Spyder Garage

Default Getting the phone to work through the head set

I have a 2016 RTS with XM and a CB. I am trying to find out how I can use this system to answer my telephone while riding. I have GPS as well. I had heard that theres a way to do it but I cannot find any links to show me how. Is there another cable I need?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    2016 RTS , GPS, entertainment cable. Outlets in trunk and trunk. White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Claimbo View Post
    I have a 2016 RTS with XM and a CB. I am trying to find out how I can use this system to answer my telephone while riding. I have GPS as well. I had heard that theres a way to do it but I cannot find any links to show me how. Is there another cable I need? Thanks in advance for any help.
    Isn't that more a function of your headset?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default Headset

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Isn't that more a function of your headset?
    What gps do you have ? What headset do you have? I pair my garmin 595 gps to my phone and my gps to my sena 20s listen to music, turn x turn directions, and phone calls all displayed on your gps

Spyder Garage

If you have the BRP CB/XM kit installed. Here’s the phone interface cord.

https://can-am.brp.com/content/canam...rface-kit.html
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've been wondering this too.

I assume you are asking about a WIRED headset ?

IF it works at all, I would think that you would pair the phone with the GPS.....and then set the phone to "headset mode" so it will automatically answer incoming calls. Then, of course, the GPS would have to be turned ON......but you don't have to use it for anything else.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder 42 View Post
    If you have the BRP CB/XM kit installed. Here’s the phone interface cord.

https://can-am.brp.com/content/canam...rface-kit.html
    Thank you! Hopefully it will be easy to install and it will work
    2016 RTS , GPS, entertainment cable. Outlets in trunk and trunk. White

Spyder Garage

I've not heard of any way to set this up. I use my Bluetooth on our wireless headsets on the helmets. Unless someone knows how to do this thru the bike.

Spyder Garage

you need the entertainment harness ,, then the phone interface harness and it will pair thru the gps on the bike i have it set up on mine works fine just takes a little adjusting to get the settings just right
    JIM EVANS
    2014 RTL, cb,all panels color matched over 300 LEDs, pass armrests sat radio chrome WS brkt, larger w.s, more to come

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    I've been wondering this too.

I assume you are asking about a WIRED headset ?

IF it works at all, I would think that you would pair the phone with the GPS.....and then set the phone to "headset mode" so it will automatically answer incoming calls. Then, of course, the GPS would have to be turned ON......but you don't have to use it for anything else.
    The GPS has to have a microphone input. The adapter cable takes the headset mic signal and directs it to the GPS which then sends it to the phone via BT. Since the GPS has audio out it sends the phone audio out the same as the GPS audio.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    The GPS has to have a microphone input. The adapter cable takes the headset mic signal and directs it to the GPS which then sends it to the phone via BT. Since the GPS has audio out it sends the phone audio out the same as the GPS audio.
    I kind of understand that.

But if you are going to physically plug the adapter into the integrated entertainment system and then plug into the headset jack on the phone......
    Why does the GPS or Bluetooth need to be involved at all ??

Edit: No need worrying about WHY, the description of the "adapter" clearly states that the GPS is required.
    Last edited by Easy Rider; 03-30-2018 at 03:53 PM.

Spyder Garage

Mine works like a charm using the MD BT Cable and SM10. Galaxy S7 (rather an antique phone even).
    Though as a home based business involving computer service, I disable my Phone auto-answer on long trips.
    Too many calls drive me crazy.... I do only answer calls and usually pull over ASAP, I'd never make one while moving.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020