Spyder Garage

Default Best Guesstimate???

I have a friend that has been riding a Harley the last few years and has decided to get a three wheeler. He has test driven both a spyder and a Harley Trike and I think I have him talked into the Spyder. He found one at our local dealer in St. George on consignment and asked me for my opinion on the price. I have no idea what it is worth as I have no intention of selling mine so I haven't looked into what my is worth. Mine is a 2014 RTL but the one he is looking at is a 2015 RTL with 10,000 miles on it. Anybody have any suggestions on what it is worth. The consignment price is at $19,500. Is this good or bad? The dealer told my friend that the current owner has three of them but wants to get a newer model for himself so he might be eager to sell.

Thanks for any help you can give. He does a lot of cross country riding so I know he would be happier on the Spyder, no comparison in my opinion.
    Current Modes of Transportation:
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT LTD / Pearl White
    2014 Can Cam Commander 1000 Side X Side / Yellow and Black
    2007 Kawasaki Nomad Cruiser 1600 / Black with lots of Chrome
    2006 Ford F-150 Bronze and Chrome
    2014 ASICS Gel-Nimbus Running Shoes / Blue and White

Spyder Garage

Anywhere fro 15.25K to 20K
    19.5 is not bad; 18 would be better

AJ

Quote Originally Posted by Utah Geezer View Post
    I have a friend that has been riding a Harley the last few years and has decided to get a three wheeler. He has test driven both a spyder and a Harley Trike and I think I have him talked into the Spyder. He found one at our local dealer in St. George on consignment and asked me for my opinion on the price. I have no idea what it is worth as I have no intention of selling mine so I haven't looked into what my is worth. Mine is a 2014 RTL but the one he is looking at is a 2015 RTL with 10,000 miles on it. Anybody have any suggestions on what it is worth. The consignment price is at $19,500. Is this good or bad? The dealer told my friend that the current owner has three of them but wants to get a newer model for himself so he might be eager to sell.

Thanks for any help you can give. He does a lot of cross country riding so I know he would be happier on the Spyder, no comparison in my opinion.

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You can check www.nada.com, it does list values for spyders (based on zip code). For my area it listed low retail @ 15,225 and avg retail @ 20,035. Dale

Spyder Garage

Default Coast to coast...

Quote Originally Posted by d.o.spyder-rts View Post
    You can check www.nada.com, it does list values for spyders (based on zip code). For my area it listed low retail @ 15,225 and avg retail @ 20,035. Dale

Runs the same out here as well.... must be warm weather pricing... 19,500 is decent price.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Is it at MotoZoo? I don't know of anyone here in SW Utah with 3 Spyders.

I'd say the asking price is about $2k too high. But a lot depends on the way the bike is equipped and maintained and how much warranty remains.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I would say just slightly high. I bought used 2015 RTL in March 2017 for $19,795. ONLY 224 miles, only added feature was cup holder. not in wreck or damaged in any way. was told owner had "too much money" and bought spyder and 300 hp jet ski at same time. was bought and sold at same dealership so they know him.
    depending how many extra's are on it, my guess is needs to be $1,000 less
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

RideNow Rancho in Las Vegas is only a couple of hours away from you and currently has a brand new 2015 RS-S for $13,999 or a 2017 F3-S for $17,999. Those are not RTs, however. If you look on Cycle Trader, there are a number of 2017 RTs "brand new" for under $20K, which is only $500 more than the asking price for the 2015 with 10,000 miles and no warranty.
    Last edited by johnsimion; 03-01-2018 at 02:53 AM.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

quote : feature was cup holder. not in wreck or damaged in any way : man I am glad the cup holder was up to the test sorry brother rider , it was just kind of hanging there waiting for a good chuckle !

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The price is in the Ballpark; just a bit toward the more expensive part of the park!
    Tell him to start the negotiations!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I paid just over $20k for my 16 RTL new. $19500 is high. Chris

2021 RT Limited
    2021 Spyder RT Liminted , Marsala Red in Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I got 20K, when I traded in my 2014 last June. They sold it for 21K in just a Month...
    It depends on the bike, the Dealership, and the market.
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 03-01-2018 at 09:39 AM.

