Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just for the record: The AR-15 has been around for over 55 years now...

So is it rifle; or the people that are misusing it?
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 03-23-2018 at 02:38 PM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

I am a proud gun owners, I respect the constitution and I am a proud member of the NRA. If the.NRA was not around, I would dread to think what this.country would be like.
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I've had enough with this thread, am i the only one who still works & has to do their job?

Spyder Garage

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    I've had enough with this thread, am i the only one who still works & has to do their job?
    I don't think so..
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

quoting Josh Campbell from CNN doesn't help the credibility of your point of view at all...
    Youth Shooting Sports involve target shooting with .22 rimfire rifles. They fire a round at just about 1,100 feet per second: nowhere NEAR his reported 1,800 fps...

Spyder Garage

I had intended to stay out of this, but I have to repeat something I have said before, so here goes:

I have what would probably be considered an arsenal by the talking heads and the big money guys that are supporting the most recent anti-gun movement. Until about 5 years ago, I kept my "arsenal" in a glass front display cabinet. I now keep my "arsenal" in a gun safe.

I grew up on a farm in PA and learned how to use guns and how to respect what a gun is used for and what it can do if used wrongly. I purchased my very own firearm, a 12 gauge slide action Remington Wingmaster when I was 16 and have owned guns, shotguns, rifles, handguns, ever since.

In all of these years, even when the guns were in a glass front display case, never once has any of my guns opened the doors, stepped outside, opened the ammo drawer, loaded itself and shot anything. The gun ain't the problem, folks. Humanity is the problem.

Until we as parents actually take the responsibility to raise our children, be their parent not their buddy, I don't see much change. So, lets continue to blame the tool, the inanimate object. But let's not take the time and make the effort to get to the real problem and fix it. Banning the tool is a quick fix which is what we want in today's society, but it won't last forever.

I am not intending to stomp anyone's toes, here. But I do feel rather strongly about this topic. I am not as eloquent as some folks here, but I only hope y'all can understand thew point I am trying to make.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    quoting Josh Campbell from CNN doesn't help the credibility of your point of view at all...
    Youth Shooting Sports involve target shooting with .22 rimfire rifles. They fire a round at just about 1,100 feet per second: nowhere NEAR his reported 1,800 fps...
    I'm really not concerned about my credibility. I'm sure you knowledge of firearms far surpasses that of a former firearms instructor with the FBI.
    I simple posted an opinion about the history of the nra. Of course I realized it doesn't correspond with the viewpoint of many in the cult. I think the point of the article is how dangerous and effective their propaganda machine is. This is very much in evidence here on this forum.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kep-up View Post
    I had intended to stay out of this, but I have to repeat something I have said before, so here goes:

I have what would probably be considered an arsenal by the talking heads and the big money guys that are supporting the most recent anti-gun movement. Until about 5 years ago, I kept my "arsenal" in a glass front display cabinet. I now keep my "arsenal" in a gun safe.

I grew up on a farm in PA and learned how to use guns and how to respect what a gun is used for and what it can do if used wrongly. I purchased my very own firearm, a 12 gauge slide action Remington Wingmaster when I was 16 and have owned guns, shotguns, rifles, handguns, ever since.

In all of these years, even when the guns were in a glass front display case, never once has any of my guns opened the doors, stepped outside, opened the ammo drawer, loaded itself and shot anything. The gun ain't the problem, folks. Humanity is the problem.

Until we as parents actually take the responsibility to raise our children, be their parent not their buddy, I don't see much change. So, lets continue to blame the tool, the inanimate object. But let's not take the time and make the effort to get to the real problem and fix it. Banning the tool is a quick fix which is what we want in today's society, but it won't last forever.

I am not intending to stomp anyone's toes, here. But I do feel rather strongly about this topic. I am not as eloquent as some folks here, but I only hope y'all can understand thew point I am trying to make.
    I honestly don't know what your point is. The topic is whether the NRA has changed in the last 40 years from being a responsible sportsmen's organization to being a schill for the arms industry that suddenly discovered that flogging the 2nd amendment could sell more guns. NOTHING in this article, or in my posts, suggests that guns should be confiscated from responsible owners who are just enjoying their sport, as opposed to intimidating their neighbors or have delusions about defending the United States from itself.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 03-23-2018 at 07:38 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    I know the children of today are not the brightest bulbs but, somebody better inform these little snowflakes that they can't vote.

