Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default NRA

Whats your definition of a Mass shooting ? Whats Your definition of Assault Rifle ? How much Gun control do we need? I'm a member of the NRA and have been since 1970 and I will even agree that this nation is in need of "SOME" gun control. My problem is it always seems that much of the solutions get muddled in the political and or SPECIAL interest corners . And then their are all the FACTS that start coming out of the EXPERTS. I seriously believe we do have a problem, but in my opinion the problem is mostly societal . Most people that want a lot more gun control never compare Mexico's laws on gun ownership and the death rate by guns compared to ours or Switzerland's ownership and death rate or Yemen's. I don't have a answer or a solution but i do believe that the problem will never be resolved until both sides come to the table with open minds and leave the rhetoric at the door.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by easysuper View Post
    Whats your definition of a Mass shooting ? Whats Your definition of Assault Rifle ? How much Gun control do we need? I'm a member of the NRA and have been since 1970 and I will even agree that this nation is in need of "SOME" gun control. My problem is it always seems that much of the solutions get muddled in the political and or SPECIAL interest corners . And then their are all the FACTS that start coming out of the EXPERTS. I seriously believe we do have a problem, but in my opinion the problem is mostly societal . Most people that want a lot more gun control never compare Mexico's laws on gun ownership and the death rate by guns compared to ours or Switzerland's ownership and death rate or Yemen's. I don't have a answer or a solution but i do believe that the problem will never be resolved until both sides come to the table with open minds and leave the rhetoric at the door.
    Amen, brother!
    Bert

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by easysuper View Post
    Well said. Thanks.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnsimion View Post
    I do not understand why self-proclaimed conservatives hate CA and NY so much. Really? If you don't live there, how do their liberal policies affect you? What about the "states' rights" that are supposedly such a conservative trademark? What, they don't apply to states whose policies you don't like? Stop being a hypocrite. Take a chill pill, don't go to those states and ignore the policies they have there that DON'T AFFECT YOU where YOU live.

Your idea about dividing the country is really immature and wouldn't solve anything. We are not perfectly divided into red and blue states. The "reddest" of red states were only 65-70% for Trump and the "bluest" of blue states were only about 60% for Hillary (not counting DC). You cannot solve the country's political problems by screwing over the 30-40% of voters left behind after your division. I'm also willing to wager that the vast majority of red voters in red states wouldn't go along with the division and vice-versa for blue voters in blue states. Nor does your idea consider the fact that politics do, in fact, change over time. The pendulum has swung back and forth multiple times during my lifetime.

Here's a better idea: How about if we the people GROW UP and insist that our representatives in Congress do the same, and learn to compromise like they used to? I can't think of a single person in Washington, DC, right now that acts like an adult. And YES, that goes for both parties. Whatever problems we had in this country intensified greatly when the "you're either with us or against us" attitude developed.
    Well said, John. Thanks.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Raprider View Post
    Mr H...

