Thread: Luggage Rack

Spyder Garage

Default Luggage Rack

Is there a luggage rack that is compatible on an F3T with the detachable passenger backrest ?

Thanks for any information provided .
    Dave....

2016 Red/Black F3T w/ Audio
    Bajha Ron Swaybar, BRP driving lights
    F4 Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy Seat
    BRP Passenger Backrest
    Custom Dynamics fender lights
    Tricled Rear Bag lights w/ Flashing Brake Modulator
    Wolo Horn, Lamonster's Bungee Buttons
    Spyderpops Bumper Skid

Spyder Garage

Yes! The rack I installed on my F3S is MBL Innovations' newly designed F3 Rack.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

I am also looking for a rack and are considering MBL Innovationīs rack. I wonder if itīs stabile? I guess it has a quite thick material but despite that it has no profile added for stability, itīs just flat metal in the part between the mounting and the actual rack...
    2016 F3-S Special Series , Matte Black

Spyder Garage

Default Adding topcase

Quote Originally Posted by mackanigbg View Post
    I am also looking for a rack and are considering MBL Innovationīs rack. I wonder if itīs stabile? I guess it has a quite thick material but despite that it has no profile added for stability, itīs just flat metal in the part between the mounting and the actual rack...
    I think this rack will be quite stabile. I have seen a few installations with top cases attached to it - which I plan to do also next year.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

One rack that does not impress me is the rack from BRP. I picked up a good deal on a used one from a member here, and will be giving it a try next week. It seems like the attachment is a little flimsy. I will definitely be placing light stuff there (maybe my rain gear). But I also mounted the Doc Humphreys rack to carry most of my wife's large assortment of stuff.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MNBK View Post
    Is there a luggage rack that is compatible on an F3T with the detachable passenger backrest ?

Thanks for any information provided .
    I have the MLB rack. It is plenty strong and stable enough - a solid fit. I have an after market top case that I use with it. I don't like the look of ANY rack and/or top case on my F3T. That is one of the main reasons why I bought the F3T and not the LTD. However, I have been using the Spyder for work related trips and I needed a more secure way of transporting my 17" laptop than strapping the LT pack to the passenger backrest.

The rack sits too high for my liking. It also blocks the saddlebag latches a little bit. In addition, the person who cut and drilled the antenna relocation plate had no idea how to use the tools to do the job. I had to clean it up and then I put electrical shrink rap on it to make it look better that the POS it was. The relocation works well with both the backrest and top box. BTW: BRP likes to Loctite things. Makes antenna removal a PITA.

My job is turning ideas into 3D computer models that can actually be manufactured. That is why I am called the CAD Dude. We have a pretty complete metal & fiberglass fab shop, along with a machine shop at work. So I plan to make a removable rack that sits lower and multiple top boxes for my specific needed - large for road trips, small for LT, dog carrier, etc.

Regards,

Don

dje-F3-rack.jpg
    Last edited by dondje; 10-08-2018 at 05:16 AM.
    2017 F3T , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Default rack

try spyder accessories i got my rack from them for my 15 f3s love it

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    One rack that does not impress me is the rack from BRP. I picked up a good deal on a used one from a member here, and will be giving it a try next week. It seems like the attachment is a little flimsy. I will definitely be placing light stuff there (maybe my rain gear). But I also mounted the Doc Humphreys rack to carry most of my wife's large assortment of stuff.
    I got the one from BRP and found it to be strong if not a little too small. I rarely use it but the times that I have it was adequate. I am a minimalist so the look was appealing to me. Works good with a cargo net from Harbor Freight. Once you mount it you will see it's plenty strong.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

We just ordered one from canamspyderaccessories.com. It mounts directly to the BRP backrest.

Spyder Garage

Default Flimsy ?

Quote Originally Posted by stevetoney View Post
    We just ordered one from canamspyderaccessories.com. It mounts directly to the BRP backrest.
    I had looked at that one thought it wouldn’t be durable enough for my needs. I need something sturdy enough for a backpack with clothing plus a cpap machine on long trips.

Good luck and keep us updated on how it works for you. I have to purchase something by spring 2019.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    I got the one from BRP and found it to be strong if not a little too small. I rarely use it but the times that I have it was adequate. I am a minimalist so the look was appealing to me. Works good with a cargo net from Harbor Freight. Once you mount it you will see it's plenty strong.
    Well, I gave it a try for our trip to spyder adventures. I think that it will work for me. But I will be keeping the weight down to a minimum. Probably going to bungee a little bag there with my travel spyder cover and rain suits in it. That way I will have easy and quick access if I should happen to hit a shower while riding.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

You get
    Looks like you got the NFL package too

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Well, I gave it a try for our trip to spyder adventures. I think that it will work for me. But I will be keeping the weight down to a minimum. Probably going to bungee a little bag there with my travel spyder cover and rain suits in it. That way I will have easy and quick access if I should happen to hit a shower while riding.
    I actually stood on mine to change a light bulb in the garage.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey