Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Did anyone notice the article on the news last night about Dalton GA? A teacher in a school that allows them to carry, went berserk. He locked himself in a bathroom and was shooting the gun out the window.

He was subdued, and no one hurt--This Time.

And while everyone was sleeping and worrying about "rocket man,"

Putin announced that they have developed a new "hyper" ICBM
    which can be delivered anyplace in the world, can destroy an area the size of Texas, and cannot be shot down by anti-missle technology. Putins comment: "You will listen to us now." NATO refers to this missle as "Satan2."

The missle story was news to me and I don't miss much.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
    lets be real this stems from the lack off good parenting
    Amen to that. A good whooping goes a long way. Not just giving them a pill and putting them in timeout.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Did anyone notice the article on the news last night about Dalton GA? A teacher in a school that allows them to carry, went berserk. He locked himself in a bathroom and was shooting the gun out the window.

He was subdued, and no one hurt--This Time.

which can be delivered anyplace in the world, can destroy an area the size of Texas, and cannot be shot down by anti-missle technology. Putins comment: "You will listen to us now." NATO refers to this missle as "Satan2."

That is as disturbing as the gun-blessing ceremony by the nuts in the World Peace and Unification Sanctuary church in Pennsylvania.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    That is as disturbing as the gun-blessing ceremony by the nuts in the World Peace and Unification Sanctuary church in Pennsylvania.
    We are living in a brave, new, world. Most things are beyond crazy and easy solutions are long gone.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post

Well, our AR-15's won't do a lot of good against Putin. Guns, we need our guns! Oh sh**t.. no, we need our nukes!
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

From BBC News
    All shootings: Some 13,286 people were killed in the US by firearms in 2015, according to the Gun Violence Archive, and 26,819 people were injured [those figures exclude suicide]. Those figures are likely to rise by several hundred, once incidents in the final week of the year are counted.

From UPI
    ATLANTA, Dec. 23 (UPI) -- Several recent studies have shown epidemic use of prescription opioids and heroin, but new data show Americans are drinking themselves to death in record numbers.

More than 30,700 people died from alcohol poisoning and cirrhosis of the liver last year, and when factoring in deaths from alcohol-related DUI the total number of alcohol-related deaths rises to more than 88,000, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

6.6 times the the number of deaths caused by something that is available in almost every convenience store, left unattended and readily available in almost every home, and could be totally preventable.
    I say we confiscate it all and then sort it out and only give it back to the people who prove they can handle it and drink responsibly.
    I don't want to out law it all, just get rid of any of the LARGE containers, because no one needs that much ant any one time, the only thing it could be used for is to get drunk. We could limit it to just what could be drank at any one time without it getting you drunk.
    Then we need to make sure that we limit the high alcoholic content products, those also are not needed by the average person and are just used to get you drunk making it easier for you to die or have an accident killing others.
    We then need to make sure that NO ONE has more than a limited supply in their homes, if they have more it should be confiscate destroyed, and the offender should be arrested.

That is just applying the same rules to alcohol, a greater killer than guns will ever be, that most liberals want to apply to guns.

Sounds pretty absurd when you apply those same rules to something that is not a constitutional right, and yet the constitutional right is under fire.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    From BBC News
    All shootings: Some 13,286 people were killed in the US by firearms in 2015, according to the Gun Violence Archive, and 26,819 people were injured [those figures exclude suicide]. Those figures are likely to rise by several hundred, once incidents in the final week of the year are counted.

From UPI
    ATLANTA, Dec. 23 (UPI) -- Several recent studies have shown epidemic use of prescription opioids and heroin, but new data show Americans are drinking themselves to death in record numbers.

More than 30,700 people died from alcohol poisoning and cirrhosis of the liver last year, and when factoring in deaths from alcohol-related DUI the total number of alcohol-related deaths rises to more than 88,000, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

6.6 times the the number of deaths caused by something that is available in almost every convenience store, left unattended and readily available in almost every home, and could be totally preventable.
    I say we confiscate it all and then sort it out and only give it back to the people who prove they can handle it and drink responsibly.
    I don't want to out law it all, just get rid of any of the LARGE containers, because no one needs that much ant any one time, the only thing it could be used for is to get drunk. We could limit it to just what could be drank at any one time without it getting you drunk.
    Then we need to make sure that we limit the high alcoholic content products, those also are not needed by the average person and are just used to get you drunk making it easier for you to die or have an accident killing others.
    We then need to make sure that NO ONE has more than a limited supply in their homes, if they have more it should be confiscate destroyed, and the offender should be arrested.

