Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default It’s tricky sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by jhcolo View Post
    On my new (to me) 2014 RT-S stock seat, I removed the driver's backrest to see if I liked being without it. Now, I'm unable to get it to click back in place like the BRP video shows https://youtu.be/cEr9VS03Tjw. Is there a trick I'm missing?

Thanks!
    Its kind of tricky, it’s almost like you have to slide the post in at an angle front to back. It doesn’t slide in straigh up and down. Try holding the bracket on the side of the seat almost like it was in the seat so you can see the angle at which the post needs to go down and back when you install it.
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcaburto View Post
    My 2013 RT was in the shop for about a month being repaired after I was rear ended and the saddle was one of the items that needed to be changed. I asked the shop/dealer if they could upgrade it to a seat with the plug since mine doesn't have it. That way I could just buy the back rest. But their answer was "we don't recommend it, rain normally gets in and damages the cushion". I wish I had known about the rain cover then.
    Had mine two riding seasons. It's been rained on, snowed on, and been through the spray car wash Many Times, without the slightest sign of Any kind of damage. I wouldn't worry at all!

Neil
    2020 Harley Davidson Tri Glide Ultra
    2017 F3-T SE6 White / BRP Backrest / Nuvi 58 LM / Polaris Spring Spacers / CALSCI 22" Shield
    2016 RTE6 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brentc View Post
    Its kind of tricky, it’s almost like you have to slide the post in at an angle front to back. It doesn’t slide in straigh up and down. Try holding the bracket on the side of the seat almost like it was in the seat so you can see the angle at which the post needs to go down and back when you install it.
    Yeah, tried what seems to be every possible angle. Can feel the feet, tangs. whatever, drop into what feels like the right spot but it will not click into place for me. Unfortunately, I live in the boonies and I'm the only one of my social circle lucky enough to own a Spyder, so no help there. I'd just drop by a dealer but the nearest to me is ~250 miles! Thanks, Brentc! Anybody else out there, please feel free to chime in or send me a PM.

Spyder Garage

As has been said the bracket does not go in straight up and down. i had to angle it to the rear. To know if I was engaging the bracket under the seat, I had the seat up some with one hand on the bracket (under the seat) and could feel the 'fork' of the backrest hitting the bracket. It did take a little force to get it to latch. Hope this helps.