Spyder Garage

Default Front suspension upgrade for the 2013 ST LTD.

I would like to find some better front shocks, and get the Baja Ron sway bar for my 2013 ST LTD. I saw the Fox Podium kit but don't want to buy two sway bars. Do they make shock adjusters for the stock set up?

Spyder Garage

Default Thinking Outside of the Box

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgirl View Post
    I would like to find some better front shocks, and get the Baja Ron sway bar for my 2013 ST LTD. I saw the Fox Podium kit but don't want to buy two sway bars. Do they make shock adjusters for the stock set up?
    Get the podium setup for the F3 on eBay. It does not come with the sway bar. You might post and ask as some of my customers have put the F3 shocks on their RS/RSS/ST (2013 and newer). I believe the Eye to Eye length is something like 3/8" longer. But this is not a problem.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Can-Am-...FZ-JBv&vxp=mtr
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Rocketgirl,
    I have a 2013 ST-S that I've recently installed the Bajaron swaybar + links and I was able to get a set of Fox Factory Series 1.5 PodiumR shocks for an F3, which fit without any issues whatsoever, from Smith Marine on EBAY for $320. Do a search and see if they have any left.

Good Luck!
    John

PS I just checked and they have 1 set left on EBAY.
    Last edited by nwrider; 04-07-2018 at 04:51 PM.

Spyder Garage

Rocketgirl,

When you say you would like better shocks, can you be more specific on what you are looking for; do you need increased spring rates and/or are you looking for better damping? I have a 2013 ST Limited too and used the slightly longer Fox OEM shocks but upgraded to higher rated springs (181 lb/in oem fox vs 225 lb/in hypercoil springs). I weigh 190 lbs and mostly ride solo. I found the non adjustable damping still acceptable with the higher rated spring installed. I have the stiffer sway bar but actually never installed it because the stiffer springs were enough for me.

If you have the money, you cannot beat the top end shocks that have rebound AND compression damping adjustability. But, the fox shock can be had (via ebay) for about 20-25% of the cost of the high end shock.

Jerry
    13 ST Limited F/R suspension, Corbin, GIVI top case

16 Vespa Primavera 150: Stock
    16 Piaggio BV350: Suspension, braking mods in work
    14 HD XL1200T: F/R suspension and brake mods; Corbin saddle and bags
    09 Aprilia SC250: F/R suspension and minor brake mods
    97 Honda PC800: F/R wheels, F/R suspension, and F/R brake Mods; Corbin saddle
    90 CB-1: In work, long term project
    89 Honda NT650: F/R suspension; Corbin saddle

Spyder Garage

Default Shocks for an ST

I have a 2013 ST that has a BaJaRon sway bar. I initially added spring preload adjusters and felt a handling improvement.
    The ST is notoriously undersprung. Finally at Spyderfest I had stage 2 Elka shocks and springs (from an RT) added to replace my stock shocks and springs. The Elka's made an amazing improvement in stability and highway high speed tracking. No more dive in cornering or issues with cross winds or truck passing. New shocks and springs are my best farkle so far.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

I updated my 2013 st to fox podium shock for short money...these were new shock that I got a sweat deal on along with the rss heavy sway bar...all were an improvement over stock.

Spyder Garage

I thought that the limited models came from the factory with the Fox podium shocks and heavy sway bar. My 2014 sure did

full time RV'er on the road. Well we were. Now, 6 months in ThreeRivers Mi and 6 months in Apache
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Beaudog View Post
    I thought that the limited models came from the factory with the Fox podium shocks and heavy sway bar. My 2014 sure did
    But our '13s didn't.

I am heading for Spyderfest right now and suspension upgrades are number one on my list. My '13 STL SE has 33K miles on it and almost all of it is 2 up. We total about 320 lbs and both the spring rates seem soft (we bottom over many bumps) and it also tells me the compression is pretty weak. We did the BaHa Ron sway bar and links and that helped in the curves but thats all.

Hope to see some of you there.