Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default BRP Connect issues

I traded my 2017 F3-S for a 2018 FS Limited 3 weeks ago and for the most part have been enjoying it but I’m having issues with BRP Connect. Almost half the time when I start it up the radio won’t work nor will my blue tooth connect where I can play Pandora. The message that pops up says something about an audio delay and to basically give it a few minutes but that never works, I usually just shut my Spyder off and try again with that working about half of the time. I also went through the process of buying what’s required to run Genius Maps but when trying to use it along with having the radio on it freezes up. Does me no good to contact dealer because 3 weeks ago when I purchased nobody there new nothing about the new dash/BRP Connect. They had a bunch arrive 3 days prior and mine was built first based on me making a deal prior. Salesman said they haven’t went through any training yet on the new ones so I have to figure on my own. Any help or secrets please pass on, I’m not the best at technology so maybe I’m doing something wrong. Silly as it might sound I made the trade because of the ability to have music and GPS along with more room. Thanks...

Spyder Garage

and on your new ryde.

Unfortunately, it may take some time before everyone gets aboard with the new technology.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The only music I have available from the phone (iPhone X) is the music I have loaded with a radio I have to get started before I plug it into the bike. The only problem I found is I have to mute the Genius Maps so the music will keep playing. If I see the icons (Misic, Maps, Weather) I can hear music and maps directions but when I view the maps and it give me a direction the music stops and I cant start it without shutting the bike off. I have mounted the phone on the dash of the RT so I can fiddle with it when starting and when getting gas as I've found BRP Connect has to be visible when turning the bike on or it won't load. When you turn the bike off with the Maps showing the phone will open and you'll see the maps and you need BRP Connect showing for it to load.

Hoping the software update will fix problems as well as hoping for Rever, FOBO and SiriusXM. You can get a $90 cash card from BRP to cover the cost of the Maps. You should get an email or check other posts for $90 Cash Card.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You have to pay to use the gps?
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GRUNT View Post
    I traded my 2017 F3-S for a 2018 FS Limited 3 weeks ago and for the most part have been enjoying it but I’m having issues with BRP Connect. Almost half the time when I start it up the radio won’t work nor will my blue tooth connect where I can play Pandora. The message that pops up says something about an audio delay and to basically give it a few minutes but that never works, I usually just shut my Spyder off and try again with that working about half of the time. I also went through the process of buying what’s required to run Genius Maps but when trying to use it along with having the radio on it freezes up. Does me no good to contact dealer because 3 weeks ago when I purchased nobody there new nothing about the new dash/BRP Connect. They had a bunch arrive 3 days prior and mine was built first based on me making a deal prior. Salesman said they haven’t went through any training yet on the new ones so I have to figure on my own. Any help or secrets please pass on, I’m not the best at technology so maybe I’m doing something wrong. Silly as it might sound I made the trade because of the ability to have music and GPS along with more room. Thanks...
    I don't have an answer for you as we're still waiting on our 2018 but I would message BRPcare and see if they can help.
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/m...?12914-BRPcare

Spyder Garage

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I don't have an answer for you as we're still waiting on our 2018 but I would message BRPcare and see if they can help.
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/m...?12914-BRPcare
    Unless I'm missing something there is no way to send a message to BRPcare via the link you provided.

Spyder Garage

Ain't new technology grand. Hope someone here can help you.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doc - Riverside View Post
    Unless I'm missing something there is no way to send a message to BRPcare via the link you provided.
    Guess you're right. As admin I see it but it looks like they have it turned off for others. They keep changing the customer support links too. This link might help. https://can-am.brp.com/spyder/shop/c...r-service.html

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Try an email to brp.care@brp.com

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    Try an email to brp.care@brp.com
    This is the link that has worked in the past.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I'll bet BRP Cares will just refer you to your dealer. And your dealer has already admitted that they don't know what they're doing. Let us know how you make out. Good luck.
    Last edited by canamjhb; 03-19-2018 at 09:23 PM.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    I'll bet BRP Cares will just refer you to your dealer. And you dealer has already admitted that they don't know what they're doing. Let us know how you make out. Good luck.

I've been sending messages to BRP Cares about the software and radio and Yes all I get is talk to your dealer. It's gets escalated to show they read the message but then they pass the buck to the dealer.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Default Same Radio Issue

I am having the same issue with my 2018 FS Limited.
    Within an hour of driving her off the showroom floor my radio went out and I was staring at an error message about it trying to load. I took my bike right back to the dealership and they kept it for about 2 weeks and "changed" some parts out but were not able to resolve the issue. I rode my bike for the rest of the season without using the radio, I have a Bluetooth helmet, frustrated the entire time.
    My bike has been at the dealership now for about 3 months, over winter and when I spoke to them last week they still have not fixed the radio issue.
    I love my brand new bike and I expect to be able to use all the features so right now I'm a bit bitter with BRP and their support to the dealership and me as a customer.

