Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Mutt and Jeff are just to predictable and BORING.
    I'm going to poughkeepsie to do some picking

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    That's not a very Christian attitude, is it?

Neither was this
    IMG_2822.JPG

committee for postings

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    That's not a very Christian attitude, is it?
    That's funny: I don't ever recall saying that I followed all of the Christian tenets...
    The Masonic Lodges have a saying: "To the length of my Cable-tow".
    It essentially means that they will do what they can to help...

...But that there are limits.

As a Nation: we can no longer afford to give everything to everybody.
    I'm saying that if they're willing to give us something in return: I can work with them on finding a solution.
    After all: the most useful streets run in both directions.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by r1100rider View Post
    Ok I’ll go slowly.

the Hollywood stars have walls around there houses

The White House has walls

the congressman Personal houses have walls

Iseral has a wall

they all are effective at keeping them separated from those they don’t want inside there personal space That clear enough?
    Well, I won't respond to the sentence structure or spelling. I'll just say, "common sense." The border between the U.S. and Mexico is almost 2000 miles long. The walls you describe are MUCH, MUCH smaller and easily defended and BTW they aren't foolproof, either. People scale those walls and dig under them with regularity. There are walls right now in the San Diego area and the drug cartel has dug tunnels hundreds of yards long under them already. Common sense says that a solid wall such as Trump advocates would be ridiculously expensive and it's pathetic to see Mexico laughing at us when he says they're going to pay for it. SAD! Having said that, I have no objection to putting in a VIRTUAL wall; i.e., one which consists of, e.g. laser tripwires, increased drone surveillance, increased border patrols, etc. For that matter, we could have the military patrol the border rather than maintaining bases and getting in wars overseas. I definitely think we need better border security, but Trump's answer only appeals to those who live and die by emotion rather than reason.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RinconRyder View Post
    I have not missed your point but it is totally off base. We, as a society, have some basic human principles and one of them is helping people to need help. Now you can claim, accurately, that system has been greatly abused and I agree however that does not stop the desire, as a society, for us to give aid and comfort to the needy among us. If you don't buy into that premise then you do not belong in the USA. Go elsewhere.

Our welfare programs have been tightened up considerably since the Great Society days of freebie handouts (which almost everyone objected to). There is more work to do which does not create a dependent society of loafers who will not work.

I am not a proponent of illegal immigration but I do think this nation owes citizenship to those Dreamers who were brought here as youngsters and have known nothing of their "home" countries. "We" allowed this to happen (and Reagan is a perfect example) and it is not their fault they are here. There are a ton of Dreamers who are fully integrated into our society, educated (including college) and are ready to take their place in our workforce. It makes no sense whatsoever to not take advantage of their education and talents. THAT is how this nation became the greatest in the world (for a short while at least and was aided in great part by two world wars).
    so i take it you don't let homeless stay at your house that we all own, WHY NOT? Why do you feel society is
    responsible but you personally won't take any responsibilty since if you did you would have them staying with you?
    you are right it is not the dreamers fault they are here it is their parents who knowingly broke the law so let the
    dreamers stay and throw their parents out would then be the right thing to do.
    Now is there a reason you didn't actually answer my questions, are you scared that you will be arrested or that
    god will kill you, if not then i really don't know why? You do seem intelligent and rational enough to answer my
    questions if you weren't afraid for your life.
    So again:
    If you feel deeply about helping the homeless then i guess you personally house them instead of asking or telling others to do so. if you want to take in immigrants that will only drain our taxes then you should take them in.
    How would you feel if i walk into your house, open your refrigerator and made my lunch... everyday? I don't know of
    anyone on this forum that will say YOU shouldn't but this isn't a democracy when you tell ME and others that we have to.
    So again tell me and all of those on this forum how many immigrants do you sponsor or personally take in? If you
    are too afraid to answer then i guess the answer is NONE, ZIP , ZERO.
    Oh and by the way what made this country great was the self sacrifice of those who came here to work.

Spyder Garage

I have a idea to eliminate the border jumpers coming here illegally and save the cost of building a wall.

Plan name........ Border Buddies.

Plan outline......Millions of Americans currently hunt in the US already, it is a multi million dollar industry (if not billions). Through a permit system (sort of like a deer permit you purchase and wear) and background check our government will allow a regulated amount of citizens to patrol the border at the direction of approved border agents to hunt anyone crossing the border illegally. The border will essentially be outlined by humans and no physical wall would be needed. The government will allow the use of non-lethal rubber bullets to be fired upon anyone that try's to cross into the US illegally. These border jumpers will instantly turn around and quickly let their other criminal friends know that trying to cross into the US illegally is a Bad idea. The welts on their body will be proof of that. Think of it as one big paintball game, but more fun.

Plan positives........

1. Through the permit system a new stream of revenue will be insure that there is no cost of this program to Americans.
    2. You will have no problem finding Americans that would gladly use their time from work for this yearly vacation.
    3. Border states will see a huge increase in their economy ( Airports, rental cars, hotels, bed and breakfast, dinners, tourism, ect)
    4. The strain on our country's social programs will see a significant drop.
    5. It could be something that family's do together and pass down tradition from one generation to the next.
    6. If somehow they got by us, we could quickly alert Border Patrol to their location for quick apprehension.

Plan negatives....
    1. Can't really think of any besides less votes for a certain group.

Remember, I said non lethal bullets. Like the ones police use to fire upon citizens that riot and block the streets. They will not be harmed with this plan.
    I know it's in the early stages of development and I'm sure there would be things added that I haven't thought of but, what do you think of Border Buddies before I send it to Donald for approval ?
    Last edited by Holly; 03-05-2018 at 03:31 PM.

Spyder Garage

Hi Bob,

Re: There are a ton of Dreamers who are fully integrated into our society, educated (including college) and are ready to take their place in our workforce.

Re: But what will they give us in return?

Do your reading skills need some improvement?

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    I have a idea to eliminate the border jumpers coming here illegally and save the cost of building a wall.

Plan outline......Millions of Americans currently hunt in the US already, it is a multi million dollar industry (if not billions). Through a permit system (sort of like a deer permit you purchase and wear) and background check our government will allow a regulated amount of citizens to patrol the border at the direction of approved border agents to hunt anyone crossing the border illegally. The border will essentially be outlined by humans and no physical wall would be needed. The government will allow the use of non-lethal rubber bullets to be fired upon anyone that try's to cross into the US illegally. These border jumpers will instantly turn around and quickly let their other criminal friends know that trying to cross into the US illegally is a Bad idea. The welts on their body will be proof of that. Think of it as one big paintball game, but more fun.

Plan positives........

1. Through the permit system a new stream of revenue will be insure that there is no cost to this program to Americans.
    2. You will have no problem finding Americans that would gladly use their time from work for this yearly vacation.
    3. Border states will see a huge increase in their economy ( Airports, rental cars, hotels, bed and breakfast, dinners, tourism, ect)
    5. It could be something that family's do together and pass down tradition from one generation to the next.
    6. If somehow they got by us, we could quickly alert Border Patrol to their location for quick apprehension.

Plan negatives....

Remember, I said non lethal bullets. Like the ones police use to fire upon citizens that riot and block the streets. They will not be seriously harmed with this plan.
    I know it's in the early stages of development and I'm sure there would be things added that I haven't thought of but, what do you think of Border Buddies before I send it to Donald for approval ?

Hell Yeah.jpg

committee for postings

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vided View Post
    Mutt and Jeff are just to predictable and BORING.
    I'm going to poughkeepsie to do some picking
    I can't make up my mind if I like Kingston or Poughkeepsie better.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Except.....you are totally wrong. People here illegally are arrested and deported, sometime jailed if they have criminal activity. O-b-a-m-a deported many more illegals than did Baby Bush or T-rump has to date.
    You do realize that ***** changed the way they counted deportation numbers he included the people who were stopped at the boarder
    2 happy happy spyders

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    I can't make up my mind if I like Kingston or Poughkeepsie better.

Popeye knows

committee for postings

Spyder Garage

Plan positives........

1. Through the permit system a new stream of revenue will be insure that there is no cost of this program to Americans.

Plan negatives....

Remember, I said non lethal bullets. Like the ones police use to fire upon citizens that riot and block the streets. They will not be harmed with this plan.
    love it. only those who break our laws would be afraid of the punishment.
    how many here have or plan to have a bomb shelter with all those nukes pointed at us? if the answer is zero then
    it means most are not afraid of what won't happen.

Spyder Garage

Plan positives........

Plan negatives....

That actually does sound like it would work great for a very short time -- but don't you think the border jumpers will figure out what's going on and just ignore the rubber bullets and keep running INTO the U.S.? Or, don't you think they might start arming themselves with real bullets and shooting the Americans who are using rubber bullets? This may indeed result in less votes for a certain group, but not the group you're thinking of. Of course, the Americans on patrol will have to start using real bullets to defend themselves and then we can have a real bloodbath. No, thanks.

I have no sympathy for illegals at all, but I think more Border Patrol, drones and laser tripwires would work better with fewer lives lost on either side of the border. Better yet, how about fixing things here so the illegals don't want to come here? More enforcement of the I-9 program against the employers who hire these illegals and a National ID card that must be used to qualify for any kind of government benefit.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnsimion View Post
    That actually does sound like it would work great for a very short time -- but don't you think the border jumpers will figure out what's going on and just ignore the rubber bullets and keep running INTO the U.S.? Or, don't you think they might start arming themselves with real bullets and shooting the Americans who are using rubber bullets? This may indeed result in less votes for a certain group, but not the group you're thinking of. Of course, the Americans on patrol will have to start using real bullets to defend themselves and then we can have a real bloodbath. No, thanks.

I have no sympathy for illegals at all, but I think more Border Patrol, drones and laser tripwires would work better with fewer lives lost on either side of the border. Better yet, how about fixing things here so the illegals don't want to come here? More enforcement of the I-9 program against the employers who hire these illegals and a National ID card that must be used to qualify for any kind of government benefit.
    Don't make it the responsibility of the employer to do the governments job, punish the hooker not the johns.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    so i take it you don't let homeless stay at your house that we all own, WHY NOT? Why do you feel society is
    responsible but you personally won't take any responsibilty since if you did you would have them staying with you? You are an idiot and now on ignore for your feeble attempt at drawing me into an idiot's argument.

you are right it is not the dreamers fault they are here it is their parents who knowingly broke the law so let the
    dreamers stay and throw their parents out would then be the right thing to do. Yup. Nothing like breaking up families to promote poverty and crime.

Now is there a reason you didn't actually answer my questions, are you scared that you will be arrested or that
    god will kill you, if not then i really don't know why? You do seem intelligent and rational enough to answer my
    questions if you weren't afraid for your life. Afraid of what? Never mind. You will be on ignore by then.

So again:
    If you feel deeply about helping the homeless then i guess you personally house them instead of asking or telling others to do so. if you want to take in immigrants that will only drain our taxes then you should take them in. I have five adult children, three of whom are adopted, two from a foreign country (orphans). What has your sorry ass done to benefit others?

How would you feel if i walk into your house, open your refrigerator and made my lunch... everyday? Safe to say I would grab you by the butt cheeks and march you to the door.

I don't know of anyone on this forum that will say YOU shouldn't but this isn't a democracy when you tell ME and others that we have to. Nonsensical.