Spyder Garage

NADA says $13-17,000. $15,000 would be halfway in between and in my opinion would be a fair price.

Consignment charges rears it's ugly head. Probably 10-15%. Better to buy from a private owner i.e.

no commission and no sales tax. At $19,000 it will sit for a long time.

I have a 2014 RTL and if I could sell it for $19,000 there would be nothing but a black hole where it

used to sit!

Jack
    Last edited by jaherbst; 03-01-2018 at 09:28 AM.
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

At 10,000 miles, I'd check the back tire and see how new it is, or at least get a new back tire installed as part of that deal(Unless it's already not an original Kenda). It IS getting warmer and if the bike is cosmetically clean, mechanically sound, and your friend really is "called" by the spyder, then it's worth it. He can find less expensive ones, but maybe not as conveniently either.
    When I got my gently used '13, it had about 8,000 miles, I had no idea my back tire would be BALD in a matter of months at 11,000 miles. Having to change it within the first year of ownership was a bit of a downer.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Just like buying anything. offer a much lower amount and see if they accept/counteroffer?? then go from there. somewhere just say - I'll split the difference and see what happens. good luck.
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

Two thousand less, plus a new rear tire. That's max.

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder price

Last year, 2017, I bought a used 2015 RT S with 6 thousand miles for 20K. Don't know if that was a great price, but it fit my budget, so I bought it. (Private too)
    2015 RT S , None Tried one, but took it off. Didn't like it Black and Silver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As long as the bike was worth the purchase price to you: who cares what the Peanut Gallery thinks?
    By the way:

Spyder Garage

Default Update on model

I went to the dealership and looked at the Syder he was looking at. Turns out it was a RT-S. Does that change the pricing much. What does the limited have that the S doesn't besides GPS?

Thanks for all the comments and additional information you can share with me.

Dennis
    Current Modes of Transportation:
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT LTD / Pearl White
    2014 Can Cam Commander 1000 Side X Side / Yellow and Black
    2007 Kawasaki Nomad Cruiser 1600 / Black with lots of Chrome
    2006 Ford F-150 Bronze and Chrome
    2014 ASICS Gel-Nimbus Running Shoes / Blue and White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Bright Chrome bodywork trim, and the front travel bag...

Spyder Garage

I went to the dealership and looked at the Syder he was looking at. Turns out it was a RT-S. Does that change the pricing much. What does the limited have that the S doesn't besides GPS?

Thanks for all the comments and additional information you can share with me.

Dennis
    $2K worth of chrome. And someone forget that accessories like that do not add value.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 03-01-2018 at 04:45 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

NO NO NO 15k to 16k at most

Spyder Garage

As you can see, prices are all over the place, depending on the part of the country. From where I sit--the $19K asking price is sky high. $15K is more realistic for a 2015--but that is just me. Most dealers have about $5K to play with. Since this is a consignment--the dealer is only going to get a % of the sale price and the consignor will get the rest. Dealer has nothing to lose by asking high--final price will be up to the consignor.

The good side--right now sellers can ask for top dollar. The season is about to begin. Be diligent and get your best deal.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Always check the NADA before selling or buying.

2014 RTS SE6 Low $12,280 High $16160 Average $14,000

2014 RTS SM6 Low $11,585 High$15,245 Average $13,000

These are based on previous sales. Banks will normally loan 80% of the low value. I buy a lot of toys and vehicles every year and used I would never pay more than average price. This is a good reality check when one is dreaming or trying to rationalize. Seriously!

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Utah Geezer, almost sounds like they were trying to do a "Bait" (RTL) and "Switch" (RT-S), definitely don't pay RTL price for an RTS,
    Jack's NADA high prices don't come anywhere near their original ask.
    Shoot IMotorsports would ship a better priced deal for waaaaay less than the B&S disparity.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020