That is just applying the same rules to alcohol, a greater killer than guns will ever be, that most liberals want to apply to guns.
    Other than that's it's a fallacious argument at best, where do you get your information that it represents the wishes of 'most liberals'? And, what is a 'liberal'?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Other than that's it's a fallacious argument at best, where do you get your information that it represents the wishes of 'most liberals'? And, what is a 'liberal'?
    Nothing fallacious about it, all the numbers facts as stated from very reliable sources about something that will kill more than 6 times the number of people per year than all guns in the USA combined. SO tell me how it is fallacious, what is the mistake?

Just as the non gun people want to limit so many types of guns because they do not understand them, their uses, and why people enjoy owning , shooting, and investing in them. I as a non drinker am applying that same logic to something that I do not desire to own, understand the need of, the uses of, or the desire to have in my possession. So therefore because I do not want it, have no use for it, no one else should have it or need it.

As you can see, I should not try to force my feelings on the entire population of the USA, just as the ones who does not understand or want to own guns.
    Last edited by Fatcycledaddy; 03-01-2018 at 04:20 PM.

Spyder Garage

My answer to what a liberal is.
    Someone who proclames that they are very understanding and open and yet will not listen to any apposing ideas or views.
    Someone who thinks that they or the government can tell me a better way I have to live my life and it HAS align with how they live theirs.
    Someone who thinks that the everyone MUST agree with their ideas and have no personal freedoms, successes, or failures.
    Someone who wants to take away from me what I have earned through hard work, and share it with whomever they think should have it, not giving me the opportunity to support the causes and people I would like to support. Therefore keeping thinks like Amtrak, and National Public radio afloat when they to not appeal to enough people in the market place to become successful on their own.
    Someone who gives very little of their own increase to charity to help others, and yet wants to take my earnings and give it to the things they prefer, IE illegal aliens.

Spyder Garage

From BBC News

From UPI

Sounds pretty absurd when you apply those same rules to something that is not a constitutional right, and yet the constitutional right is under fire.
    I agree with that. While we're at it may as well get cell phones fixxed so if your car is running the phone won't work either. How many people are killed or injured by some stupid playing with a cell phone going down the road

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Someone who proclames that they are very understanding and open and yet will not listen to any apposing ideas or views.
    Someone who thinks that they or the government can tell me a better way I have to live my life and it HAS align with how they live theirs.
    Someone who thinks that the everyone MUST agree with their ideas and have no personal freedoms, successes, or failures.
    Someone who wants to take away from me what I have earned through hard work, and share it with whomever they think should have it, not giving me the opportunity to support the causes and people I would like to support. Therefore keeping thinks like Amtrak, and National Public radio afloat when they to not appeal to enough people in the market place to become successful on their own.
    Someone who gives very little of their own increase to charity to help others, and yet wants to take my earnings and give it to the things they prefer, IE illegal aliens.
    Well, I'm glad I asked. Given the above definition, you have nothing to worry about. In my 30+ years as a "liberal" I've never heard anyone express ANY of those notions. I don't think anyone meeting your definition actually exists in any real numbers and certainly has no voice in state or federal government.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I thought that a Liberal is just a Conservative who hasn't been mugged yet.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Anytime I hear someone saying they are quoting from a reliable/good/unbiased source, in my opinion what they are really saying is they found a source that agrees with their thinking.

So, where is the one true source that everyone agrees with? There isn't one, and once again there are pages of point/counterpoint, and another circular thread. Each side digging in more and more.

I'll say one thing about this thread, I did learn a thing or two about the NRA. Thank you Bob D. Does that mean I'lll join the NRA? Probably not since I don't own a gun. But, I have two daughters that may join. I guess that was just bad parenting on my part.
    Last edited by wyliec; 03-01-2018 at 05:06 PM.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Well, I'm glad I asked. Given the above definition, you have nothing to worry about. In my 30+ years as a "liberal" I've never heard anyone express ANY of those notions. I don't think anyone meeting your definition actually exists in any real numbers and certainly has no voice in state or federal government.
    Pete i think a liberal might be someone who wants to keep illegals in the country but won't invite them in their house.
    a liberal might be someone who is concerned about the opioid crisis while smoking pot.
    a liberal might be someone who protests or riots with black lives matter but calls police when he sees a black man
    in his neighborhood.
    I can go on but that is just a few examples.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big F View Post
    Everyone has got this thing wrong! Guns don't kill people, people do...
    And people often have invalid opinions about things too, Frank.

