loose asphalt really sucked and was the final straw....

I waited 6 months for the RLS mid-pipe. It came and there were problems! I have been working away on it myself and with my exhaust guy for the specialty needs. And I have finally tweaked it and some baffles into something that makes my nether regions quiver! It was a royal pain in the a$$ and I wouldn't undertake it again most likely. But it is EXACTLY what my "differently wired self" wanted. Here are some links to some sound clips of the progression for guys that have been following my journey. And for others who just may be curious etc. I know you all know about listening to sound clips and how they don't do some things, namely exhaust, justice. But hopefully you are able to get the gist of things....

How I ran it for a year and a half=ish:

The next step:

And the Final step:
    Last edited by hypurone; 04-14-2018 at 09:50 PM. Reason: content

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Congrats....

Well done, tough journey but great outcome..It is a nice sound enjoy it...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Much Betterer Now!

Aren't you glad you persisted?!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I like it! Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Thanks all! It really sounds SOOOOO much better "live and direct".... At idle in the garage it almost makes the house "pulse" like my Monster did!

Chuck

Spyder Garage

I was on Tricled website and saw that they have an all in one deal.
    Akrapovic silencer
    Cat Bypass
    baffle

All for 625.00!
    https://www.tricledusa.com/product-p...st-with-bypass
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    I was on Tricled website and saw that they have an all in one deal.
    Akrapovic silencer
    Cat Bypass
    baffle

All for 625.00!
    Yup, there always seem to be good deals for the "touring" crowd... Just not us F3/F3-S guys..... facepalm.gif

Chuck

Spyder Garage

Default A Follow-Up Vid!

For those of you that may be following this thread and waiting for an update....

Was out the other week having a blast with my bud Tom and decided to get a short vid to get the exhaust sound in the "wild"... Going thru the tunnel has always been awesome no matter what bike/byke I was on!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Gv...5O5FkMD2BE7hhw

At the end when I roll thru the tunnel is what it sounds like in my garage! If it wasn't for the CO levels I would just sit and listen to it in the garage all day when I'm not ryding!

Chuck

Spyder Garage

Kudos to you, very methodical approach. I can relate. I'm at least 2/3's of the way through the same processes with my V-twin. Close, but not "MY" right sound. Glad you found yours.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

We're very happy with the RLS muffler as well. Great tone to it. I agree, tunnels, rock walls, even guard rails make it cackle back atchya a bit. Even my wife chuckles a little when we down shift.....
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I ordered my polished RLS cat bypass today. I spoke to Rick at RLS and hes going to WELD in TWO honeycomb baffles..one for the input and one for the output. I also wrote in the request so theres no mistakes...and... they are also on sale so I saved 60 bucks.

Spyder Garage

Tech Update: I had all of the additional baffles removed out of the RLS cat delete last week. I have just the RLS muffler now...on a stage I or II the additional baffles on the RLS isn`t needed... maybe for a 1330 without a stage tune for the bottom end...but if you have a stage tune..no baffles are needed!!!...a good guy here on spyder lovers told me as well as Steve at monster fuel ...they both said the tune needs to breathe....especially the stage II..Oh boy!!!...they were right..it sounds better and its faster..theres no loss of bottom to mid range performance...its louder but still rich in sound .....NOTE: it might be too loud for some people depending on your exhaust end pipe..you might have to change/upgrade your exhaust end pipe...per hyperones testing/suggestions!!! I may try an akrapovic straight shot or sinister pipe ...or try the RLS Rage end pipe... either way the baffles was restricting the tune performance ...

Spyder Garage

RLS no additional Baffles with sinister Akrapovic with stage 2 monster = best sounding spyder exhaust I have herd so far. Even my dealer says it’s the best sounding spyder they have herd.Its a bit louder than the two added baffles I had before but it’s a real deep sound even the decel exhaust sound is awesome real deep sound. The deeper tone does not bother your ears. When I pull into the garage it sounds like a muscle car with a big block engine.
    Stage two monster needs no baffles if you want all the power this 1330 will put out. Two added baffles in a delete pipe will flow worse than a stock cat. I did testing with different set ups using a shop vac in blower mode.
    Soon as I removed both baffles I instantly felt the power I was loosing restricting the exhaust flow with the added baffles. From bottom end to top end I can feel the power gain.
    2017 F3S Daytona 500 SM6

Low Brow fenders
    Bobber kit
    Fox Podium 1.5 Front shocks
    Fox podium 2.0 Rear Shocks
    Baja Ron Sway bar

Spyder Garage

Did you get a chance to run it down the strip. I am curious what your 1/8 mile times will be.
    2017 Daytona F3-S SE6 , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

In a couple of weeks..I will go back for sure.