Spyder Garage

Default BRP connect system?

Does anyone know if there is a distance to empty readout on the 2018 BRP connect system?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Haven’t got clue what you mean. “Distance to empty readout”? BRP Connect is an app on smartphones. If you want to know app coding info don’t ask here.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member ottawa-rider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Apparently, there is some kind of gas mileage statistic available on the 2018 Spyder.

Due to still being winter here, I have not ridden mine yet, so I'm not familiar with exactly what information is given.

Note that this is build in to the new dash system and does not involves BRP Connect.
    2018 RT LTD , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dkfn1218 View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a distance to empty readout on the 2018 BRP connect system?
    There is no distance to empty on the built in display, just a fuel gauge. There is an instantaneous MPG reading, and also an average MPG, but the average MPG always shows 70 (a bug in the firmware, apparently). Note that the display is independent of the BRP Connect - BRP Connect is used to display data from supported apps running on an iPhone or Android.

- Ken

Spyder Garage

Apparently BRP engineer's want us to do our own mental math. My '07 F-150 pick-em-up has Miles to Empty on it's "digital" dash. Or maybe it's too intensive coding for them???
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ya, my Mini Cooper tells me how many miles I have on reserve but it's never right as I've gone to 0 and still had gas. As mentioned, the trip meters and gas info are built into the dash and separate from BRP Connect. Hopefully the next software update will fix this and a few other problems.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Thank you all for the replies. We just didn’t word our question the way we needed too. I’m a new rider and just wanted to know if it was available. I’ve ridden 3 times. Ready for some better weather to ride and learn more about my new bike.