Spyder Garage

Default Southern AZ dealer for service

Hi all of you who live in Southern AZ. I have a question. Who is the best dealer quality wise and knowledge wise in Southern AZ?
    A little info on me. I inherited my Can-am from my father who took very good care of his motorcycles. I have a 2011 Spyder RT SE5.
    The Can-am just turned 13,000 miles. I know there is a major service at 12K according to the owners manual.
    I called Ride Now in Tucson and asked how much a 12K service was on a Can-am Spyder. The service person who I spoke with did not have a clue that there was a 12K service. He was asking me what was involved in the service. I told him a few of the items, he told me he would have to call me back because he would have to price out each individual service. I said never mind.
    So is there a shop in Southern AZ that knows what they are doing on the Can-am that is not Ride Now? Any experience with Sierra Cycle in Sierra Vista, AZ? Do I need to go to PHX? Or do I try and tackle the service myself?

Thanks in advance.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

I’d steer clear of Ride Now, Sierra Cycles took good care of a rider with major issues during the rally in Tombstone. The big part of that service is the valve check and I’d be afraid that Ride Now would charge you for it without checking it.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hey 8.1. Regarding the maintenance schedule, in 2012 BRP revised the schedule and sent it out to all owners of 2008 to 2012 machines. It lengthened the intervals for all items, changed that 12k service to 14k, and was all part of that HCM oil filter design change. Real world experience has shown that performing the valve clearance check every 14k miles is overkill, and pretty much a wallet drain with no value added. Motors have gone 50k and more without needing any adjustment. If you don’t have, and would like a copy of the revised maintenance schedule and oil filter letters, email or PM me your email address and I’ll send them out to you.
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 04-08-2018 at 10:07 AM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 8.1pwr View Post
    Hi all of you who live in Southern AZ. I have a question. Who is the best dealer quality wise and knowledge wise in Southern AZ?
    A little info on me. I inherited my Can-am from my father who took very good care of his motorcycles. I have a 2011 Spyder RT SE5.
    The Can-am just turned 13,000 miles. I know there is a major service at 12K according to the owners manual.
    I called Ride Now in Tucson and asked how much a 12K service was on a Can-am Spyder. The service person who I spoke with did not have a clue that there was a 12K service. He was asking me what was involved in the service. I told him a few of the items, he told me he would have to call me back because he would have to price out each individual service. I said never mind.
    So is there a shop in Southern AZ that knows what they are doing on the Can-am that is not Ride Now? Any experience with Sierra Cycle in Sierra Vista, AZ? Do I need to go to PHX? Or do I try and tackle the service myself?

Thanks in advance.
    RE: 14K service. That includes a valve check that will cost an extra $800 to perform. Most owners by pass that part of the service. Many dealers that "perform" the service usually charge for it and do not even get a wrench dirty. Unless your is making funny noises--I would pass on the valve check.

The dealer mentioned has been plagued with complaints about their business practices. Not Sierra Cycles
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 04-10-2018 at 11:30 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I have heard nothing but good things about Sierra Cycles. I think you would do yourself a favor to drive a little further and go to Sierra......
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Thank you all! 8.1pwr, please let us know if we can help in any way.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the replies. I will give Sierra Cycles a call.

Spyder Garage

You are making a smart decision. Have had nothing but problems with Ride Now at the 22nd st location. The drive down 83 towards Sonoita and the better service is all worth it.. Sierra Cycles is a good honest dealership. Barry and his son run a clean ship. Their BRP tech is good.

Spyder Garage

Does Sierra carry Kumho or anything else besides Kendra? I still have a some tread on the rear, but the tire has seen a lot and getting old.
    In the twisties I was playing the tart...
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Default Sierra Cycles

Quote Originally Posted by AMTJIM View Post
    Does Sierra carry Kumho or anything else besides Kendra? I still have a some tread on the rear, but the tire has seen a lot and getting old.
    Yes Sierra Cycles does carry the Kendra but will help you get what you want on the back. I'm not sure if they stock the others brands but certainly will get you what you want. 520-459-2598. They are opening their new store and planned to be in the new store this weekend so I would call to find out if they are in their new location yet, still in Sierra Vista just a few blocks from their old location. They really are a top notch dealer and will go way out of their way to help you. No one else has touched our Spyders and my husband has over 44,000 trouble free miles on his and I have over 24,000 trouble free miles on mine.
    Cindy

2016 F3-L Special Series Triple Black
    August 25, 2016

2014 ST-Limited
    July 2, 2014

"Just going down that long lonesome highway" and now REALLY loving every minute!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AMTJIM View Post
    I bought my last Kuhmo rear tire from tire rack.com for under $100. Don't buy from the dealer, they mark it up. Take the tire to Sierra and they will install it for you.