Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
    Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Nice try at redirection, Spiderman, but I think Bob is going to have this thread pulled anyway.
    NO, just saying. hey what can i tell you, i like thailand.

Spyder Garage

No Bob, I was and still am a British citizen.
    If you still are a British citizen, then why the hell are you opining about our constitution and laws? Even though you may have served in our military, and thank you for your service, by the way, as a British citizen you have no say in the matter. So leave it alone.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So, guns are needed to defend against your own tyrannical government.
    Seems you're very fearful, and don't trust your democracy...

For a tyrannical govt, you need a dictatorship... or a failed democracy, take your pick.
    The example of millions killed by "benevolent governments" overlooks the fact that only one even pretended to be a democracy.

Do you think your populace will shoot your soldiers, if push comes to shove? You will really shoot your heroes?

Lets face it, the whole scenario is so last century.
    A govt does not need guns to control (dictate) it's people - it just needs to control all debate and decisions thru brainwashing, media control, distractions, scapegoating and divisiveness on many levels ... Oh wait ... Oops

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post

For a tyrannical govt, you need a dictatorship... or a failed democracy, take your pick.
    The example of millions killed by "benevolent governments" overlooks the fact that only one even pretended to be a democracy.

Do you think your populace will shoot your soldiers, if push comes to shove? You will really shoot your heroes?

A govt does not need guns to control (dictate) it's people - it just needs to control all debate and decisions thru brainwashing, media control, distractions, scapegoating and divisiveness on many levels
    ... Oh wait ... Oops

So what your saying is, the government only needs people to watch CNN......

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kep-up View Post
    If you still are a British citizen, then why the hell are you opining about our constitution and laws? Even though you may have served in our military, and thank you for your service, by the way, as a British citizen you have no say in the matter. So leave it alone.
    Kep-up, you need to keep up. I'm an American citizen. I vote. I am authorized to hold any office in the land except POTUS.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 04-04-2018 at 04:40 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Oh, Holly. Just when you were doing so well...
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

cats & dogs, cats & dogs.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    A govt does not need guns to control (dictate) it's people - it just needs to control all debate and decisions thru brainwashing, media control, distractions, scapegoating and divisiveness on many levels ... Oh wait ... Oops
    We trust our Democracy as it was designed by our Founding Fathers...
    With an armed citizenry as the final arbiter; in a series of checks and balances.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    We trust our Democracy as it was designed by our Founding Fathers...With an armed citizenry as the final arbiter; in a series of checks and balances.
    Bob, please answer the question; why do you think that I am not assimilated and my allegiance is to Britain?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Either cnn or msnbc or the other uncouth talk shows that spit out their hate every time they open their mouths. And Thats all I have to say on this subject. I really need to go back to life. And get healed up from A collapsed lung and 2 lung surgery in 3 days. May God help us all.

Spyder Garage

Bob, please answer the question; why do you think that I am not assimilated and my allegiance is to Britain?
    Maybe he's not familiar with the oath you took for enlistment. Maybe you had your fingers crossed, and it didn't count.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Maybe he's not familiar with the oath you took for enlistment. Maybe you had your fingers crossed, and it didn't count.
    That must be it. Thanks.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I figured that I probably should answer this: Lois' post just got in the way...
    In this Country: nobody is any more, or any less of a citizen; than anyone else.
    You often seem to "dismiss" the freedoms that our Forefathers fought and died for. I find this insulting. You took the Oath; yet it somehow seems that you've still been unwilling to accept that we hold ALL of our Freedoms as inalienable, and precious.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I figured that I probably should answer this: Lois' post just got in the way...
    In this Country: nobody is any more, or any less of a citizen; than anyone else.
    You often seem to "dismiss" the freedoms that our Forefathers fought and died for. I find this insulting. You took the Oath; yet it somehow seems that you've still been unwilling to accept that we hold ALL of our Freedoms as inalienable, and precious.
    Now we're getting somewhere. When did I dismiss the freedoms that our Forefathers fought and died for?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I find it weird that these so called military veterans are saying they swore an oath to the constitution, and the next breath they are promoting liberal views to undo it.

