Thread: FOBO

Spyder Garage

Default FOBO

I have the FOBO system for tire pressure monitoring, and it worked great until early this year, when the rear tire didn't show up. I tried everything from reinstalling the app, to contacting the company. Sameer at FOBO was helpful, and even sent me a new sensor, but it still doesn't show up on the phone. The new sensor works on one of the front tires, but not the rear. He told me phones using OS android 7 were having problems, and I tried it on an older phone that has a different OS, same thing happened. I think I am done playing with it unless someone has a great fix.
    2015 RT S , None Tried one, but took it off. Didn't like it Black and Silver

Spyder Garage

Question. Before you tried the new sensor were you able to "Uninstall & Release" the old one? Can't add a new one in until the app & your profile on the FOBO site/app no longer expect to see the old one. I had a problem where the gauge pressures that had worked for well over a year stopped working one day. Nothing would fix it, until I uninstalled and released ALL of the sensors, deleted the profile and made a new one, installed the sensors AND even then I still had to toggle the setting for the gauge pressures off and back on. Once I did I could use gauge pressures again just like before! FOBO is great UNTIL it F$@^s up!

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Technogly is "Convenient aggravation"

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    Question. Before you tried the new sensor were you able to "Uninstall & Release" the old one? Can't add a new one in until the app & your profile on the FOBO site/app no longer expect to see the old one. I had a problem where the gauge pressures that had worked for well over a year stopped working one day. Nothing would fix it, until I uninstalled and released ALL of the sensors, deleted the profile and made a new one, installed the sensors AND even then I still had to toggle the setting for the gauge pressures off and back on. Once I did I could use gauge pressures again just like before! FOBO is great UNTIL it F$@^s up!
    I do not install them but I did not release them maybe I'll try that but if I release them can I put them back in? The same sensors that is
    2015 RT S , None Tried one, but took it off. Didn't like it Black and Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by davehirst View Post
    I do not install them but I did not release them maybe I'll try that but if I release them can I put them back in? The same sensors that is
    Yes, you only need to uninstall then release the sensor with issues first, then install the replacement to see if that solves the problem. If not and you end up having to delete/remake your profile, then yes, you uninstall then release (in that order) all of the sensors. Then any sensor can be reinstalled after it has been released.

Chuck

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by davehirst View Post
    I have the FOBO system for tire pressure monitoring, and it worked great until early this year, when the rear tire didn't show up. I tried everything from reinstalling the app, to contacting the company. Sameer at FOBO was helpful, and even sent me a new sensor, but it still doesn't show up on the phone. The new sensor works on one of the front tires, but not the rear. He told me phones using OS android 7 were having problems, and I tried it on an older phone that has a different OS, same thing happened. I think I am done playing with it unless someone has a great fix.
    Problems here too. Mine says to turn ON Bluetooth for FoboBike to work accorordinly...YES! My Bluetooth is on. The app just updated a few days ago so I’m guessing that’s the problem. I deleted the app & reinstalled & still the same. I’ll be calling next week to see what’s up.
    2015 F3S-T , Black Black & Black

Spyder Garage

Default Fobo sensor

I had a similar issue with my left front , wouldn't show up on the phone. Kept showing "unable to detect sensor " . Took it off the bike and put on my truck tire drove normal for 2 days and put back on the bike . Connected right up , and working as supposed to .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JS3535 View Post
    Problems here too. Mine says to turn ON Bluetooth for FoboBike to work accorordinly...YES! My Bluetooth is on. The app just updated a few days ago so I’m guessing that’s the problem. I deleted the app & reinstalled & still the same. I’ll be calling next week to see what’s up.
    Just cycle the bluetooth on the phone (turn off then on again). I get that notification too. It's seems to be something with the FOBO service for the app on the phone as best I can tell....

Chuck