Some Democrat, somewhere... Out of 635 Senators and representatives at the federal level alone...OK sure.
    Why must it be "they" who are messing it up for the rest of us, and not those who "gotta have mah guns cuz I got my right to ALL of them" are professing?
    Nobody is trying to mess anything up, but simply to change things...for the better...for all...based on the proceedings morals and values of the times.
    And as inevitably as death and taxes, things change, especially in a society as diverse as ours. Some would still disagree on certain changes in our 242 past years, and hard fought battles are still being won and lost.
    Even Prohibition had good intent, though most of us here would have hated living during it
    And just to add, we don't all read the same paper, and the bulk of today's mass media, literally anything broader than the Hickory Dickory free pages at the local supermarket, are designed with few facts and primarily opinions...fully intended to spin the news for the expected audience..simply to sell more papers or more eyeball hours or whatever... Not suggesting any of it is FAKE per see, but Fair n Balanced, not so much.
    Well as for this countrys moral values there really isn't anymore. Its seems like its just point the finger and blame each other for something that had nothing to do with most of us. But. I guess anymore its easier to condem than try to fix the real issue. And there is really no such thing as fair and balanced anymore. So forgive me if I offended anyone. But the best way to change the way things in the country is to start by changing your own neighborhood. Not trying to protest and destroy the city you live in.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How about if we just start by equally applying and enforcing the existing laws first?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    How about if we just start by equally applying and enforcing the existing laws first?
    That would be nice if we can get these so called elected officials to grow some you know what's and do it. But they are more worried about staying in office all their lifes than doing what they was sent up there to do. Because they don't want to offend a possible voter that might vote for them.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Term limits for ALL of them!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MR. H1956 View Post
    That would be nice if we can get these so called elected officials to grow some you know what's and do it. But they are more worried about staying in office all their lifes than doing what they was sent up there to do. Because they don't want to offend a possible voter that might vote for them.
    If you're talking about elected Sheriffs, State Attorneys General and Judges, maybe. Otherwise this rant makes no sense because the legislature makes laws and the executive branch enforces them. So, which 'so-called elected officials' are you talking about?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Why... ALL of them: of course!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Guns barely make the "Top Ten" list of our Societal problems...

Spyder Garage

Term limits for ALL of them!
    NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN''BOUT!!!!!!!!

​And have been for years!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Why... ALL of them: of course!
    So, anarchy is the solution I guess. That must be what we need our well-regulated militia for....
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I believe that they actually call them "Elections".
    When it becomes a career for these Chuckleheads: they forget the real reason that they're there.
    To serve the best interests of the public.

If you think about it: our Founding Fathers () really got it right!
    But they DID miss on what would happen; if elected officials got too comfortable in their new jobs, and began to make getting re-elected their primary focus...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I honestly think that Ray Stevens said it the best:

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I believe that they actually call them "Elections".
    When it becomes a career for these Chuckleheads: they forget the real reason that they're there.
    To serve the best interests of the public.

If you think about it: our Founding Fathers () really got it right!
    But they DID miss on what would happen; if elected officials got too comfortable in their new jobs, and began to make getting re-elected their primary focus...
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

If only we could get the Baby Killers to comprehend that..............

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    If you want a discussion on abortion laws - have the courage to start a thread.

Suggest you (and others) stop trying to insert it into a totally separate debate.

Now why do I have the feeling you will now state that "it's the same thing" - it isn't at all - moral, ethical and religion-based debates about beginning and end of life issues are not the same as debates about what humanity autonomous adults owe others through use (or reatraint) of weapons.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    If you want a discussion on abortion laws - have the courage to start a thread.

Suggest you (and others) stop trying to insert it into a totally separate debate.

Now why do I have the feeling you will now state that "it's the same thing" - it isn't at all - moral, ethical and religion-based debates about beginning and end of life issues are not the same as debates about what humanity autonomous adults owe others through use (or reatraint) of weapons.

Na.............. I just enjoy seeing you having a meltdown.

Try SPF-50, it has better UV protection.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hahaha no meltdown here !!! Not worth it...
    I take it you lack the courage to start your own thread on your topic de jour?
    Can dish it out but can't take it? LMF

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    Hahaha no meltdown here !!! Not worth it...
    I take it you lack the courage to start your own thread on your topic de jour?
    Can dish it out but can't take it? LMF

First you want to control peoples guns, and now you want to control where people post.

Yup, you would fit right in living in California.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wrong, and wrong.
    Edit To clarify - yes I think your country should consider some kind of limited gun control but, as I said before, that is an issue for your country. The debate is of interest globally, whether you like it or not.

I guess in your world a "suggest" equals "control"

Sad
    Last edited by loisk; 03-29-2018 at 08:14 PM.

Spyder Garage

Hi Lois,

Re: I guess in your world a "suggest" equals "control"

Only if one is paranoid.

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    what baby killers?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Al...
    Don't encourage them.

I DO agree with Lois : it is a completely separate and distinct issue that deserves it's own thread.......

...Which won't last for fifteen minutes, before being shut down!