Spyder Garage

Default F3-T or F3 Limited

Hoping someone can help me out. Looking to buy a 2017 F3 and noticed on Cycle Trader.com that there are a number of what they are calling new 2017 F3 Limiteds that are red and black two tone. There are others that are solid color red. Are the two tone ones an F3T with the optional rear tour pack installed? If so are there any other options would you loose going that route over a true Limited? The 2 tone tend to be consistently a little less expensive. (I actually like the 2tone a little better).

Thanks.
    2017 F3 Limited , Gloss Black with red and carbon fiber accents

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Red/Black two-tone bikes were actually BRP's response to the red paint on the fuel tank discoloring.
    They simply change it to black!
    The Red bikes might just be the ones that haven't had the panels replaced.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The built in Saddle bags will be a F3T

Spyder Garage

Why would you spend more for something that's...limited?

Imagine buying an Infinity that's...limited
    2019 Rally , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dude: that's............. DEEP!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I believe that if it is an F3T with the tour pack it will have foot pegs and not running boards. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I believe that if it is an F3T with the tour pack it will have foot pegs and not running boards. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    I own a '17 F3L that is red. As mentioned in a previous post due to possible paint fade on the fuel tank, the fuel tank and lid on the top box are black for that reason. I like the two color combination myself.
    My new ride is a 2017 F3-L: BRP drivers backrest, F4 21" tinted shield w/vent, Lamonster fog lights, TRCLED cyclops light, red/black carbon fiber tank protector and dash kit from Wrap-My-Spyder, FOBO tire pressure monitors and more farkles to come.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by funon3 View Post
    I own a '17 F3L that is red. As mentioned in a previous post due to possible paint fade on the fuel tank, the fuel tank and lid on the top box are black for that reason. I like the two color combination myself.
    I like it better too, mine was 2 months late because of the paint issue. Now i have another issue the plastic at the mouth of the fill cracked 2 inches, BRP replaced it now it happened again wondering if they have an issue with that or are they tightening the fill nuts too tight anybody know anything

Spyder Garage

Default I have a 2-tone Red/Black 2017 F3L

When I ordered an Intense Red Pearl 2017 F3L, and went to pick it up in early June last year, I was surprised to find that it was actually a 2-tone red/black. My expectations of an all-red F3L Spyder were, after all, based on BRP's poster photos of an all-red bike. The gas tank and top case lid were black rather than red. I hesitated briefly while I looked at my new bike, then at the nearby poster, then back and forth a few more times. Was I going to reject the bike or do the deal? I decided that I actually liked the looks of the red/black Spyder in front of me more than the all-red one in the poster. I rode away happy and have never had a second thought. In fact, after swapping out the stock BRP seat for my Ultimate replacement, I'm even more happy to have gone with the 2-tone. It's a sharp looking machine. It runs great. And, it's a real F3L, not some hybrid; not something cobbled together. Bob Denman has accurately provided the explanation I was later given as to how these 2-tone F3L's came to be. Mine has all the proper and expected F3L fittings - top case with integrated rear seat back, floor boards, automatically adjusting rear shock, etc. My advice: if you are being offered a 2-tone red/black F3L at a reduced price because some seller thinks it isn't as nice or as authentic as a monotone Spyder, grab it quick before the seller realizes he's the odd-ball. I get lots of great compliments everywhere I go on how pretty and pleasing my Spyder is to onlookers. Nice to feel good about your ryde; something that happens to many Spyder owners. These things do attract a crowd.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

BushRat,
    that is a great looking seat, hopefully it is comfy as well
    2015 F3-S Pearl White SM6 with a 7 Jurock custom windshield, Smooth-Spyder backrest, Shad saddle bags, RT sway bar, Elka stage 2 shocks in front and stage 2 with hyd. adjuster in the rear. Lamonster's LED fog lights, TricLed headlights, TricLed Safety LED package.
    2015 F3S , Black & White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Retired 2012 View Post
    BushRat,
    that is a great looking seat, hopefully it is comfy as well
    I'm very pleased with the Ultimate seat to date. I was lucky to go 45 minutes (an hour tops) on the stock BRP seat before my ageing hips would ache. An Airhawk pad helped extend (almost doubled) that before I needed a break. After the change to Ultimate, I can go 2 or 3 hours before stopping, if necessary, and then continue even farther. I'm not as stiff/sore afterwards either. Not able to do the endless days on a bike anymore the way I have, in past, (and still do) in a car - 17/18 hours and 800 to 900 miles. No stranger to long-distance driving; just don't have the iron butt for biking these days, but the Ultimate helps. Haven't had the pleasure of testing a Russell 'DayLong', but would enjoy the opportunity someday. Right now, the Ultimate is the prettiest I have seen, so no regrets. Cheers.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

Thanks all, my mystery is solved.

Gary
    2017 F3 Limited , Gloss Black with red and carbon fiber accents

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Another dead giveaway for the limited is that the spoiler will be color coordinated. On the F3T, it will be a grey or silver color. I have a F3T and thought I wanted the color coordinated one until I saw it in person. I now like the grey/silver better. But to me the best choice would be to have the chrome pieces there like was on some of the 2015 F3s. It all comes down to personal choice.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white