Spyder Garage

Default Signal Light Hyper-Flashing

I recently picked up a 2012 RTS for my fiance'. First thought was that the lighting was a little dim and out of date so I'm going to LED it out. I did the backend first adding LED turn signals and reverse lights. The bike had the 3rd brake light from Show Chrome already installed. I noticed the hyper-flash so I added load resisters to the signal light circuit at the taillight. Issue resolved; regular flashing turn signals. Last night I installed LED high beam lights first; still no hyper-flash. After adding the fog lights to the front the hyper-flash is back.

Do I need to add another set of load resisters to the fog light circuit?

Spyder Garage

You wrote "I noticed the hyper-flash so I added load resisters to the signal light circuit at the taillight." Will you please say what value resistors and where in the circuit did you place them? Positive side? Negative side? I have hyper flash. There is a Lamonster garage video on how to correct it but sometimes, it comes back. I'd like a permanent fix. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ricford View Post
    You wrote "I noticed the hyper-flash so I added load resisters to the signal light circuit at the taillight." Will you please say what value resistors and where in the circuit did you place them? Positive side? Negative side? I have hyper flash. There is a Lamonster garage video on how to correct it but sometimes, it comes back. I'd like a permanent fix. Thanks.
    I added 6 Ohm 50W Load Resisters. I ordered them from Amazon. There are only 2 wires going to/from the signal light, a positive and a negative. I added them between the two as posted on the Amazon link. I forgot about the Lamonster hyper-flash fix. I will have to try that. Maybe it will cure my woe.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Let's start from "Ground Zero".
    What changes have been made to the turnsignals, and brakelights?
    (What kind of bulbs did you add; where'd you get them, and what wattage are they?)
    The same info for the headlights and foglights...

The foglight circuits shouldn't impact stop and turnsignal lighting at all...
    what else has been changed on the bike?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Headlight - LED 9005s with ballasts
    Fog light - Lamonster Ultrabright H8
    Turn Signal - LED Amber 7507
    Reverse light - LED 7506
    License Plate light - LED 578
    3rd Brake light - Show Chrome 3 in 1 light bar

Not sure on the wattage. They are all 6000k bulbs. When I did the install I did not notice the hyper-flash until I added the fog lights. I realize they are on different circuits but. I wonder is the load resisters are not working, i.e. fried.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would suggest giving TricLED a call: 1-(954)-908-7850
    They can walk you through the entire set of possibilities: including which resistors should be used.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

So, I had a few issues with hyper flash which I repaired by the reset shown by LaMonster but last time I decided I liked the hyper flash better. The flash seems more ‘insistent’ and noticeable. The first flash also appears more quickly. Problem solved.
    2016 F3T Limited
    F4 Windshield, LaMonster backrest, headlights, foglights with rings, Long Horn mirror lights, saddle bag and fender lights, swaybar, cat bypass, Centrtonics balancers, Fobo, Baker hand and lower wings, laser alignment, Dual power plate,Givi E47 center bag, Sensa 20s, Pitbull highway riding pegs, Tricled highway lights, empty bank account