Spyder Garage

Default Ultimate Seat and more build pics

Thank you Des and Dave from Ultimate Seats. The seat is amazing and just what I needed to tie the theme together. Beautiful job, I love it 😎🇨🇦🇺🇸

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Thank you Des and Dave from Ultimate Seats. The seat is amazing and just what I needed to tie the theme together. Beautiful job, I love it 😎🇨🇦🇺🇸

Looks great Lamont! Glad to have been part of the build.
    Best,
    Dave
    www.ultimateseats.com
    877-672-0288
    348 Destination Daytona Lane
    Ormond Beach, FL 32174

Spyder Garage

WOW.....!
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Default picture of the seat on the bike?

I only see a side view with the backrest installed. A pic of the seat installed would be nice.
    Does the passenger loose any space with the one piece design?
    Can we get an idea on price?
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

Looks good,like the flags on the seat and the color.

Spyder Garage

Nice looking!
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

I have been thinking about painting my fenders. I also was trying to figure out if I wanted to paint the plastic piece that that reflector goes in. You just sealed the deal! Although I do not plan on painting them red, the color that I am planning on painting them would look good like you did yours. Looking forward to seeing this at Spyders on the Bayou. Looks great!!
    Retired U.S navy Seabee! "CAN DO"
    2015 Spyder F3-s

Spyder Garage

I got my Tall boy Ultimate seat today, installed it and just got back from a ride. When I first got on it I felt that extra inch of Height. It will take some getting used to. Totally different ride now. It was supposed to be an inch further back but I could not tell. The back of the drivers seat measured the same from the back of the gas cap. The seat was much shorter and you can see the warning tag at the back now with a large gap there under the passenger back pad. On the ride It felt better and I felt comfortable but riding high.
    Last edited by AY4B; 03-10-2018 at 04:27 AM.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Would like to see photos

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    I got my Tall boy Ultimate seat today, installed it and just got back from a ride. When I first got on it I felt that extra inch of Higth. It will take some getting used to. Totally different ride now. It was supposed to be an inch further back but I could not tell. The back of the drivers seat measured the same from the back of the gas cap. The seat was much shorter and you can see the warning tag at the back now with a large gap there under the passenger back pad. On the ride It felt better and I felt comfortable but riding high.
    ... of the gap you are referring to. I am 6’4” so a taller seat that does push me back would be great. I always ride solo

Spyder Garage

Here is the seat. I installed the backrest that Lamonster sells.
    0E1F0E4F-0F3C-4144-9CEF-4632958C5A9B.jpg
    Here is the gap at the back. All I need to do is remove that sticker. Sticker was removed easily, no heat needed.
    E03C8946-D9C9-465E-915A-4ABDC0027D08.jpg
    Last edited by AY4B; 03-09-2018 at 09:08 PM.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Seat photo

Here is the seat. I installed the backrest that Lamonster sells.
    0E1F0E4F-0F3C-4144-9CEF-4632958C5A9B.jpg
    here is the gap at the back. All I need to do is remove that sticker.
    E03C8946-D9C9-465E-915A-4ABDC0027D08.jpg
    Thank you. So it would appear the passenger area must there be smaller? Interesting you think it is taller as the ultimate site says approximately same height as stock. Does the seat come with the slot for the driver backrest. I have the show chrome back rest now and wonder if it would work with this seat as well. Likely not

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gcclubs View Post
    Thank you. So it would appear the passenger area must there be smaller? Interesting you think it is taller as the ultimate site says approximately same height as stock. Does the seat come with the slot for the driver backrest. I have the show chrome back rest now and wonder if it would work with this seat as well. Likely not
    The Rider backrest that Lamonster sells is made by Ultimate. That is the only reason I could use it on this seat. There is a small part that I had to exchange. The Vinyl is a little off but not much. They sell a matching cover for 40.00. The passenger backrest can also be recovered but I would have to send it to them. I also ride solo so Im not concerned with robing an inch for me. If I did have a passenger, I would just pull off the rider backrest to give them more room. Spyderpops sells a kit to extend the passenger area a little more.
    As far as the seat height, I measured each one from the floor with a 4' level on top. The Ultimate was an inch taller. BUT the ultimate is brand new and has not been broken in yet. You can say it should go down at least a half an inch after break in. Also the Can AM OEM seat has about 1200 miles on it and is not of the quality of the ultimate. I assume that seat has been broken in and the height is less than when it was new.
    I got the sticker off easily. It just peals off with no heat. take a paper towel with a little goo gone and it takes the residue off.

Edit to say, I cant say you cant use the Show chrome backrest, you would have to call them and ask Dave.
    Last edited by AY4B; 03-09-2018 at 09:11 PM.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

The reason for the gap at the back is you need it to install the seat. Now that I removed the sticker it does not stand out at all.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Default Backrest

The reason for the gap at the back is you need it to install the seat. Now that I removed the sticker it does not stand out at all.
    thanks for the explanation. Would you be able to post a photo of the part of the backrest that fits into the seat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gcclubs View Post
    thanks for the explanation. Would you be able to post a photo of the part of the backrest that fits into the seat
    Ill pull the backrest out later today and snap a pic for you. The backrest setup Lamonster had made up for the stock seat included a large metal base I had to bolt on the frame. I had to remove all that and re-install the screws the spyder came with. The new seat has all that built in to the seat. What I had to do was replace the lower piece of metal. Dave called it the lower post or the part that you insert into the seat. They charge 45.00 for it but will refund that when I send them the one I took off. I think I will use part of that 45 to just get the new cover for the backrest. The vinyl on the stock setup has a dull look to it. The new seat has more leather grain and is a bit shinier. Hope that helps.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Edit to say, I cant say you cant use the Show chrome backrest, you would have to call them and ask Dave.
    Hi guys,
    No the show chrome backrest will not work with our seat.

Best,

Dave
    www.ultimateseats.com
    877-672-0288
    348 Destination Daytona Lane
    Ormond Beach, FL 32174

Spyder Garage

I love the look of your seat.