Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by r1100rider View Post
    yes and that worked out well my insurance went from 900 month for 2 with 500 ded. To a bargain of 1400 and 7500 each ded so only 30,000 per year before I collect the first dime ,the young and poor were better off paying the fine and they still walked into the ER and got care the hospitals had to loose out on
    so much for the pool therory

the state of oregon paid 500,000 to build ACA website sign up page that never signed up 1 person

less government please
    By your writing it is easy to see where our gubmint failed you. Please learn to write before posting!

But then, it must be hell to be a radical right winger living in a place like OR. Total frustration.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RinconRyder View Post
    And if the media weren't publicizing the story you would be criticizing them for not doing so.

There is a very fine line between reporting a story and publicizing an event for personal gain.
    Not so I agree with not giving these nuts air time I wouldn't criticize for that
    2 happy happy spyders

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

In fact, there are already insurance policies which do have optional exclusions for things like maternity, birth control and certain elective surgery procedures. Don't want to pay for the policy that automatically covers those? Simple, find a policy that doesn't.

But recognize that an insurance pool is viable only if it contains more people that do not take benefits than do. In other words, if the risk of providing certain benefits is too great the pool will collapse by paying out more in benefits than it takes in. Generally speaking, the more enrollees you have in any plan the lower the premiums for everyone.
    Your posts are logical and reasoned and fact-based. His are just a regurgitation of NRA dogma. Reason will never win over emotion unfortunately, and that's what is wrong with our whole country right now. The inmates think they're running the asylum.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

By your writing it is easy to see where our gubmint failed you. Please learn to write before posting!

But then, it must be hell to be a radical right winger living in a place like OR. Total frustration.
    Not so life is good I was just showing the facts of what happens when the government "fixes something " insurance become un affordable it has nothing to do with right or left just what happened insults dont change reality,I'm not frustrated with life at all I just open my eyes to what's going on
    2 happy happy spyders

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Not so life is good I was just showing the facts of what happens when the government "fixes something " insurance become un affordable it has nothing to do with right or left just what happened insults dont change reality,I'm not frustrated with life at all I just open my eyes to what's going on
    Somebody failed you big time.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

In fact, there are already insurance policies which do have optional exclusions for things like maternity, birth control and certain elective surgery procedures. Don't want to pay for the policy that automatically covers those? Simple, find a policy that doesn't.

But recognize that an insurance pool is viable only if it contains more people that do not take benefits than do. In other words, if the risk of providing certain benefits is too great the pool will collapse by paying out more in benefits than it takes in. Generally speaking, the more enrollees you have in any plan the lower the premiums for everyone.
    That would be nice but the ACA put all the competition in insurance out of business and left us with 2 choices ,the exclusions you mention are not true they are required parts to qualify as per ACA rules
    2 happy happy spyders

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Somebody failed you big time.
    More insults ?
    2 happy happy spyders

Spyder Garage

Hi RinconRyder,

Re: click on Snopes.com for a discussion

You ask too much of the old dinosaurs on here.

I agree with every post you have written on many subjects. It is too bad that too many people have failed to keep up with the changing world.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) I've been pro-abortion upon demand ever since I first learned was it was; about 1957 or so.
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

It must really suck to be you. Afraid of not going out in public without your firearm. You would think from your explanation you lived in Botswana or some other third world country. Wait......perhaps you are correct and NC is already a third world country. That is sure what it sounds like.

My ex-father in law lived in VA and never went for a bike ride without his handgun strapped to his handlebars. It must really suck to live in such a place. I'm sure glad I don't.
    I'm glad you don't live here too.
    2021 RTL Marsala Dark Edition 4.13.2021
    Lamonster Riser
    Spyder Extras Docking station
    Zumo XT (my own Plug & Play cable)
    WrapMySpyder Carbon fiber partial kit.
    Baja Ron ultra performance sway bar and end links

2015 RTS SM6 Intense Red
    born on date 3/2015 (mine on 9/12/15)
    Sold on 4.13.2021 33k of fun.

Spyder Garage

A trifecta of smug elitist bs.
    How quaint

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Spyder Garage

More insults ?

Don't let them get to you when they throw out insults, that just means they have no argument. They can't help it. It could a defect from birth or bad parenting when they were a child. I'm not sure? They base everything on feelings instead of facts and have taught these young kids to do the same.

I'll throw out a few facts for them and watch how they curl up in a fetal position and melt like snowflakes on a warm spring day.

Most of these killings are from people that are aligned with one political party.
    9 out of 10 ghettos in the USA are run by one political party.
    100% of mayors that inform illegals that Ice is coming are from one political party.
    Cities that are now promoting voter fraud are from one political party. (Chicago's new id for illegals)
    California is voted dead last on a recent quality of life survey and is run by one political party.
    The highest tax states are run by one political party.
    Sanctuary cities that protect illegals over citizens are all run by one political party.
    Cities with the highest crime rates are all run by one political party.
    Cities with the highest gun violence are all run by one political party.

