Spyder Garage

Default Brake mod on Seal Floorboard

I put a set of Seal boards on my RS and I truly love them, but I wasn't pleased with the asthetic's of the brake pedal supplied don't get me wrong ot works great I just didn't like how it looked. Well I had a Big Brake Pedal left over so I thought I would do a little homemade engineering and I think it turned out well. I also added a return spring to make sure the brake pedal fully returned, due to the extra weight. Take a look. Thanks
    Mike
    P1020887.jpgP1020888.jpgP1020889.jpgP1020890.jpgP1020891.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default Well done....

Did turn out nice.. and as long as you have the full travel for those emergency stops you have a very nice set up...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Your mod looks great. I haven't gone that route because of the panic stop issue as a manufacturer. I do have lots of distance throw on the brake, as is. I'm happy that you love my Seal Floorboards and your new improvement. Personally, I'm always looking for ways to improve everything. I've never bought a house without saying, "What a cool house, but that wall needs to go!" Keep on keeping' on.
    Rider in comfort,
    John

Spyder Garage

Thanks John.
    Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Did turn out nice.. and as long as you have the full travel for those emergency stops you have a very nice set up...
    As far as I can tell, the brake is fully engaged, don't think I could push down any further, but you have given me some food for thought, I might try to raise it another 1/4 - 1/2 " just to make sure. Simple fix, just cut another piece of almunium angle that is 1" insaed of 3/4". Thanks
    Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mikeinco View Post
    As far as I can tell, the brake is fully engaged, don't think I could push down any further, but you have given me some food for thought, I might try to raise it another 1/4 - 1/2 " just to make sure. Simple fix, just cut another piece of almunium angle that is 1" insaed of 3/4". Thanks
    Mike
    You could also just use a few fender washers on top os the 3/4" shim to get it to the exact height you want. Others have done it and it works great. You might have to get longer bolts at any hardware store.
    Ride in comfort,
    John

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sealfloorboards View Post
    You could also just use a few fender washers on top os the 3/4" shim to get it to the exact height you want. Others have done it and it works great. You might have to get longer bolts at any hardware store.
    Ride in comfort,
    John
    Oops, my bad. I was thinking of the RT. They would still work if you put them on your brake pedal, under my brake extension. Same results.
    ride in comfort,
    John

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Looks great
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sealfloorboards View Post
    Ride in comfort,
    John
    Thanks for washer idea, much simpler.