Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    I have been to JCthorne's shop and he has top end everything. Very impressive shop and he is very knowledgeable about everything pertaining to Spyders. I just wish someone like him lived closer to me.

Never met a tool I did not like. I have been accused by Louise of only running the shop for the purpose of buying tools....

Thanks for the kind words. Do love working on these bikes.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I ordered those tools yesterday and got them today already. Wow that is a record for free shipping!
    Have fun. I no longer use a balance for my wheels. I put in dyna beads and done with it.
    David

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Never met a tool I did not like. I have been accused by Louise of only running the shop for the purpose of buying tools....

Thanks for the kind words. Do love working on these bikes.
    I like doing that also. I go some friends that I help out on their spyders. Haven't fool with a F3 yet. My cousin had one and 12-28-16 woman ran a stop sign and totaled out the F3 and now he is still in the bed paralyzed from the accident.
    David

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GearHd View Post
    That guys method is extremely accurate. I have access to a Marc Parnes balancer similar to the one in video and a computer spin balancer, balance on the Marc Parnes balancer, then put it on the computer balancer and it comes up .000 every time.
    I too have the Marc Parnes balancer. It works great for me also!

Gunner

Spyder Garage

Default No Mar

we do lots of tires. We use a No Mar tire machine and a No Mar wheel balancer. Took a couple tries to get the hang of it. It paid for itself in a couple of months. Works great, and No Mar means no damage to wheels. Check it out!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

major problem i have is when he inflated it his hand was on the tire near the bead . any tire installer can tell
    you how dangerous that can be. next is he never mentioned using bead seal, that black goo that is put on the
    bead of the rim to prevent leaks from occurring. last is his balancing is like a bubble balancer from the '60's & 70's
    which was never really accurate.
    if a home job is what you want then follow his instructions but remember you will probably get what you pay for.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default BEAD SEALER

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    major problem i have is when he inflated it his hand was on the tire near the bead . any tire installer can tell
    you how dangerous that can be. next is he never mentioned using bead seal, that black goo that is put on the
    bead of the rim to prevent leaks from occurring. last is his balancing is like a bubble balancer from the '60's & 70's
    which was never really accurate.
    if a home job is what you want then follow his instructions but remember you will probably get what you pay for.
    That stuff should be called - BEAD GLUE ..... if you don't own a professional Hydraulic tire machine, getting the bead to release is almost impossible ..... I recently did 8 tires didn't use Bead Seal when mounting and none have any leaks after 6 mos.. ....Mike

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    That stuff should be called - BEAD GLUE ..... if you don't own a professional Hydraulic tire machine, getting the bead to release is almost impossible ..... I recently did 8 tires didn't use Bead Seal when mounting and none have any leaks after 6 mos.. ....Mike
    it's purpose is to fill small imperfections in the rim or tire i.e. rust, corrosion, dips in NEW tires. at my place we always use it but it is not always needed sort of like wearing a seatbelt for all those times you were not in an accident or wearing a helmet yet never thrown from your bike.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default BEAD SEALER

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    it's purpose is to fill small imperfections in the rim or tire i.e. rust, corrosion, dips in NEW tires. at my place we always use it but it is not always needed sort of like wearing a seatbelt for all those times you were not in an accident or wearing a helmet yet never thrown from your bike.
    Thanks soooooooooooo much for this info. I had no idea what the Bead Sealer was for. I thought maybe they used it with the Dyna-Beads or something similar. I was just relating my experience with the stuff .... I will never use it because of that experience. Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd ........ If you think your comparison OF similar or equal...................well ..............Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 08-18-2018 at 12:06 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    we do lots of tires. We use a No Mar tire machine and a No Mar wheel balancer. Took a couple tries to get the hang of it. It paid for itself in a couple of months. Works great, and No Mar means no damage to wheels. Check it out!

I bought a NoMar and mounted it to the shop floor. Then proceeded to thrash with it for several hours and never did complete one tire change correctly and without damage to a wheel. The device WOULD NOT hold the wheel, tighten so far the clamps bent and still the wheel slipped in the nylon blocks. I called NoMar and they only told me to watch the videos. I did, the machine they sent me simply would not do what the video shows. The wheel just moved or gouged. I called back again and they just said, well it will not hold all wheel types. Sorry. Then they charged me an outrageous restocking fee to return the defective machine, got less than half my money back. I was NOT impressed with the machine's low build quality or the company's lack of care or help after the sale. Do not recommend for Spyder wheels.

I bought a Ranger tire machine and had it fully functional in 30 minutes and never once harmed a spyder wheel. Right tool for the job and zero frustration. It just works.
    It also handles my big truck tires, motorcycle tires and vette tires and wheels without difficulty.

Liked the Ranger tire machine so much I would not even consider another brand when we purchased a real balance machine. Pretty happy with it as well.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default Wow!

Mine works perfectly!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    Mine works perfectly!

i truly think they either sent a unit with defective clamps as they bent rather easily when trying to clamp the wheel, or the machine they recommended for the wheels was the wrong one. Either way the total lack of support or customer care was appalling and made the final decision to move on an easy one.

I have had great support from BendPak Ranger on all my equipment from them.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default Tyre Pressure!!

I thought my tyre was going fast, but nothing like what you do. I have 15.000km on my rear OEM, and now looking for a replacement. I have been running 18 to 20 psi and now asking you what you have used?
    I think it would be more, but how much?

safe riding
    Finn

I dont think the procedure would be any different but I will find out soon enough the way I burn tires. I only have 1700 miles on my OEM rear and the center is already hit the raised indicator.