Spyder Garage

Default Ultimate versus Corbin versus BRP options

Hello All, posted the below note previously in the F3 section but realized that other platform riders could have something important to add as well. Yes, I know, to all you RDL owners out there, been there done that and love the comfort. But, I don't want the elevation of 2.5" that I'll get from one. Gotten good feedback regarding the BRP options not being much different from stock so I guess I'm mostly looking for feedback regarding the Ultimate versus the Corbin. For you Ultimate folks, do you feel it's really a different ride versus stock or the Corbin and if so, how?

"I'm in the process of trying to decide on a new seat. I've had an RT with a RDL in the past and yes it was the best. I'm not considering the RDL for F3 as I moved from the RT because I wanted to sit in the bike, not on it and the RDL raises you up due to the suspension system in the seat. I know Corbin has had F3 seats for a while and Ultimate just came out with their version. The Corbin per history will be hard until break-in and some people just don't ever like them. What's the prevailing thought on the Ultimate, is it worth it over the Can Am Coast to coast seat as all three are about the same price. I can get heated seats with the Corbin but not the others mentioned and as I live in the frozen north, that might have value.

I don't want to be pushed further away from the bars or pedals so give me your thoughts based on personal experience with the Coast to Coast, Corbin and Ultimate. I typically ride for 2-3 hours but sometimes do 500 mile trips."

Thanks

Mark
    2016 Spyder F3-L Special Series
    2016 Spyder RT Special Series

Spyder Garage

Default Different option

Quote Originally Posted by MKrone View Post
    Hello All, posted the below note previously in the F3 section but realized that other platform riders could have something important to add as well. Yes, I know, to all you RDL owners out there, been there done that and love the comfort. But, I don't want the elevation of 2.5" that I'll get from one. Gotten good feedback regarding the BRP options not being much different from stock so I guess I'm mostly looking for feedback regarding the Ultimate versus the Corbin. For you Ultimate folks, do you feel it's really a different ride versus stock or the Corbin and if so, how?

"I'm in the process of trying to decide on a new seat. I've had an RT with a RDL in the past and yes it was the best. I'm not considering the RDL for F3 as I moved from the RT because I wanted to sit in the bike, not on it and the RDL raises you up due to the suspension system in the seat. I know Corbin has had F3 seats for a while and Ultimate just came out with their version. The Corbin per history will be hard until break-in and some people just don't ever like them. What's the prevailing thought on the Ultimate, is it worth it over the Can Am Coast to coast seat as all three are about the same price. I can get heated seats with the Corbin but not the others mentioned and as I live in the frozen north, that might have value.

I don't want to be pushed further away from the bars or pedals so give me your thoughts based on personal experience with the Coast to Coast, Corbin and Ultimate. I typically ride for 2-3 hours but sometimes do 500 mile trips."

Thanks

Mark
    I have a BRP seat that has a Motorcycle Dave medical grade gel pad in it. It is very comfortable and doesn’t add any height to the seat. I did 2500 miles in a week last year in Canada with no sore spots. And I’ve had 13 back and hip operations! Plus he has heating options available.
    He is a sponsored vendor and a real nice guy.

Spyder Garage

I just went through the same decision making process considering the same options; BRP, Ultimate and Corbin. Ultimately, I chose the Corbin for several reasons with the heated seat option being one but not the deciding factor. I didn't find the Ultimate website very user friendly in helping me to understand their various custom options (YMMV). Like you, I was also concerned that the BRP option would be more of the same as my stock seat. My main factor was that I wanted a seat that I would sit "in" and not "on". I ordered the seat about two weeks ago and it should be here by the end of the month. At the time of ordering, I specified that I wanted to maintain my current position on the bike and didn't want to moved further back. Corbin stated that they could accommodate that request. With the weather being what it is in the Midwest, I may be using that heated seat well into early summer, lol. Good luck making your choice!

Spyder Garage

Default Which one is on the F3L 2017 and up ?

Hi,

Looking to change it on my side too, but more for the passenger than for myself.

As my wife is really shorter than me, I was wondering if the seat from an F3L, which seems to be somewhere between 1.5 to 2" higher than the one on my F3T might be better for her.

Anybody knows which one it is ? Is it the Coast to Coast or the Cannonball ? or something else...

Thanks !
    X-Grip Ram Mount Phone Holder, Lamonster Fog and driving lights, BRP Heated grip, Home made rear rack + Shad SH58X top case, BRP belt tensioner
    2016 F3T , Red