Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    That's true...

IF you have the tools, the skill, and the place to do the job!
    Sometimes: it's best to let the Pros make the magic happen...

I have the tools and place but no skill

letting the pros install a comfort seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
    I have the tools and place but no skill letting the pros install a comfort seat
    I was just suggesting that if someone couldn't get an appointment for seat replacement at SpyderFest, it's not the end of the world because it's a pretty easy job to do and doesn't take any special skills.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Kindly re-read Post #26...
    ...I'll also admit to having the same shortage of skill.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Kindly re-read Post #26...
    ...I'll also admit to having the same shortage of skill.
    That's where YouTube DIY videos come in, you got skill enough to find the 1 that you understand & can follow

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Kindly re-read Post #26...I'll also admit to having the same shortage of skill.
    I did read and re-read it, Bob. I think anyone can do a seat replacement if I can. It just requires patience, not skill.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Some of us have physical limitations, that make the jobs too difficult to complete satisfactorily.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Disappointed

For my first time attending. I was extremely disappointed. I understand the weather is unpredictable. We rode 9 hours on Tuesday to attend.
    Went to Pitbull in S'field around 4:30 on Tuesday to scope out what was going on. Buck was great and showed us around. It was to late to get registered. We had pre-registered when the dates came out.
    Went back Wednesday morning at 8:45 and registered. Asked if we could sign up for the rides and were told just be lined up on the ride we wanted on Thursday.
    Then found out if we wanted to see vendors that we had to ride 30 miles to Boliver. We were looking specifically for passenger arm rests and a fuel door. No one was selling fuel doors, and only one vendor had arm rests and they wouldn't install. Very disappointed in the number of vendors and their offerings.
    After spending about 3 hours walking around, we went back to the hotel.
    When we registered, told Pitbull it would be our first time attending and were told there would be 1300-1400 Spyders there. My question to Pitbull is if each ride was limited to 35 Spyders, there were two rides scheduled for each day, with 3 start times. That's 210 Spyders allowed to go on the rides. What is everyone else supposed to do??????

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by montej722 View Post
    For my first time attending. I was extremely disappointed. I understand the weather is unpredictable. We rode 9 hours on Tuesday to attend.
    Went to Pitbull in S'field around 4:30 on Tuesday to scope out what was going on. Buck was great and showed us around. It was to late to get registered. We had pre-registered when the dates came out.
    Went back Wednesday morning at 8:45 and registered. Asked if we could sign up for the rides and were told just be lined up on the ride we wanted on Thursday.
    Then found out if we wanted to see vendors that we had to ride 30 miles to Boliver. We were looking specifically for passenger arm rests and a fuel door. No one was selling fuel doors, and only one vendor had arm rests and they wouldn't install. Very disappointed in the number of vendors and their offerings.
    When we registered, told Pitbull it would be our first time attending and were told there would be 1300-1400 Spyders there. My question to Pitbull is if each ride was limited to 35 Spyders, there were two rides scheduled for each day, with 3 start times. That's 210 Spyders allowed to go on the rides. What is everyone else supposed to do??????
    Most do there own rides. A lot of people do not like riding in large groups. (safety, comfort and controlled) Surely you have heard the old

motorcycle adage--Ride your own ride! Do your own riding at your own speed and gather with the gaggle at night.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Default Hate you were disappointed!

Quote Originally Posted by montej722 View Post
    There is a guy on here named Mike that was supposed to be there selling the fuel door Email is: mike@blueknight911.com .

I understand your disappointment on the rides although others would say create your own rides. I would also prefer to have pre-planned group rides which was missing from the Spyders in the Ozarks last year. At that event there were no pre-planned rides - you had to try to connect with others there who were familiar with the area and try to go on their rides.

So did you get to go on any rides ? Have any fun or was it a total bust for you?
    Last edited by al0vely; 05-06-2018 at 11:32 AM.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Done!

A pleasure to meet you, Chris! Glad we could get you Squared Away! Thank you for being patient. Let us know how you like it!!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system