So again tell me and all of those on this forum how many immigrants do you sponsor or personally take in? If you
    are too afraid to answer then i guess the answer is NONE, ZIP , ZERO. The answer is two, Two, TWO. You should learn to read.

Oh and by the way what made this country great was the self sacrifice of those who came here to work. What made this country great was the work ethic of those looking for a better life and a set of laws and customs that provided for the general well being of every citizen. Your statement of "self sacrifice" was a huge joke considering in our early days we had such things as debtor prisons and orphanages. If a substantial number of people like you founded this country we would have wound up like a typical banana republic and our main business today would be money laundering for Wall Street and the mob.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by r1100rider View Post
    You do realize that ***** changed the way they counted deportation numbers he included the people who were stopped at the boarder
    You realize that 'boarder' and 'border' mean two different things?

Spyder Garage

You realize that 'boarder' and 'border' mean two different things?

Oh goodie anotta speling lesson, thanks mork

committee for postings

Spyder Garage

OK, i'm tired from working all day and i am tired of this thread, so who wants to support me now? i need health
    care & i need a place to stay & i need a new and i should probably have insurance too.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Holly may be onto something here...
    But instead of non-lethal rounds: How about .50 BARs placed at 500 yard intervals...

...With REAL bullets!

My Grampa Denman used to have to shoot the woodchucks that dug holes in his hayfields. He'd set up early in the Spring, and dump a couple of them each year. He'd hang the carcasses on the fences, and it did a pretty good job of discouraging future trespassing woodchucks.
    How many illegals do you thing we'd need to hang on the fences?

Seriously: give them first-rate night vision capabilities, a spotter, and a 3rd person tasked as a "advance position look-out". That one would come out of the emplacement during periods of poor visibility, and let the gunner know who's coming to the Party.

Who thinks that I'm serious, and who thinks that I'm just joking?
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 03-05-2018 at 06:29 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vided View Post
    Oh goodie anotta speling lesson, thanks mork
    It's not spelling. It is ignorance.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    Don't make it the responsibility of the employer to do the governments job, punish the hooker not the johns.
    All I can say to that is, "Wow, no wonder we have a problem with illegal immigrants." We have Americans who hire these people and you want to let them keep doing it??? My own house was built by illegals working for a major U.S. builder -- that information came direct from our American-born warranty rep himself. The illegals are coming here to work and companies like my own builder are hiring them because illegals work cheap. The people who hire illegals are profiting by breaking the law. To correct your example, the employers here are not the johns, they're the pimps who profit from the hookers.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnsimion View Post
    To correct your example, the employers here are not the johns, they're the pimps who profit from the hookers.
    And we're the ones getting screwed!
    I had a contractor show up here, to put on a new roof. His employees looked... awfully new to the U.S.
    I asked him what the story was, and he told me that they were Guatemalans, and not legal.
    I told him to leave: take his materials with him, and to NOT return.

I paid a bunch more for the next guy; but you have to take a stand...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I had a contractor show up here, to put on a new roof. His employees looked... awfully new to the U.S.
    I asked him what the story was, and he told me that they were Guatemalans, and not legal.

How did you select that contractor?

Spyder Garage

Freddy, I told you he'd answer to mork
    Last edited by vided; 03-05-2018 at 10:03 PM.

committee for postings

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

Good for you. I wish I'd known before we bought our house, but then what are you supposed to do? We were buying from a big-name national contractor. Also, there are many Spanish-speaking guys around here who ARE both legal and really good workers, two of which clean my yard every month and are just the friendliest, nice, LEGAL Mexicans you could meet. I just think one ought to be able to rely on an American contractor not to hire the illegals, which was my original point about enforcing the law through those who hire the illegals (recognizing, of course, that many of them are using other people's SSNs and the employer always says he had no idea). You were lucky this guy was at least honest about where his employees came from. I wonder how often THAT happens ... Wyliec asked you a good question, which was how DID you pick the next guy?
    2017 RTS , Blue