Water is required for life on this planet. But too much of it will drown you.

Too many guns IS the problem. A second and related problem is that we did away with our mental health system about 50 years ago.

It isn't that we have too much Government in our lives......but that it is in the wrong places.

In modern life, some things just NEED to have meaningful and common sense regulations applied.
    Medicine, finance and.....yes.....guns.

The evidence is all around you. Wake up and smell the gunpowder......and SEE the blood.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    Pete i think a liberal might be someone who wants to keep illegals in the country but won't invite them in their house.
    a liberal might be someone who is concerned about the opioid crisis while smoking pot.
    a liberal might be someone who protests or riots with black lives matter but calls police when he sees a black man
    in his neighborhood.
    I can go on but that is just a few examples.
    Now you're talking about hypocrites. Our country is full of those.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Pete i think a liberal might be .............
    This country was founded and the Constitution was written by some of the biggest liberals of their time.

"Our" side fought a revolutionary war against the Conservative King of England.

If you want to see the "devil", just look in the mirror while you are slinging insults at a group of people who you have been brainwashed to dislike.......without actually thinking about why.

Lemmings.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I thought that a Liberal is just a Conservative who hasn't been mugged yet.
    Labels have only one purpose, and that is to divide us. That's the problem I have with most of the extremist arguments, is that they depend on the followers having a complete revulsion to anything labeled 'liberal', "democrat" or 'socialist'. Most middle-class folks I know, once you get past the labels and start talking about specific concerns, don't fall neatly into any grouping.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    This country was founded and the Constitution was written by some of the biggest liberals of their time.

"Our" side fought a revolutionary war against the Conservative King of England.

If you want to see the "devil", just look in the mirror while you are slinging insults at a group of people who you have been brainwashed to dislike.......without actually thinking about why.

Lemmings.
    IT was democrats that fought the king of england and died for that freedom

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

IT was democrats that fought the king of england and died for that freedom
    Huh?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RinconRyder View Post
    CORRECTION: People with guns kill people!

And yes, if you are truly a bad guy you can find a gun somewhere BUT you should know that not one of the school shooters nor the LV shooter had police records. Not one of them. So, they weren't the "bad guy" until they pulled the trigger and mowed down a lot of innocent people.

The companies dropping their NRA bennies are retreating from a brand fiasco. They don't want to be on the wrong (read: losing) side of this issue. See my earlier post for a more complete description of why they are doing this. It has to do with business and not politics or gun control per se.

And yes, your Flori-duh authorities at multiple levels completely dropped the ball on this and should be held accountable. That would be in my list of things to look at but only after we remove as many of the weapons as possible.

With your logic I hope you are calling for boycotting AAA and company's that give discounts to their members until we get these killing vehicle's off the road.

The last time I checked, cars and motorcycles kill 10's of thousands more people per year than guns. Or does this not fit the left narrative because you own one ?

BOYCOTT AAA NOW !
    Last edited by Holly; 03-01-2018 at 05:52 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    With your left leaning logic I hope you are calling for boycotting AAA and company's that give discounts to their members until we get these killing vehicle's off the road.

The last time I checked, cars and motorcycles kill 10's of thousands more people per year than guns. Or does this not fit the left narrative because you own one ?

BOYCOTT AAA NOW !
    How about better testing to get a license and annual testing and no legal status no license.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So much to say ...
    Please don't get bogged down in political party sledging - it is merely avoiding a reasoned debate - our country is not so sidetracked by political party allegiances - we certainly do not pre-register for one party or another, we vote how we feel at the time.

I am not suggesting the Australian model for America, our cultures are too different. I would fight tooth and nail against your model here.

By the way, whatever happened to the policeman who perceived an Aussie lady, who had reported a disturbance, as a threat when she came out in her pyjamas to talk to the policemen in their car? Shot dead. As I said, totally different cultures.

All I will add is that it seems highly illogical that an 18 year old can buy a gun but cannot buy a beer. Something wonky there. Either an 18 year old is a responsible adult, or they are not. Sounds like a bob each way...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    With your logic I hope you are calling for boycotting AAA and company's that give discounts to their members until we get these killing vehicle's off the road.

BOYCOTT AAA NOW !
    I say get yourself a sign and stand out in front of AAA and boycott them, if you feel that strongly; it's your right to free speech.

Spyder Garage

Reading these ridiculous generalizations, here's an easy definition of a "conservative" -- A person who jumps to conclusions, generalizes everything and stereotypes other people.
    2017 RTS , Blue