GEEZ...... I wonder what could be our country's problem ?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Don't let them get to you when they throw out insults, that just means they have no argument. They can't help it. It could a defect from birth or bad parenting when they were a child. I'm not sure? They base everything on feelings instead of facts and have taught these young kids to do the same.

I'll throw out a few facts for them and watch how they curl up in a fetal position and melt like snowflakes on a warm spring day.

Most of these killings are from people that are aligned with one political party.
    100% of mayors that inform illegals that Ice is coming are from one political party.
    Cities that are now promoting voter fraud are from one political party. (Chicago's new id for illegals)
    California is voted dead last on a recent quality of life survey and is run by one political party.
    Sanctuary cities that protect illegals over citizens are all run by one political party.

Biased, partisan political opinions masquerading as facts. BTW, this snowflake doesn't melt or run from a good argument. However, this thread has run its course.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Pete,
    I agree with you. Let's pull the plug on this thread, and get back to arguing about helmets.
    Or tires...
    Or oil...
    Or speed limits...
    Or ...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default get rid of the roaches

Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

most people are just wanting it to be known that there would be a possibility of armed resistance instead of the opposite "gun free inside here come on in and shoot away" the possibility of a bullet coming back would stop 90% in the first place the fact that these all seem to happen in gun free zones bears this out, most people aren't asking for mandatory 2 pistols on everyone
    Let's see.....I am a former school student so I know exactly where the School Resource Officer hangs out and what his firearm is. I have an AR-15 facing his puny Glock so I am confident if I should run into him it won't be a fair fight. If I thought about this rationally I would know that eventually the police will respond in force and I will either be captured or killed.

You are assuming these shooters are sane and thinking. Untrue. They are not sane and have a perverted view of the situation. The threat of a single LEO with a handgun is not going to deter most of them, if any. After all, they have thought about the attack for a long time and are convinced either they can eliminate any opposition, get away or they expect to die in the process. Very dangerous people.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    The point that you made; is that you aren't particularly truthful...
    In exactly what respect?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Not so I agree with not giving these nuts air time I wouldn't criticize for that
    Then you are an exception because from other posts here and elsewhere it is evident people expect the media to report accurate facts and you cannot do that if you do not name names.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

That would be nice but the ACA put all the competition in insurance out of business and left us with 2 choices ,the exclusions you mention are not true they are required parts to qualify as per ACA rules
    That's the way the insurance companies wanted it. The O administration knew single payer didn't stand a snowball's chance in Hades so in order to get whatever they could they enlisted the insurance companies' help. The insurance industry pretty much wrote the ACA.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The gubmint implemented a solution to the "I'm not able to find affordable health insurance" problem. It isn't perfect but it does provide a means to buy a policy if you have health issues that would eliminate you from most commercial sources. You do not have to enroll in ACA and are free to find a commercial policy that fits you better.

If the USA were perfect we would have cradle to grave insurance for every citizen - but then you and others would bitch about the cost (see Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Canada and Germany for examples). No system is perfect and the cost is what it is and it isn't what we used to call cheap. You cannot have your cake and eat it too.

You want cheap health insurance? Support programs that teach kids how to eat, get enough exercise, watch their weight and avoid alcohol, drugs and tobacco. In 60 years those premiums will drop significantly.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Then why do I still have health insurance?

Insurance companies, like other businesses, always compare the cost of doing business with potential profits. If they abandon the market it is because they feel they can't make sufficient revenue from it. I am not a health insurance expert but I seriously doubt your statement about choices.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ES44AC View Post
    I'm glad you don't live here too.
    The happiest day of my life was seeing VA in my rear view mirror.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post

I could respond to your list but it is like arguing with a pig. I'd get all dirty and it would not change your mind. So go live in your fantasy world and believe what you want.

Spyder Garage

Hi RinconRyder,

Re: but I seriously doubt your statement about choices.

So do I, and I live in Oregon also.

And my 95 yr old mother does not get her health insurance from the ACA. She also has choices.

You see, the real problem is with the facts.

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    That's the way the insurance companies wanted it. The O administration knew single payer didn't stand a snowball's chance in Hades so in order to get whatever they could they enlisted the insurance companies' help. The insurance industry pretty much wrote the ACA.
    Bear in mind that it was the Republican controlled Congress who resisted every attempt at writing a good final product. Don't blame ***** for settling for what he could get. ACA, if a disaster, is a Republican disaster.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I could respond to your list but it is like arguing with a pig. I'd get all dirty and it would not change your mind. So go live in your fantasy world and believe what you want.
    "The problem with mud-wrestling a pig is that you both get dirty but only the pig enjoys it" ....
    Last edited by UtahPete; 03-04-2018 at 06:34 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum