Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default 2012 tree starting issue

Hi everyone ,
    i have a 2012 rts se5 I have been riding it for about a year now but now I’m having an issue with it starting . When I go to start it I go through all the procedures that you need to in order to fire it up , so I know it’s not the mode button of I’m forgetting the kill switch or not stepping on brake and I know it doesn’t need to be in neutral . So here’s the deal , when I hit the start button sometimes it fires up right away sometimes it can take forever before I even here the clicking coming from the starter relay . It has progressively got worse . Even when it fires ,I have to push start button and slowly release it to catch it in just the right spot . It seems to get worse when it’s cold outside or has sat for a while . I have taken relay out and changed it but nothing changed . I have disected the start button and cleaned it , nothing changed I have checked all connections and installed new battery . I have tried my other keys and nothing changed . I have taken it to the dealership but they just want throw parts at it and I’m not going to pay them ridiculous amounts of money to make guesses. I have no warranty with the bike I bought it used. Only issue I’ve had with it is this . It will always fire up eventually and never left me stranded but this sucks. Please help if you have had the same problem.
    Last edited by Hoochdog; 03-12-2018 at 02:44 PM.