Spyder Garage

Cool New rider in East Tennessee

Hello! I just got my 2012 RT-SE5 delivered. So excited! I've ridden for years, as a passenger in the 80s and 90s and then got my M endorsement in the early 2000s. I've had a few bikes from a few brands and have always loved motorcycles and this is a totally new ride for me! Unfortunately, DH has zero interest in riding, so this is a hobby I do on my own. Not sure if any of the other ladies out there have the same situation, but anyways I am hopeful to meet some other folks on Spyders. I love to talk bikes. Wishing you all safe and fun rides for 2018!

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Welcome to this bunch

You will not have any trouble finding a riding chum / buddy
    there are a bunch of lady riders out there that ride Spyders
    that are women.... stay tuned they will respond I am sure
    Ride Safe
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kidd View Post
    Hello! I just got my 2012 RT-SE5 delivered. So excited! I've ridden for years, as a passenger in the 80s and 90s and then got my M endorsement in the early 2000s. I've had a few bikes from a few brands and have always loved motorcycles and this is a totally new ride for me! Unfortunately, DH has zero interest in riding, so this is a hobby I do on my own. Not sure if any of the other ladies out there have the same situation, but anyways I am hopeful to meet some other folks on Spyders. I love to talk bikes. Wishing you all safe and fun rides for 2018!

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome to the forum

and congratulations on your new-to-you Spyder. You will absolutely love the ride. Give yourself some miles on the road to get comfortable. There is a period of time to learn how the Spyder handles. Be sure to check out the info here: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners where you will find lots of great help. Too, also ask questions of the knowledgeable riders here on the forum. Each is friendly and helpful. Welcome!

Ryde, eat, sleep.... repeat

2019 Spyder RT Limited Pearl White/Dark
    LaMonster drink holder with X-Grip
    LaMonster Belt Dampener
    Lamonster USB cable with extension

Variously called Stormtrooper, Pearl, and Goober by wife and various (friends?)

Spyder Garage

and on your new ryde.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default To the Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kidd View Post
    .... After mastering the Spyder riding technique you will find you are spending less and less time riding the H.D.. Even if I could safely return to two wheels I wouldn't .... if you haven't found the Thread about the Spyder learning curve " Do's and Dont's " .... it's listed at the top of forum page ..... I am looking to re-locate to East Tenn. , probably Marysville or Sevierville area etc. ..... There are quite a few riders located in Knoxville area and another in Lancaster " kyspydergal " .................good luck, Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 03-11-2018 at 10:08 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Me Too New

I'm also new to Spyder world. Picked up a 2012 RT LTD yesterday and rode it home in the rain with a trailer nearly 300 miles. I'm looking for some warm dry weather to really get the feel of it.

I'm in Hiawassee, GA. Send me a PM if we are close enough to plan a ride or two. When the weather gets better.

Mary

Spyder Garage

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaMary View Post
    I'm also new to Spyder world. Picked up a 2012 RT LTD yesterday and rode it home in the rain with a trailer nearly 300 miles. I'm looking for some warm dry weather to really get the feel of it.

I'm in Hiawassee, GA. Send me a PM if we are close enough to plan a ride or two. When the weather gets better.

Mary
    Congrats! I will let you know! Safe travels

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the warm welcome! The "Do and Don't" sticky was EXCELLENT. I ordered my SpyderPops guard before the bike even arrived. Lots of great advice on here!

Spyder Garage

and Congrats!

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Welcome,there is some nice riding down there.I have a brother who lives in Maryville.I got to get my spyder down there one of these years to ride those roads in the smokies.

Spyder Garage

Welcome. There are a bunch of us that live in Knoxville and surrounding areas. We ride most every weekend (when I'm not out of town working). You are more than welcome to ride with us.
    2017 F3- Limited

F4 23" Windshield, Ultimate Backrest, Spyder Cuff, SpyderPops Bump Guard, Sena SMH10 Intercom, BajaRon Sway Bar, Baker Cup Holder, RT-622 trailer w/Spyder Pops Bump Guard

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    and Congrats!

Deanna
    Thank you! I will put update my profile pic!

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the family. May you have many happy miles on the new ride. Happy Trails. Rick and Kay in nashville.