Quote Originally Posted by Rookiespyder View Post
I went to do my first ever oil change on my 2015 RT Limited. I used the T 40 socket to loosen the screw, but on my first turn I realized that it was stripped. So I called a dealer and they suggested for me to try a tap out bits, but to know avail that did not work. So then I tried vise grips but the head of the hex screw is to soft so it slips off. I am out of options so off to pay the dealer to Pay them to take it out unless someone has an idea. I was hoping to accomplish this by myself to say that I did it. Thanks.
I had the same issue with the engine plug on my '14. I was able to take the next size up Torx bit and lightly tap it into the drain plug and it had enough grip to remove the plug. You could possibly use an Allen/Hex wrench and get it to grab. Just make sure you "lightly tap" whatever bit you're able to use, because you do not want to crack/mar the nipple that the plug screws into, due to it being alum./mag. material. BE VERY CAREFULL! Hope this helps you. Been there, done that. Mac