Spyder Garage

Default 2012 RT Exhaust Difficulty

Hello to all...I'm new here so please bare with me.
    I own a 2012 Spyder Rt and and looking for a louder performance exhaust.
    I am interested in Scorpion or VooDoo or something similar, however, having I'm having great difficulty in sourcing.
    I would appreciate any info or advise.
    Thanx in advance.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There are manufacturers that make exhausts specifically for the Spyder, it doesn’t look like Scorpion or Voo Doo do. Have you looked at What Spyder Attitude offers? He is a site sponsor here. Two Brothers makes one as does Akropovic.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Just make sure that whatever muffler you get is long enough that the outlet ends are beyond the end of the panniers.... I tried a shorter muffler for a short while & then had to repair the melted lower/rear trailing edge of the RH Pannier that melted due to the hot exhaust gasses!!

But if you haven't yet tossed the 'primary muffler', or as it is more commonly known, the Catalytic Converter or 'that lump of useless heat generating dead weight under the guts of the bike, then get yourself a 'Cat Eliminator' & do that first!! While all the Spyders benefit from this, the V-twins particularly enjoy keeping the stock 'rear muffler' & throwing the Cat Converter away, instantly benefitting from the weight loss & the reduction in the excessive level of heat & back-pressure generated by the catalytic honeycomb section, sounding a helluva lot nicer, gaining a shed load of mid range pull/response, & returning better fuel economy too - IF you can resist using the better mid range all the time!!

Sooo, for my 2 bob, fit a Cat Eliminator FIRST, then see if you really want an aftermarket 'secondary'! You might be surprised.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Just make sure that whatever muffler you get is long enough that the outlet ends are beyond the end of the panniers.... I tried a shorter muffler for a short while & then had to repair the melted lower/rear trailing edge of the RH Pannier that melted due to the hot exhaust gasses!!

But if you haven't yet tossed the 'primary muffler', or as it is more commonly known, the Catalytic Converter or 'that lump of useless heat generating dead weight under the guts of the bike, then get yourself a 'Cat Eliminator' & do that first!! While all the Spyders benefit from this, the V-twins particularly enjoy keeping the stock 'rear muffler' & throwing the Cat Converter away, instantly benefitting from the weight loss & the reduction in the excessive level of heat & back-pressure generated by the catalytic honeycomb section, sounding a helluva lot nicer, gaining a shed load of mid range pull/response, & returning better fuel economy too - IF you can resist using the better mid range all the time!!

Sooo, for my 2 bob, fit a Cat Eliminator FIRST, then see if you really want an aftermarket 'secondary'! You might be surprised.

That's what I did first, the cat eliminator, but I didn't like the raspiness it produced with the stock muffler. I put the cat back on and installed a Two Bros black series muffler and love the way it sounds. Not too loud, very deep tone and really barks when you twist it tight. Sounds like a vtwin should.
    2010 RT Audio and Convience SE5, wider vented windshield, XM radio, digital voltmeter, K&N filter, LED turn signal strips, ISCI floorboards, Lamonster LED Headlights and Fogs, Two Bros Black series

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Excuse me for being the guy who pees in the pool here...
    But Louder exhausts just aggravate the non-riding public.

Buy a pipe because it:
    saves weight,
    reduces heat,
    increases performance,
    ...or just looks cooler.
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 02-28-2018 at 09:22 AM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Little checking.....

You tube has a lot of pipes and sounds for the spyder exhausts and at the same time you can see who makes them. I like the Yoshimura R77 but to each his own. Also had the Hindle but don't know if they are still around or making pipes for spyders....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Doesn't the Redneck Diva have a really cool system on her RT?

Spyder Garage

Another pool pee'er here.

Like they say: "Loud pipes make a lot of people ticked off."

Anne has listed the usual go to mufflers if you must.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

im selling my tail gunner for 150.00 its the widow maker it will fit on any rt model and yr. just text me @ 817.846.2748 ill send you a picture if your interested.

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here's a Tailgunner video...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    You tube has a lot of pipes and sounds for the spyder exhausts and at the same time you can see who makes them. I like the Yoshimura R77 but to each his own. Also had the Hindle but don't know if they are still around or making pipes for spyders....

I have the Yoshi on my GS , Black Carbon Fibre looks great , love the sound ( as do my 2 wheel buddies) , a little more power as well especially low end 👍

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default EXHAUST

You can certainly get LOUDER ..... but performance .... not likely ....the computer system in our Spyders usually corrects anything it doesn't accept ..... read that PERFORMANCE ........ Ask any of these Performance Exhaust sellers to show you the Dyno sheets to Verify the claim ........ I don't bet ....but I'll bet you never see one ..... jmho ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    You can certainly get LOUDER ..... but performance .... not likely ....the computer system in our Spyders usually corrects anything it doesn't accept ..... read that PERFORMANCE ........ Ask any of these Performance Exhaust sellers to show you the Dyno sheets to Verify the claim ........ I don't bet ....but I'll bet you never see one ..... jmho ..... Mike
    This!
    Bob S

Spyder Garage

Default And to Think

I feel that our 2013 RTL is too loud the way it is. I believe it still has everything stock on it. When we return to the neighborhood after some of our sunset rides I pretty much idle to the back garage. As some have said here I wouldn't mind removing whatever piece I have to to increase efficiency but don't want to make our bike any louder. I don't want to pee on anyone's parade either but also wonder why
    We have Harley rider in the area that just rides around making as much noise as he can when we are sitting on our patios at night and we cant believe he doesn't get at ticket. I certainly would not want to get that reputation. jmho Thanks guys

Dave