Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

And yet another thread just waiting to be closed. Sad.
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Netminder View Post
    And yet another thread just waiting to be closed. Sad.
    And we wonder why Washington is so dysfunctional? It's just a reflection of our self-centered and selfish society.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 03-10-2018 at 03:13 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    It was about whatever thoughts the article brought to mind. For me, it was the incredible difference in attitudes between our two countries. It is the difference between a caring society and one that is not. As individuals, we may be generous toward others less fortunate, but as a society we are not.
    Quote Originally Posted by kep-up View Post
    Really?? That comment is so not well thought out (stupid?) that I won't comment on it any further. "Snowflakes don't know when to quit", sooo accurate. Getting a grip on real life seems to also be rather difficult.
    It seems to me you have not grasped the fundamental difference between the two sides of our society. On the one side are those who unequivocally and unapologetically espouse the credo that, "It's every man for himself!" On the other side is the belief and attitude that, "We are all in this together!" The challenge that today's American society refuses to rationally discuss is where is the most effective balance point between the two. The opinions shared on this forum from both sides clearly demonstrate that.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

And we wonder why Washington is so dysfunctional? It's just a reflection of our self-centered and selfish society.
    Completely agree and then some. Doesn't just stop with the medical field or a dysfunctional Washington either.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by r1100rider View Post
    if they just wouldn’t sell us all out once they get elected
    You do have a point but we can always replace them. That's why there is a ballot box. It does take an informed public though. Something we seem to be lacking at the moment.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Pete,
    I get bugged, when folks think that it's okay to take what I've worked for my entire adult life; and "redistribute" it to folks who have never worked a day in theirs...
    My Missus and I do donate to the causes that we feel are worthy:
    1.Wounded Warriors

I guess that's about it...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Let's talk about redistribution of wealth.........

I am a strong believer in "a hand up, not a hand out" and I help through my church and several charities as I am able. A good start to helping out is called a "tithe". 10% of one's income. It would be an interesting study of how many politically conservative versus politically liberals actually give at least a tithe to those who need it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Let's talk about redistribution of wealth....I am a strong believer in "a hand up, not a hand out" and I help through my church and several charities as I am able. A good start to helping out is called a "tithe". 10% of one's income. It would be an interesting study of how many politically conservative versus politically liberals actually give at least a tithe to those who need it.
    Let's NOT. Start your own thread if that's what you want to discuss.

But, if you insist on going down this path, you will regret it. I have no use for religious hypocrites, particularly the pious ones. Incidentally, Jesus had no use for them either. Are you ready for this?
    Last edited by UtahPete; 03-10-2018 at 06:34 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

He's not discussing Religion: he's discussing a method by which folks can donate to the truly needy in their community.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    He's not discussing Religion: he's discussing a method by which folks can donate to the truly needy in their community.
    Bob, tithing is a religious concept. Some churches do good work in the local community, and others don't. The act of tithing in itself means little in the way of sharing one's blessings with those in need, so much as obeying the church's dictums. Look at the mega-churches, with their millionaire pastors and lavish lifestyles...

I just think that bringing religion into this discussion tends to obfuscate the issue of personal responsibility toward others, which is what this thread was originally about.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 03-10-2018 at 07:19 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default Shouldn't be too controversial....an intelligent discussion

I'm not looking for anything other than an intelligent discussion.
    How's that working out for you
    Marilyn 2023 RTL Red
    John 2023 RTL Black

previous:
    2015 RTS SE6 Red
    2015 F3S SE6 Silver
    2011 RT SM5 Silver
    2013 STS SM5 Silver

"common sense will prevail....but we see no sign of that"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nhoj View Post
    How's that working out for you
    About as well as can be expected
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Bob, tithing is a religious concept. Some churches do good work in the local community, and others don't. The act of tithing in itself means little in the way of sharing one's blessings with those in need, so much as obeying the church's dictums. Look at the mega-churches, with their millionaire pastors and lavish lifestyles...

I just think that bringing religion into this discussion tends to obfuscate the issue of personal responsibility toward others, which is what this thread was originally about.

I give back almost everyday so I believe I have fulfilled my personal responsibility towards others that make bad choices.

Everyone's 401k has exploded and the Dow is at all time highs because of MY smart vote. Your welcome.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    I give back almost everyday so I believe I have fulfilled my personal responsibility towards others that make bad choices. Everyone's 401k has exploded and the Dow is at all time highs because of MY smart vote. Your welcome.
    I'm glad you understand that is a complete joke.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

BTW, UP, how's that Spyder cover working for you? Or should I start a new thread??

Spyder Garage

[/LEFT]
    I'm glad you understand that is a complete joke.

Please explain, I've asked that on other post and got your smug bs.
    so again, please explain why you think Holly's post is a joke.

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BTW, UP, how's that Spyder cover working for you? Or should I start a new thread??
    It's working fine thanks.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Methinks you took my comment and interpreted it into your own special way of thinking.

I know tithing is basically a Jewish concept, but it is a good way for an individual to discipline himself to help those in need. Jewish or not, religious or not, doesn't matter to the subject at hand. Give to a church or whatever charity or hand out to individuals does not relieve one of doing the research to learn where the money is going.

Spyder Garage

The time, it is a-changin'. I'm goin to bed.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Methinks you took my comment and interpreted it into your own special way of thinking. I know tithing is basically a Jewish concept, but it is a good way for an individual to discipline himself to help those in need. Jewish or not, religious or not, doesn't matter to the subject at hand. Give to a church or whatever charity or hand out to individuals does not relieve one of doing the research to learn where the money is going.
    If I did, I apologize. I think I agree with what you're saying here, but I'm not sure how it is relevant to the thread discussion topic.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vided View Post
    Please explain, I've asked that on other post and got your smug bs. so again, please explain why you think Holly's post is a joke.
    She used the joke emoji on her post.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Ok

committee for postings

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Everyone's 401k has exploded and the Dow is at all time highs because of MY smart vote.

Ask the coal miners in West Virginia how they appreciate your "smart vote". You know, the ones that didn't participate in T-rump's "Great Recovery".

Ask the Middle Class who have seen their wages stagnant and harmed greatly by T-rump's taxes.

Get ready to ask the steel and aluminum workers and all sorts of other workers (est. 156,000 of them per the Dept of Labor) who are about to be laid off due to rising domestic prices because of the T-rump tariffs.

Yeah.....You're the "smart" vote!

Your welcome.

Oh, and BTW, learn English grammar.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RinconRyder View Post

Ask the coal miners in West Virginia how they appreciate your "smart vote". You know, the ones that didn't participate in T-rump's "Great Recovery".

Ask the Middle Class who have seen their wages stagnant and harmed greatly by T-rump's taxes.

Get ready to ask the steel and aluminum workers and all sorts of other workers (est. 156,000 of them per the Dept of Labor) who are about to be laid off due to rising domestic prices because of the T-rump tariffs.

Yeah.....You're the "smart" vote!

the last president was the one who vowed the shut down the coal industry,the tariffs are applied to import steel not domestic
    2 happy happy spyders

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RinconRyder View Post

Ask the Middle Class who have seen their wages stagnant

Why are you always bashing THE Skinny Community DIVIDER. He was voted out.
    oh, and BTW, stuff your grammar lessons

committee for postings