Spyder Garage

Default Brake Pads and Spring Clips

UPDATE!

See Post #7 below...

I sell quite a few brake pad sets so I stay pretty connected to the Spring Clip issue. These pesky little buggers are very hard to break or even damage. But they will jet off in most any direction and end up who knows were when removing or installing them. That is why I recommend using a rag to surround them and the area around them when removing or installing them.

Still, there are a number of us who don't do that and lose a clip (or 2).

So, what to do?

For awhile last year the EBC pad sets I was getting had spring clips included. It was a very pleasant surprise to me and to my customers. But the last 3 orders I have received (including the order I just received) of fresh new pad sets do not include the spring clips. I'm not sure what is going on with EBC. Are they going to supply spring clips with their pad sets or not? I have not been able to get a clear answer. But it is clear that, right now, they are not included.

So, what are your alternatives if you lose, damage or break a spring clip?

1- You can fabricate one from similar diameter piano wire. They won't be pretty but they will do the job.
    2- You can post here on Spyderlovers and see if there is a blessed soul who can supply you with one.
    3- You can purchase a set of BRP pads as they are the only for sure source for these spring clips.

I wish I had a better option for a spring clip need. Hopefully, EBC pad sets will start showing up with spring clips again... SOON!
    Last edited by BajaRon; 03-30-2018 at 04:15 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks .....

Thanks for the update on those pesky clips. Would be nice to find a supplier for them. Wonder if the caliper manfg would have them...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Thanks for the update on those pesky clips. Would be nice to find a supplier for them. Wonder if the caliper manfg would have them...
    I have not been able to find a source for these spring clips. Having them made would be more expensive than it's worth unless I ordered a train load of them. If anyone does find a source please post it here on Spyderlovers.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default spring clips

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I have not been able to find a source for these spring clips. Having them made would be more expensive than it's worth unless I ordered a train load of them. If anyone does find a source please post it here on Spyderlovers.
    I'm sure you have contacted EBC about this ...... They obviously got them from someone ...... why they won't share WHO that Someone was !!! well I just don't understand this .....you purchase more than a few of the Pads from them ....... Nothing is ( really ) free, so maybe they don't want the expense of providing them with the Pads, you would think raising the price to cover this is a viable option ....... just my .02 cents ....... Good luck ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I'm sure you have contacted EBC about this ...... They obviously got them from someone ...... why they won't share WHO that Someone was !!! well I just don't understand this .....you purchase more than a few of the Pads from them ....... Nothing is ( really ) free, so maybe they don't want the expense of providing them with the Pads, you would think raising the price to cover this is a viable option ....... just my .02 cents ....... Good luck ..... Mike
    Very reasonable an logical. I wish it were that simple. And, like you, I do not understand why it is not that simple.

I am hoping to generate some inquiries to EBC. They are a large company and frankly, the Spyder is a small drop in the bucket as far as sales go for them. Still, I think they want to have a satisfied customer whenever possible.

If anyone would like to know what is going on with these spring clips. You can contact EBC here and ask them about the spring clip issue for the Can-Am Spyder. Together, maybe we can get an answer. And more importantly. Maybe some positive action!

EBC Brakes USA Contact Us Form

Spyder Garage

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...27#post1345327

Just before I left for vacation, Called EBC to verify that the spring clips were in the new brake pads and they confirmed that yes they were. Looked in the box to confirm they were there. I talked to William.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Just received this. Looks like Good News! Looks like we have a Very Good Solution! Short term and long term.

Sent: Friday, March 30, 2018 9:06 AM
    To: Robert Keller
    Subject: FW: Form Submission from EBC website

Kind regards
    Brendan Cashman
    Hi Ron,
    These pads should be coming with clips, please forward me your address & I can mail you some.
    Kind Regards,
    Robert Keller

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Just received this. Looks like Good News! Looks like we have a Very Good Solution! Short term and long term.

Sent: Friday, March 30, 2018 9:06 AM
    To: Robert Keller
    Subject: FW: Form Submission from EBC website

Kind regards
    Brendan Cashman
    Hi Ron,

These pads should be coming with clips, please forward me your address & I can mail you some.

Kind Regards,
    Robert Keller

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze