Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Trump wants to eliminate the 'chain immigration' loophole (the one his wife used to bring her parents here). If there were no 'chain immigration' when my parents wanted to bring my sister and I to America, we would still be in England no doubt. We were 'sponsored' by my father's sister.

The only 'wall' I respect is the Vietnam Veterans Memorial on the Washington Mall. Border walls are an offense to humanity AND an admission that Homeland Security is a pathetic waste of taxpayers' money.
    You must talking about those walls every Hollywood star politician,the White House ,and Israel has right those ones that don't work
    2 happy happy spyders

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by r1100rider View Post
    You must talking about those walls every Hollywood star politician,the White House ,and Israel has right those ones that don't work
    What is the highest level of education you ever accomplished? Seriously, everything you post is gibberish.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    What is the highest level of education you ever accomplished? Seriously, everything you post is gibberish.
    Ok I’ll go slowly.

the Hollywood stars have walls around there houses

The White House has walls

the congressman Personal houses have walls

Iseral has a wall

they all are effective at keeping them separated from those they don’t want inside there personal space That clear enough?
    2 happy happy spyders

Spyder Garage

Hi r1100rider,

Re: That clear enough?

Did you sleep through your English Comp. classes in school?

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi Jerry,
    With all of the absurd posturing on ALL sides of this thread: was his choice of sentence structure the only thing that you could come up with?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Hi Jerry, With all of the absurd posturing on ALL sides of this thread: was his choice of sentence structure the only thing that you could come up with?
    I think anything more would have been wasted on the audience anyway, Bob.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Hi Jerry,
    With all of the absurd posturing on ALL sides of this thread: was his choice of sentence structure the only thing that you could come up with?
    Bob,

I know you won't believe this, but on the way home just now (from work) I thought of r1100rider's post, and that someone would say something about sentence structure, and you would defend. I can't believe I was even thinking about this place. I think I need to work out 7 days a week, instead of 5. I think it may be time to do what cuznjohn did. I think my head is ready to explode.
    Last edited by wyliec; 03-04-2018 at 04:33 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Bob, I know you won't believe this, but on the way home just now (from work) I thought of r1100rider's post, and that someone would say something about sentence structure, and you would defend. I can't believe I was even thinking about this place. I think I need to work out 7 days a week, instead of 5. I think it may be time to do what cuznjohn did. I think my head is ready to explode.
    I don't think he was defending.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Ok I’ll go slowly.

the Hollywood stars have walls around there houses - So Do I (and I don't live anywhere near Hollywood).

The White House has walls - So Do I (and I don't live anywhere near Hollywood).

the congressman Personal houses have walls - You do not know that.

Iseral has a wall - More like fences in most areas.

they all are effective at keeping them separated from those they don’t want inside there personal space That clear enough?
    Is that why an intruder easily scaled the White House fence a few weeks ago and made it almost to the building itself? And his isn't the only intrusion.

Is that why several Hollywood people recently have had to hire armed guards and several others have been assaulted and killed over the past decades?

You blame the Israeli's from trying to prevent terrorists from killing them?

Are those clear enough?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RinconRyder View Post
    Is that why an intruder easily scaled the White House fence a few weeks ago and made it almost to the building itself? And his isn't the only intrusion.

Is that why several Hollywood people recently have had to hire armed guards and several others have been assaulted and killed over the past decades?

You blame the Israeli's from trying to prevent terrorists from killing them?

Are those clear enough?
    why do
    you need to live behind a wall?

and yes I do know many in Congress live behind walls Pelosi,Ryan, many others many like Waters won’t even live in the district they so proudly represent

Why does it matter if you live in Hollywood ?
    2 happy happy spyders

Spyder Garage

The problem with Dreamers is they don't fit the legal profile.

As for automatic citizenship being born on American soil - that has proved to be a major cause of family disruption recently. Congress should resolve that defect immediately by tying the child(ren) to the citizenship of the mother.

I am 65. When I was in my twenty's I was hearing about all the border towns of U.S. and Mexico going broke because of the pregnant women coming across the border and having there children here. The system has been broke for a long time. If they would have changed the automatic citizenship law back in the '70's we would not have some of the problems we have now. You do not hear any mention ever of this, and it is time that it is changed also.

Chris
    One of the FIRST to own a Spyder 2008 No.2817 Premier Edition Spyder GS. I knew a good thing when I saw it!!

2016 F3-T, LED Headlights, Frnt. & Bck. Side Marker Lights, Back Frnt. Fender Lights, Trailer Hitch. Floor Boards Frnt. and Bck. Third Brake light. Cannonball seats. F4 24" windshileld. ( CAT Delete Pipe (muffler bck. on) ) 2003 Valkyrie