Can you people take a position and stand by it. Quit trying to play both sides of the constitution.........

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I hold the Second Amendment as a right: not a privilege that may be taken away...

Spyder Garage

Hi John,

Re: Anyone who has served in America's military and taken the oath is a fully assimilated American. To say otherwise is really, really offensive.

I agree 100+%.

A question for Bob Denman: Have you ever served in the military? If so, for how long?

Jerry Baumchen
    Veteran - 3 yrs, 10 mos, 24 days
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I hold the Second Amendment as a right: not a privilege that may be taken away...
    Okay, so based on the fact that I don't view the 2nd amendment with the same sanctity you do, I have not assimilated in America and my opposition to the NRA's interpretation is offensive?

I honestly didn't expect that of you, Bob. I thought it was something else I had said that caused you to say what you did about my lack of assimilation and trying to impose British standards on American society. Wow!
    Last edited by UtahPete; 04-04-2018 at 06:37 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's My interpretation of it!

Spyder Garage

Bob,

I'm actually on the fence for 2nd Amendment interpretation. If you would, check this out, 3rd paragraph and 1st sentence:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...n_control.html

Spyder Garage

Pete, in post 236 you state that you are still a British citizen. Then in post 255 to refute a comment I made you emphasize that you are a US citizen. Which is it? Are you a citizen of the United States of America or a citizen of the United Kingdom?

And quite frankly, I have no problem with your having a different interpretation of our constitution from some others of us, my only issue is that you seem to not hear anything that anyone else is saying.

A response to my question will be appreciated. But I will not offer any more comments on this subject. Deaf ears don't hear.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kep-up View Post
    Pete, in post 236 you state that you are still a British citizen. Then in post 255 to refute a comment I made you emphasize that you are a US citizen. Which is it? Are you a citizen of the United States of America or a citizen of the United Kingdom?

And quite frankly, I have no problem with your having a different interpretation of our constitution from some others of us, my only issue is that you seem to not hear anything that anyone else is saying.

A response to my question will be appreciated. But I will not offer any more comments on this subject. Deaf ears don't hear.
    Kep-up I have dual citizenship.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Okay, well that doesn't offend me or make me think any less of you for it.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    Hi John,

Re: Anyone who has served in America's military and taken the oath is a fully assimilated American. To say otherwise is really, really offensive.

I agree 100+%.

A question for Bob Denman: Have you ever served in the military? If so, for how long?

Jerry Baumchen
    Veteran - 3 yrs, 10 mos, 24 days
    Well bob,??
    BTW, the 2nd amendment is subject to the interpretation of the Supreme Court. Up until 2008, it did not guarantee the individuals right to own guns. By a 5-4 decision that changed. Just think if that had gone the other way. And the way things are going these days, it just may. Then what are you and your fellow cult members going to do?
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

I find it weird that these so called military veterans are saying they swore an oath to the constitution, and the next breath they are promoting liberal views to undo it.

Can you people take a position and stand by it. Quit trying to play both sides of the constitution.........
    "So called military veterans" ... Well, as a "so called" military veteran, perhaps you'd like to have this "so called" military veteran show you my DD-214? Or my retiree ID card? Or perhaps my collection of medals? I think this is the first time in my life I've ever been INSULTED for my military service.

Well, I'm not going to let some Russian troll ruin my day. Tell your bosses in Moscow that those of us who served in the U.S military did so to defend the Constitution from all threats, foreign and domestic, including the First Amendment that gives us the right to express whatever views we like, even "liberal views," whatever the heck that even means. Tell your bosses that the U.S. Constitution is susceptible to interpretation in many ways and that smart Americans know that it's the job of our Supreme Court and the judicial branch to interpret it. Remind them that the lawful interpretations of the Constitution by the judicial system are the only ones that true American patriots care about. Tell them that we're not listening to trash posted by some troll from Moscow who's obviously just trying sow division and hatred to bring this country down. Oh, and say hi to Vladimir for me.
    2017 RTS , Blue