Thread: Mirrors\GPS

Spyder Garage

Default Mirrors\GPS

After a year or so these are pretty much the two biggest things that I dislike the most with RT Limited. Placement of the Mirrors and looking down at the GPS between the handle bars. Has this bugged anybody else and what if anything have you done to solve the problem?
    2016 RT Limited - Hicklin Powersport (Des Moines, IA)

BaJaRon Swaybar, Custom Painted (Sue Hopper), Dashmount, Dongle - BRP, FOBO Tire Monitoring System, Lidlox, Magic Mirror Mounts , Safety Light Package,
    Wide-Vu Mirrors, Hopnel Saddlebag Liners, Saddlebag Nets, F$ Tall Boy Windshield (without Vent)

Odds & Ends
    Ron Bandy Motorcycle Driving Course - ronbandy.com
    1000A Battery Pack, Air Pack, Black Dymond Detailer
    2016 RT Limited , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris View Post
    After a year or so these are pretty much the two biggest things that I dislike the most with RT Limited. Placement of the Mirrors and looking down at the GPS between the handle bars. Has this bugged anybody else and what if anything have you done to solve the problem?
    I've relocated my GPS to the top of the dashboard and added the Wide-Vue stick-on mirrors from TricLED.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Wide-Vue Mirrors from Tric-LED and mounted my Smart phone with GPS mapping etc over the crest of the dash,
    installed.jpg
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

I don't mind the mirrors at all, I did add some blind spot mirrors though. Just picked up a pair of the adhesive, adjustable ones from Wally World for $4 and stuck em on. (I think someone on here sells em for like $20/pr...LOL) They work great. As for GPS, another vote for putting it up on the dash in line of sight. I just use the unit out of my truck and move it to the bike when I think I'll need it.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

The TRICLED wide vue mirrors are an excellent option for the RT model but not so much for the F3. I bought a pair for my wife's RT and she loves them-no issues at all. However, the pair that I bought for my F3 Limited fell off after a few months (they mount differently). I removed the very messy goo that they left on my mirrors and will not be putting them back on. As for the GPS, I think Lamont has some good options for relocating the device on the RT for a better line of sight.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    I don't mind the mirrors at all, I did add some blind spot mirrors though. Just picked up a pair of the adhesive, adjustable ones from Wally World for $4 and stuck em on. (I think someone on here sells em for like $20/pr...LOL) They work great. As for GPS, another vote for putting it up on the dash in line of sight. I just use the unit out of my truck and move it to the bike when I think I'll need it.
    I now don't mind the low mirrors, as I have gotten used to them over 5 riding seasons. I too put the small stick on adjustable blind spot mirrors (also from wally world) on the lower outside corners of the mirrors, and that is working well for me. This is a very common complaint about mirrors in general, and not just on the RT.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White