Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

The dog could have overheated in the bin.We have pugs,and they cannot take any kind of heat.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Back in the day when you paid by the carload to go to the drive-in movies or amusement parks we stuffed 5 to 6 people in the trunk of a car (when cars were 15' long). They all had air. IMO similar..........
    Sure... for the 10 minutes to get past the gate. This was a three and a half-hour flight.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

bottom line.
    Placing a dog in an overhead compartment is directly contradictory to United Airlines' policy on pets in the cabin.
    The flight attendant should not have required that.
    The dog's owner should have refused to comply.

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Spyder Garage

Default Stupidity all around...

I'm a dog owner myself (whippets) and I just cannot fathom how this grave error in judgement could have happened, both on the part of the stewardess and the owner. I can only imagine the distress this dog must have experienced from the moment the overhead bin door was shut. I simply cannot understand why at any point during the 3+ hour flight NO ONE thought to check on the dog's condition. If I had been sitting nearby, I know I would have.
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ofdave View Post
    bottom line.
    Placing a dog in an overhead compartment is directly contradictory to United Airlines' policy on pets in the cabin.
    The flight attendant should not have required that.
    The dog's owner should have refused to comply.
    The report I read said the passenger adamantly refused, which was heard by witnesses. In the end the flight attended won out. Is that true? I don't know. United will be changing their policy for pets in April. Each pet owner will now be given a bright colored tag to be displayed on the carrier. I guess we can arm chair this all we want. United is staying in touch with the family of the pet.

On a brighter note, a German Shepherd on Tuesday that had to fly on a different United flight than its owners was accidentally flown to Japan instead of Kansas, and will be united with its owners.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But think of the Frequent Flier Miles, that the Shepherd earned...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    The report I read said the passenger adamantly refused, which was heard by witnesses. In the end the flight attended won out. Is that true? I don't know. United will be changing their policy for pets in April. Each pet owner will now be given a bright colored tag to be displayed on the carrier. I guess we can arm chair this all we want. United is staying in touch with the family of the pet.

On a brighter note, a German Shepherd on Tuesday that had to fly on a different United flight than its owners was accidentally flown to Japan instead of Kansas, and will be united with its owners.

That's interesting..... The linked report said this.
    A passenger on the flight told ABC News that the flight attendant didn't know there was a dog in the bag when she insisted on moving it to the overhead compartment. Upon hearing that there was a dog in the bag after the flight landed the flight attendant "seemed frazzled and shocked," the passenger said. "She said that she did not know there was a dog in the bag, and if so she never would have instructed it to be put in the bin above."
    Who do we believe ?????

On a brighter note.......How did this German Shepherd survive ?????

If the oxygen runs out on a plane during a 3 hour flight in the US, how can a plane make it all the way to Japan ???? Do they stop and open the doors to refuel the oxygen ?????

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

With a Stoic Teutonic resolve!

Spyder Garage

That's interesting..... The linked report said this.
    A passenger on the flight told ABC News that the flight attendant didn't know there was a dog in the bag when she insisted on moving it to the overhead compartment. Upon hearing that there was a dog in the bag after the flight landed the flight attendant "seemed frazzled and shocked," the passenger said. "She said that she did not know there was a dog in the bag, and if so she never would have instructed it to be put in the bin above."
    Who do we believe ?????

If the oxygen runs out on a plane during a 3 hour flight in the US, how can a plane make it all the way to Japan ???? Do they stop and open the doors to refuel the oxygen ?????
    Check out the last bullet statement here:

https://www.flysas.com/en/travel-inf...in-cargo-hold/

Check out 4th paragraph here:

http://people.com/pets/united-airlin...ing-dog-death/

Have a good day Holly/Randy, or is it Randy/Holly? I don't do this for just anybody.
    Last edited by wyliec; 03-15-2018 at 08:43 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Several of us have been wondering exactly who is on the other end of the keyboard...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Several of us have been wondering exactly who is on the other end of the keyboard...

I know how you guys feel. I've been wondering who Charlie Browns teacher and Mr. Willard (from Home Improvement) is for years.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Holly; 03-15-2018 at 09:26 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

maybe it depends on how they identify themselves on a given day

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have 2 mini Schnauzers .. love them both.. NO ONE WOULD MAKE ME PUT THEM IN AN OVERHEAD BIN... I would have disembarked the plane ...

just read this on MSN: looks like a criminal probe is launched against United... I sincerely hope they get taken to the cleaners over this.. but.. it surely won't help that poor little puppy that died a horrible death..

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cr...dYC?ocid=edgsp

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Let's put a face to this event...

BBKf8Rg.jpg

Kokito... Your family will meet you at the Rainbow bridge. R.I.P.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

I know how you guys feel. I've been wondering who Charlie Browns teacher and Mr. Willard (from Home Improvement) is for years.
    FYI......Charlie Brown's teacher is Miss Othmar.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OJ UK View Post
    FYI......Charlie Brown's teacher is Miss Othmar.

img129.jpg

Spyder Garage

Silly boys.......................

Charlie Brown's Teacher is Mrs. Donovan
    Linus's Teacher is Miss Othmar.
    But we would never really know, because in California there are now 72 genders .........

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I wonder no more. He/she/it is IGNORED.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Not so fast...

http://peanuts.wikia.com/wiki/Miss_Othmar

Charlie Brown was also taught by Miss Othmar... at least some of the time!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Several things come to mind regarding the French Bulldog who died in an overhead bin:

The flight attendant deserves to be fired. She knew clearly that a live animal was in the crate (multiple passengers have said they heard the owner telling her this) and still she argued. She is either incompetent or just fooking dumb and does not deserve to be a "safety" person on an airline.

The owner should have asked to see the captain as soon as the flight attendant began arguing. The captain knows his aircraft and would instantly have known that it is not a good place for any living animal. (My ex-wife used to fly for Eastern in the old days and the JFK to Puerto Rico flight was notorious for passengers putting their tiny babies in the overhead.)

If the captain didn't give her a solution she should have deplaned and notified airport security and the local admin for United.

BUT I CANNOT BELIEVE a plane filled with Americans would allow this to happen. WHAT THE HELL HAS HAPPENED TO PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY??!?!?!?!?!?! Multiple passengers have said they witnessed the verbal exchange and heard the dog barking during the flight. AND NOBODY TOOK ONE MINUTE TO POP OPEN THE BIN AND CHECK ON THE DOG? I am so fookin pissed at those people I really don't want to be associated with any of them - ever. And calling them "Americans" is a crock!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Silly boys.......................

Charlie Brown's Teacher is Mrs. Donovan
    Linus's Teacher is Miss Othmar.
    But we would never really know, because in California there are now 72 genders .........

You're correct! Almost. Miss Othmar was Charlie Brown's teacher in the Peanuts Movie but, yes, in the comic strip Miss Othmar
    is Linus van Pelt's teacher. During the 60s, in the strip Charlie Brown used to sit behind Linus in class, so I think it's reasonable to assume that
    he was occasionally taught by Miss Othmar.

http://peanuts.wikia.com/wiki/Miss_Othmar This is my reference. I collect the books and I have around 40 of them.
    Last edited by OJ UK; 03-15-2018 at 12:52 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yup!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RinconRyder View Post
    Several things come to mind regarding the French Bulldog who died in an overhead bin:

The flight attendant deserves to be fired. She knew clearly that a live animal was in the crate (multiple passengers have said they heard the owner telling her this) and still she argued. She is either incompetent or just fooking dumb and does not deserve to be a "safety" person on an airline.

The owner should have asked to see the captain as soon as the flight attendant began arguing. The captain knows his aircraft and would instantly have known that it is not a good place for any living animal. (My ex-wife used to fly for Eastern in the old days and the JFK to Puerto Rico flight was notorious for passengers putting their tiny babies in the overhead.)

If the captain didn't give her a solution she should have deplaned and notified airport security and the local admin for United.

BUT I CANNOT BELIEVE a plane filled with Americans would allow this to happen. WHAT THE HELL HAS HAPPENED TO PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY??!?!?!?!?!?! Multiple passengers have said they witnessed the verbal exchange and heard the dog barking during the flight. AND NOBODY TOOK ONE MINUTE TO POP OPEN THE BIN AND CHECK ON THE DOG? I am so fookin pissed at those people I really don't want to be associated with any of them - ever. And calling them "Americans" is a crock!

Spot on, well said

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Throw another "" on the pile from me...