Spyder Garage

I bought a 2018 RT limited in Dec. I am retired with time to try and figure out some of the issues and then something new crops up. I have decided to buy a Lamonster Ram mount with USB and power use my phone and Bluetooth it to my helmet and be done with the whole mess. Needless to say I am disappointed .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jdmartin View Post
    I bought a 2018 RT limited in Dec. I am retired with time to try and figure out some of the issues and then something new crops up. I have decided to buy a Lamonster Ram mount with USB and power use my phone and Bluetooth it to my helmet and be done with the whole mess. Needless to say I am disappointed .
    You might try getting the 2019 owners manual and reading the instructions that are missing from the 2018 manual. One you figure it out it's great.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    You might try getting the 2019 owners manual and reading the instructions that are missing from the 2018 manual. One you figure it out it's great.
    Here's that Owners Manual link: http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/I...f-d4ec7b56c8dd

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IgoFar2 View Post
    This link doesn't work as you still have to select Roadster then 2019 then RTL etc. Thats why I just post the basic link.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Flamewinger, you still can get to infoe by selecting the sequences you state, Works for me.
    Lamonster Bright Ryder,
    Lamonster Bright Tail Lighter,
    Lamonster H4 LED Headlights,
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights,
    Lamonster Fog Light Ring Combo,
    Rox Riser
    Lamonster Driver Back Rest,
    Lamonster Frame Mount Drink Holder.
    Lamonster 15" Freedom Shield Wind Shield
    ******* USA flag
    Freecom 2 head sets
    Mirror Wedgies by Squared Away
    Motorcycle Dave's Tachform phone cradle
    Spyderpops Turnsignal LEDs
    Spyder Sisters Shade
    Spyderpops LidLocs
    Spyderpops front fender LEDs by Show Chrome
    Motorcycle Dave's Gel seat insert
    2018 F3L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Did you get all the up dates ? I think there have been about five .

Spyder Garage

are you trying to use pandora on the spyder? has it worked?

from what I have seen only apple music works with BRP connect or radio.

I have the same machine and I can get mine to work all the time with apple music. (downloaded music as well for offline) hope that helps.

as for genius maps I also use that and both apple music and maps work and I listen through my Sena.

not sure if this is what you were asking about

any questions let me know

Stiff
    2011 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all your input and help I will try them all. I'm to stubborn to give up.

Spyder Garage

I'm going to take a hard line on this issue, so I apologize in advance if my "rant" seems a bit harsh, but I think this needs to be said. First, just to be clear, I absolutely love my Sypder, but BRP Connect is terrible and is such a let down for those of us who actually made Can-am purchase/upgrade decisions based on the promise of what this "improved technology" had to offer. I'm a techie, so the prospect of BRP Connect (upgraded dash, apps, etc) was a really big deal for me, so much so that I traded in my 2016 RT-Limited SE6 for a 2018 F3 Limited primarily for the BRP Connect upgrade--I wanted this new dash. I have personally experienced most if not all of the BRP Connect problems highlighted on this thread and I'm extremely tech savvy. As loyal and committed customers (hell, I even see Lamonster commenting on this thread) I don't think we should let BRP off the hook by simply chalking up the problems GRUNT, ryan, jdmartin and others (including myself) are experiencing as a misunderstanding of the software that can be resolved by some customer care rep at BRP Cares or your local dealer. I understand the software and it's horrible, plain and simple. Customer service can't fix this, but BRP can. What's more, the fact that most if not all of the navigation apps you are forced to use through BRP Connect continue to milk you by charging fees for map upgrades, downloads, etc., when the best "FREE" map/navigation software in existence today (Apple maps, Google maps, WAZE, and others) is literally sitting on EVERY SYPDER OWNER's cell phone locked in their frunks or dash compartment unable to be effectively accessed by this "improved technology" is perhaps the biggest slap in the face. If BRP truly cares about its customers, it needs to fix this by incorporating something akin to Apple CarPlay and the Samsung equivalent into its firmware upgrade for BRP Connect and end our pain and frustration with these off-brand, dysfunctional, cash-leeching apps. I've personally told Can Am this during a recent telephone survey/feedback session...I hope they're listening. Just my 02. cents...thanks for allowing me to provide it. I'll get off my soapbox now.

Spyder Garage

Lemon Law it!
    2018 F3 Limited , Stock Doc Humphrys Intense Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by _..stiffler.. View Post
    are you trying to use pandora on the spyder? has it worked?

from what I have seen only apple music works with BRP connect or radio.

I have the same machine and I can get mine to work all the time with apple music. (downloaded music as well for offline) hope that helps.

as for genius maps I also use that and both apple music and maps work and I listen through my Sena.

not sure if this is what you were asking about

any questions let me know

Stiff
    I just use Bluetooth for spotify, which is a JOKE BRP Connect should just use Apple Car Play and Android Auto
    2018 F3 Limited , Stock Doc Humphrys Intense Red

Spyder Garage

I agree with the Apple Car Play. This system could be so awesome.
    2018 White F3 Limited