Spyder Garage

Default Magic Mirrors installed

Got my magic mirror kit today from Lamonster, and installed them in about 15 min. I got the kit with the 4 magnets. When they tell you the magnets are dangerous, believe them. I took one off and laid it on my work bench about a foot from the others, and it took off and made it's home with the others. If they stick together without the washer, they are a bugger to get apart. Seems like a great system though. Thanks.
    2015 RT S , None Tried one, but took it off. Didn't like it Black and Silver

Spyder Garage

Believe me, they are great. My dealer absolutely loved them, so much so that he ordered a set for his Spyder.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

put mine on the other day.. used the 6 magnet set.. i did elimnate the large washer on the lower front to give a tighter fit to the cowl
    JIM EVANS
    2014 RTL, cb,all panels color matched over 300 LEDs, pass armrests sat radio chrome WS brkt, larger w.s, more to come

Spyder Garage

Awesome! Congratulations!

I plan on doing this soon on my Spyder. If you don't mind me asking, why did you make the decision to buy the four magnet set instead of the six magnet set? I know the difference between the two but I'm hoping you, and others, will chime in and tell me why they made the decision they made so that I can make mine. The four magnet set, like yours, is how I'm leaning.

2017 Can-Am Spyder RT

Spyder Garage

I have the six set too. Love em. I think those that chose the 4 set opted to because of some savings, and maybe just prefer to still have the mirror hang on the top OEM pin.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Did you put a tether on the mirror? I am considering these but am concerned about them falling off is someone leans on it or something hits the mirror while riding.
    thx......brian

2016 RT Limited SE6
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by imfleck View Post
    Awesome! Congratulations! I plan on doing this soon on my Spyder. If you don't mind me asking, why did you make the decision to buy the four magnet set instead of the six magnet set? I know the difference between the two but I'm hoping you, and others, will chime in and tell me why they made the decision they made so that I can make mine. The four magnet set, like yours, is how I'm leaning.
    I got the 4-magnet set also. The top fastener works fine (just lifts off, doesn't need any force), so just replaced the bottom two. Great idea if you do a lot of work on the bike.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BrianO View Post
    Did you put a tether on the mirror? I am considering these but am concerned about them falling off is someone leans on it or something hits the mirror while riding.
    thx......brian
    I don't have the tether on mine. Couldn't figure out how to attach it to the mirror end (the instructions are confusing and don't relate to the parts that come with it). Haven't had any reason to believe tether is needed. Have ridden over 5,000 miles since installing them.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BrianO View Post
    thx......brian
    I have the magic mirrors on mine ,but the tether is a little short so all I did was run a zip tie between the two wires at each end of the plug and it holds very good.

2015 RT Limited

Spyder Garage

I did the 6 magnet set, and tether free, Just over 8000 miles on some pretty rough roads, attended at least 3 rallye's with lots of folks checking out all the bikes and have never had an accidental removal.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Default 6 mags

I did the six mag kit with tether. A great mod.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Mirror Magnets - Tether

I made my own ..... and I just started a Thread " Mirror tether - How to "............Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Mirror Removal?

How difficult is it to remove the mirrors with the 6 magnets when you are planning to do some bike maintenance?
    Thanks in advance.
    ~Sandee~

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779

Spyder Garage

WAAAAYYYY Easier than the original system. Just decide which corner to start with I usually start with the outside tip of the mirror housing and give it a firm solid push with my other hand "catching", then just peel it away from the remaining magnets, not much different than the "original" method.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Default found out hard way

Quote Originally Posted by davehirst View Post
    Got my magic mirror kit today from Lamonster, and installed them in about 15 min. I got the kit with the 4 magnets. When they tell you the magnets are dangerous, believe them. I took one off and laid it on my work bench about a foot from the others, and it took off and made it's home with the others. If they stick together without the washer, they are a bugger to get apart. Seems like a great system though. Thanks.
    you telling me!!!!! got the 4 kit too. until went to show my wife. I said look at this, held them apart so they would smack together. SOO fast that they smacked and broke. waa, waa, waa......had to buy 2 more
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Default Magic Mirror Mounts

I had an early set of Magic Mirror Mounts that I ordered back in January of 2017 directly from Russell Culley in Australia for like $75 plus shipping. Back then the kit from Russell came with six magnets and a tether that wasn't very robust. But tethers aren't really needed anyway as the mirrors will not fall off while riding.

But after my neighbor leaned on one and knocked it loose, I went back with the OEM pin at the top and just two magnets at the lower locations. That was about 15K miles ago and no problems. By far one of the best mod investments I've ever made to my '12 RT-S.

Now using that top pin does make it a bit more difficult to get the mirrors off and back on, but still way better than the original BRP system. And if someone does lean on a mirror, they can't knock it off.

But I was never able to flip and/or move the magnets around such that my analog temperature gauge would read properly. So I'm using the digital bar graph readouts on the cluster. But I do miss just being able to glance at that red needle on the temp gauge and tell if it was pointing at or near the 3:00 position.

Mike in KY