They are not unseating sh*t.............
    Remember the Viet Nam war, or are you old enough to? The protest movement that eventually led to Johnson deciding not to run again started with non-voting students in college. Voting age wasn't dropped to 18 until 1971. You underestimate, or dismiss, the power of the young at your own peril.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Remember the Viet Nam war, or are you old enough to? The protest movement that eventually led to Johnson deciding not to run again started with non-voting students in college. Voting age wasn't dropped to 18 until 1971. You underestimate, or dismiss, the power of the young at your own peril.
    This latest generation reminds me of the youth of our generation when it came to pushing back against the 'establishment'. I'm so pleased to see their spirit in action.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Bob Denman;1346014]Just for the record: The AR-15 has been around for over 55 years now...

so have i
    Last edited by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN; 03-24-2018 at 08:25 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The youth are out in force today. I agree, it's foolish to dismiss them. Remember they will be old enough to vote in 2020 and it seems like they are going after the nra. Heck, back in the 70's they would have burned the nra ivory tower down.
    Love my

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    The youth are out in force today. I agree, it's foolish to dismiss them. Remember they will be old enough to vote in 2020 and it seems like they are going after the nra. Heck, back in the 70's they would have burned the nra ivory tower down.

Their slogan in 2020 will be "Ban Guns, Kill Unborn Babies".

Once they get smart enough to know the value of a dollar some of these little snowflakes will turn conservative. The rest will go on welfare looking for more free stuff.

As for you, I'm not understanding how you justify these left wing groups that are busing these kids in to exploit them for political gain ???? Can you honestly think these kids have a half of brain between them all to organize once you remove them from a video game screen ????? I'm not sure if you remember, but wasn't these the same kids after the 2016 election needed to cancel classes to play with play-doh in their safe space.

These kids can't even get my order right at McDonalds for heaven sakes........
    Last edited by Holly; 03-24-2018 at 11:25 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Holly;1346249] Can you honestly think these kids have a half of brain between them all to organize once you remove them from a video game screen ????? I'm not sure if you remember, but wasn't these the same kids after the 2016 election needed to cancel classes to play with play-doh in their safe space. These kids can't even get my order right at McDonalds for heaven sakes..... /QUOTE]

Holly, it would be a mistake to think that the rest of humanity has the same limitations on ability to think and reason that you so obviously do.
    If you speak like you write, I'm not surprised your McDonald's order gets garbled sometimes.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN;1346200]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Just for the record: The AR-15 has been around for over 55 years now...

so have i
    ...And look at all of the trouble that YOU cause!

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Bob Denman;1346274]
    Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post

...And look at all of the trouble that YOU cause!
    And all the fun i have causing it

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Amen...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Their slogan in 2020 will be Stormy Daniels for President.

Holly/Randy

If they keep getting your order wrong at McDonald's, quit ordering a Whopper.

I think you (Randy) were more fun when you first came on here, especially when you said you stopped at a gas station with your Spyder, and a Harley rider said: I thought only women rode those, and I laughed while others got their panties in a bunch. Now it seems like the (male) estrogen has out paced the testosterone, and it gets worse each day.
    Last edited by wyliec; 03-24-2018 at 03:12 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Was watching the news last night when a young high school student was interviewed. All she said was "I'm a senior and will be 18 in a couple of months and I will vote!"

The iron is in the fire.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Will the future generation be more anti gun ? Unfortunately that may be true. Will they make attempts at more restrictive gun laws ? Again, unfortunately that may be true. That does not make things better or resolve any of societies future issues. Todays kids have little interest in fishing and hunting. They are more content to sit in front of a screen or find a new way to abuse a substance. Fishing and hunting numbers have been declining. These two hobbies do instill a respect for the outdoors and skills that will help them down the road of life.
    I do see many of them entering politics. It is clear they will already accept outside money, read prepared text and be willing to be used for other purposes. God bless our future.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Saluda View Post
    Will the future generation be more anti gun ? Unfortunately that may be true. Will they make attempts at more restrictive gun laws ? Again, unfortunately that may be true. That does not make things better or resolve any of societies future issues. Todays kids have little interest in fishing and hunting. They are more content to sit in front of a screen or find a new way to abuse a substance. Fishing and hunting numbers have been declining. These two hobbies do instill a respect for the outdoors and skills that will help them down the road of life.
    I do see many of them entering politics. It is clear they will already accept outside money, read prepared text and be willing to be used for other purposes. God bless our future.
    This thing you speak of when you say the future generation has been going on for years, and the country going to hell in a hand basket. Remember in the 1950's when rock'n'roll created juvenile delinquency? I don't think the sky will be falling anytime soon. I don't believe the NRA will vanish anytime soon. Oh, I forgot, I don't like fishing.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But you like Sushi...