I've noticed over time several people have posted comments that their 1330 Spyders sounded like "someone shaking a can of washers" upon start up. I've not noticed anyone posting anything about what is causing that symptom or possible fixes.

Well, my 2014 RT is starting to do this too. It started a few months ago, but seems to be getting worse. (I haven't been riding it much during the winter, but spring is almost upon us.) It is intermittent with no discernible pattern, doing it with a cold engine and sometimes it'll do it with a hot engine also. It will last a split second or two, or sometimes will go on for up to as long as about 30 seconds. But, then other times nothing and it sounds like a new bike. Either way the noise does go away and it always runs flawlessly without any codes showing. From my motorcycle background it appears to be a failing cam chain tensioner. From what I can see the 1330 uses a hydraulic pressurized tensioner using the oil pressure to apply tension with a spring assist. In certain motorcycles their tensioners are known to fail and need replacement early and often, so this is not an unheard of problem.

Anyone have any insight or further information???