Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

and today if the citizens are armed are you saying we should go to war with our government? should we storm
    the white house or governors office, then what?

Spyder Garage

Hi Pete,

Re: a pretty hollow argument

The one that is absolutely stupid to me is, "I have my guns to protect me from the gov't."

Anyone that thinks they have sufficient armament to stop the gov't is nutz. Has anyone seen what a SWAT vehicle looks like? You got something like that?

Boys & their toys,

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    it's true, so why doesn't everyone cut the crap on banning this & that. that is how stupid it sounds to me.
    banning cars, knives and everything else.
    common sense is what's needed to save lives. maybe there should be laws mandating people to use it.

Don't forget to include Hammers also. Raise the minimum purchase age to 21 and let Home Depot know these weapon's are dangerous.

hammer-control-time.jpg

Spyder Garage

Angry NRA

I spent 26 years of my life in the service. I have never believed that anybody needs a rifle larger than a Garland M1. If you can’t get your Deer with an M1, stop hunting. I believe it is BS that people need an AR15, or an AK47. That said, companies that drop the NRA are blamiming them for these school killings, when it is societies fault for closing Nut Houses. The idiot in Parkland was know by family and friends to be a Soace Cadet, and nobody did a thing. Also, this guy need to be executed plain and simple!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Garand was a mighty fine battle weapon...

....But a REALLY lousy hunting rifle!
    They weighed too much, and if you got your gloved thumb caught in it; when the action slammed shut...

Besides: a lot of States limit the magazine capacity to five rounds in hunting semi-autos. That eight round clip wouldn't be too cool...
    Did you ever try loading anything less than a full clip into one?
    I have... very tedious, and easy to bugger-up!

But my National Match Garand would punch one inch groups at 100 yards: with open sights!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Machinegunner View Post
    Universal background checks won't work, because in order to work all the guns have to be registered. Only law abiding people will register theirs. The bad guys won't. If the government decides they have to ban the guns, all they have to do is look at the registration and pick them up. There is no record of the guns owned by the bad guys. So how do you take them if you don't know where they are?
    Universal background WILL work but they are not the total solution. It is going to take multiple new laws to help quell the problem. One thing registration of all "law abiding" guns will resolve are those lost through theft or burglary or illegitimate sale. Eventually the bad guys who don't have the means to buy street weapons will dry up.

Answering your last question - you confiscate their guns when you catch them. Same as today.

No one solution is perfect but they all will help.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

With well over 22,000 laws on the books already: how about if they just actually enforce those?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    With well over 22,000 laws on the books already: how about if they just actually enforce those?
    Who is 'they'?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    MORE guns is not the answer to anything.......no matter who's hands they are initially IN.
    Most of the gun "crimes" are committed with a firearm that is stolen from it's first, legal owner.

And I saw a message from one teacher something to the affect:
    What happens when there is an "incident".....and I get the students in my class hunkered down in their room......and then take out my piece and load it........and proceed out into the hallway........and meet the swat team or other LEOs coming into the building........and there I stand with a gun in my hand. ???????
    They are trained to identify and only engage active shooters. As long as you listen to their instructions and don't become a threat yourself . These people are professional we don't go in and start shooting like the wild wild west...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Davewho View Post
    They are trained to identify and only engage active shooters. As long as you listen to their instructions and don't become a threat yourself . These people are professional we don't go in and start shooting like the wild wild west...
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Spyder Man View Post
    IF YOU FAVOR OUR GOVERNMENT DISARMING ITS CITIZENS... READ THIS : THIS IS FACT.. NOT FICTION ... THINK IT COULD NOT HAPPEN HERE... SO DID THESE CITIZENS OF OTHER COUNTRIES ..

Here’s a history of what happens after governments have disarmed their citizens:
    Uh, you forgot to include the United Kingdom in your list. Gun control started in earnest in 1903, and several iterations later with the latest in 2006 making all sorts of gun ownership illegal outside of hunting clubs. The last I've seen and heard their government is still parliamentarian form elected by the people.

Gun related fatalities? Since 2010 to 2016, 7 years, 304. That's what, about the same as in 3 1/2 days here in the US? That puts us at about 20 times higher on a per million population basis. These numbers all include suicides. In the UK the percentage of gun fatalities which are suicides is much less than the US. From what I can distill from the numbers about 70% of gun fatalities in the US are suicides. In the UK it looks like it may be about 5%.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firear...United_Kingdom
    http://www.citizensreportuk.org/repo...olence-uk.html
    http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/past-tolls

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Who is 'they'?
    How about the Police, the Prosecuting Attorneys, and Courts?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They are PEOPLE, just like you and me.
    They sometimes make mistakes.

And yes, that includes firing at targets that aren't fully identified sometimes.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I noticed that Dick's Sporting Goods has stopped selling 'assault-type' weapons and large capacity magazines. And, I believe they have voluntarily raised the age limit for purchasing weapons to 21. Seems like a reasonable approach to the school shooter issue by a large company.
    I'm confused here a Dicks has the right to refuse a legal sale to a 20 yr old

A bakery can't refuse a cake

sue the baker fine him several $100,000

constitutional cake rights
    2 happy happy spyders

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    MORE guns is not the answer to anything.......no matter who's hands they are initially IN.
    Most of the gun "crimes" are committed with a firearm that is stolen from it's first, legal owner.

And I saw a message from one teacher something to the affect:
    What happens when there is an "incident".....and I get the students in my class hunkered down in their room......and then take out my piece and load it........and proceed out into the hallway........and meet the swat team or other LEOs coming into the building........and there I stand with a gun in my hand. ???????
    That's an easy one you put your hands up hand the gun to the cops and say glad you are here now the bad run out the back as soon as he saw we were armed and not sitting ducks in a "gun free zone"
    2 happy happy spyders

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by r1100rider View Post
    A bakery can't refuse a cake
    Gun owners/buyers are NOT a "protected class".

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

How about we make laws directed at today's problems? We don't need asinine laws passed in the 19th century that don't apply to today's crisis.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Absolutely correct! No one has ever been accidentally shot by a trigger happy LEO!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

How about the Police, the Prosecuting Attorneys, and Courts?
    Obviously those 20,000-odd laws do not apply to our current situation or they would already have been enforced.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RinconRyder View Post
    Absolutely correct! No one has ever been accidentally shot by a trigger happy LEO!
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/02...by-police.html
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by r1100rider View Post
    That's an easy one you put your hands up hand the gun to the cops and say glad you are here now the bad run out the back as soon as he saw we were armed and not sitting ducks in a "gun free zone"
    Oh yeah - No chance of anything going wrong with that!
    Bert

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How about we make laws directed at today's problems? We don't need asinine laws passed in the 19th century that don't apply to today's crisis.
    Are you really trying to sell that fact that laws against:
    Murder
    Rape
    Robbery
    Aggravated Assault

...and a whole bunch of others; are "Asinine"?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That could also apply to "asinine" Constitutional amendments passed in the 18th century too.

But then......maybe we just need to update the Second Amendment to include machine guns, bazookas, tanks and tactical nukes.
    After all, it does just say "arms".

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Which are the ones that you think, if properly enforced, would reduce gun violence in the US to somewhere near the rate in other civilized societies?
    2014 RTL Platinum