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

What do you consider "other peoples money"? I pay for our entire society through my taxes and have my entire working life. That is the price of getting to live in this society. If you are one of those "I've got mine and piss on you" you don't belong here. That is not what made this country as great as it used to be (and hopefully will become again).
    You are missing my point, working as a society is one thing just giving it away is another. if you feel deeply about
    helping the homeless then i guess you personally house them instead of asking or telling others to do so. if you
    want to take in immigrants that will only drain our taxes then you should take them in.
    How would you feel if i walk into your house, open your refrigerator and made my lunch... everyday? I don't know of
    anyone on this forum that will say YOU shouldn't but this isn't a democracy when you tell ME and others that we have to.
    So again tell me and all of those on this forum how many immigrants do you sponsor or personally take in? If you
    are too afraid to answer then i guess the answer is NONE, ZIP , ZERO.
    Oh and by the way what made this country great was the self sacrifice of those who came here to work.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

why do
    you need to live behind a wall? I don't. Already told you that. There is a city-required wall around my back yard because it contains a swimming pool but no walls otherwise.

and yes I do know many in Congress live behind walls Pelosi,Ryan, many others many like Waters won’t even live in the district they so proudly represent People live behind walls for protection from stalkers, burglars and the general public who don't want to leave them alone. Not only politicians but entertainment folks and just plain folks like walls for the security they get. It means nothing more than that. In the old days the President would sometimes answer the White House door if citizens came calling. Not a good idea today. Wouldn't you agree? Way too many wackos out there.

Why does it matter if you live in Hollywood ? Read your own post. I was answering your question.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by No 2817 View Post
    I am 65. When I was in my twenty's I was hearing about all the border towns of U.S. and Mexico going broke because of the pregnant women coming across the border and having there children here. The system has been broke for a long time. If they would have changed the automatic citizenship law back in the '70's we would not have some of the problems we have now. You do not hear any mention ever of this, and it is time that it is changed also.

Chris
    Fully agree BUT it isn't only Mexicans and other Central America people coming to deliver their babies on U.S. soil. There is a very large business operating out of Los Angeles that provides transportation and medical costs for Chinese women to have their babies here as well. This should have been addressed decades ago by Congress but we all know they are interested only in enriching themselves at the expense of the nation.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vided View Post
    Except.....you are totally wrong. People here illegally are arrested and deported, sometime jailed if they have criminal activity. O-b-a-m-a deported many more illegals than did Baby Bush or T-rump has to date.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I recently heard a suggestion that we sell California to Mexico: at least that would help pay for the changes in the wall's design...

The Border Wall.jpg

Spyder Garage

Except.....you are totally wrong. People here illegally are arrested and deported, sometime jailed if they have criminal activity. O-b-a-m-a deported many more illegals than did Baby Bush or T-rump has to date.
    Not if they live in a sanctuary city/state.

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

bull****
    2014 RTL Platinum

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    You are missing my point, working as a society is one thing just giving it away is another. if you feel deeply about
    helping the homeless then i guess you personally house them instead of asking or telling others to do so. if you
    want to take in immigrants that will only drain our taxes then you should take them in.
    How would you feel if i walk into your house, open your refrigerator and made my lunch... everyday? I don't know of
    anyone on this forum that will say YOU shouldn't but this isn't a democracy when you tell ME and others that we have to.
    So again tell me and all of those on this forum how many immigrants do you sponsor or personally take in? If you
    are too afraid to answer then i guess the answer is NONE, ZIP , ZERO.
    Oh and by the way what made this country great was the self sacrifice of those who came here to work.
    I have not missed your point but it is totally off base. We, as a society, have some basic human principles and one of them is helping people to need help. Now you can claim, accurately, that system has been greatly abused and I agree however that does not stop the desire, as a society, for us to give aid and comfort to the needy among us. If you don't buy into that premise then you do not belong in the USA. Go elsewhere.

Our welfare programs have been tightened up considerably since the Great Society days of freebie handouts (which almost everyone objected to). There is more work to do which does not create a dependent society of loafers who will not work.

I am not a proponent of illegal immigration but I do think this nation owes citizenship to those Dreamers who were brought here as youngsters and have known nothing of their "home" countries. "We" allowed this to happen (and Reagan is a perfect example) and it is not their fault they are here. There are a ton of Dreamers who are fully integrated into our society, educated (including college) and are ready to take their place in our workforce. It makes no sense whatsoever to not take advantage of their education and talents. THAT is how this nation became the greatest in the world (for a short while at least and was aided in great part by two world wars).

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

ICE operates in every city and state in the country. They perform sweeps even in sanctuary cities. If they catch illegals they are put in the evaluation/deportation system. The cities have no authority over the federal laws or operations.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am not a proponent of illegal immigration but I do think this nation owes citizenship to those Dreamers who were brought here as youngsters and have known nothing of their "home" countries. "We" allowed this to happen (and Reagan is a perfect example) and it is not their fault they are here. There are a ton of Dreamers who are fully integrated into our society, educated (including college) and are ready to take their place in our workforce. It makes no sense whatsoever to not take advantage of their education and talents. THAT is how this nation became the greatest in the world (for a short while at least and was aided in great part by two world wars).
    I don't think that we OWE them anything...
    But if we were to offer them a chance at amnesty, and w way to obtain a legal resident status: I wouldn't be dead-set against it.
    But what will they give us in return?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't think that we OWE them anything...
    But if we were to offer them a chance at amnesty, and w way to obtain a legal resident status: I wouldn't be dead-set against it.
    But what will they give us in return?
    That's not a very Christian attitude, is it?
    2014 RTL Platinum