Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the update/info. I was wondering if shipment was going to really happen in April.

Spyder Garage

I have this one: https://thirdeyedesigninc.com/features/ got it late in the fall. I will install it this weekend with other lights & wiring but not having riding weather yet to try it out to it's fullest.
    I bought it when it was under development before they were in production. A lot cheaper then now!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TIMMB View Post
    I have this one: https://thirdeyedesigninc.com/features/ got it late in the fall. I will install it this weekend with other lights & wiring but not having riding weather yet to try it out to it's fullest.
    I bought it when it was under development before they were in production. A lot cheaper then now!
    Tim - Have you installed the light yet and have you tried it out? Curious as to how it performs and whether you're satisfied with it.
    Bert

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bhern View Post
    Just a quick update from the Brake Free team; they've pushed out the delivery once again, to September 2019.

It's definitely a disappointment, as I was really looking forward to getting it on my helmet, but once again, the choice is to either b**** and moan, or accept that the team involved is doing their best, and the path they're laying down is realistic and hopefully the last of the delays. Having a reasonably structured vehicle like Indiegogo helps to alleviate the "they just took our money and blew it" fear one might have on one's own.

We'll see if they're on track still in next month's update.
    Another brief update on the Brake Free light -- the beta (user) test units will be going out to some lucky testers in early October. I'm hoping to be one of them. We'll see.

Shipment is probably happening in November.
    Regards,

Bret

2017 RT-S Orbital Blue
    BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar
    SpyderPops LED Bumpskid, Spyclops II LED, Full View Turn Signals & Belt Guard
    Sena 20S Bluetooth Headsets
    Brake Free Helmet Light
    FOBO Bike for Trike
    Rugged Geek RG1000 Safety Plus Jump Starter/Air Compressor
    Lamonster RAM mount/Techmount TechGripper
    Drink2Go Cup Holders
    UltraGard Half Cover
    2017 RT-S , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

A final update on this thread -- I just received word that I'll be getting one of the beta units of the Brake Free helmet light; should be in my hands within the week. I'll post my impressions/thoughts separately once I have it installed and get to test it out a bit.
    Regards,

Bret

2017 RT-S Orbital Blue
    BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar
    SpyderPops LED Bumpskid, Spyclops II LED, Full View Turn Signals & Belt Guard
    Sena 20S Bluetooth Headsets
    Brake Free Helmet Light
    FOBO Bike for Trike
    Rugged Geek RG1000 Safety Plus Jump Starter/Air Compressor
    Lamonster RAM mount/Techmount TechGripper
    Drink2Go Cup Holders
    UltraGard Half Cover
    2017 RT-S , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bhern View Post
    A final update on this thread -- I just received word that I'll be getting one of the beta units of the Brake Free helmet light; should be in my hands within the week. I'll post my impressions/thoughts separately once I have it installed and get to test it out a bit.
    What was the result of this?
    2019 Rally , BLACK

Spyder Garage

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I recently bought a brake free helmet light. 60 days to get it. Comes from Hong Kong. I ordered an extra set of mounting brackets and that also took 60 days. Very bright, large size, and they do work. A motion detector switch kicks it on when you hit the brakes.

Over priced IMO @ $169 or so.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info. That's a pretty thorough review.
    2019 Rally , BLACK

Spyder Garage

wife bought me one for christmas. wired it in yesterday and it seems to be working ok. Link below

https://www.amazon.com/product-revie...ews-filter-bar

It has emergency flasher, brake light and turn signals. It velcros to the back of the helmet. the velcro seems strong.
    2011 rt , pearl white

Spyder Garage

Sorry if this has already been said. It did not make it through every comment.

I would think this can give other motorists a false sense of your position on the road. What happens when you turn your head to check cross traffic? I think that would be weird for a crossing motorist to see a brake light facing the wrong way or a turn signal pointing in a direction you are not turning. I know it brief but that oddity could cause confusion.
    2021 RT Limited , Deep Marsala Red Metallic (Dark)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Schreckftw View Post
    Sorry if this has already been said. It did not make it through every comment.

I would think this can give other motorists a false sense of your position on the road. What happens when you turn your head to check cross traffic? I think that would be weird for a crossing motorist to see a brake light facing the wrong way or a turn signal pointing in a direction you are not turning. I know it brief but that oddity could cause confusion.
    I think you have a valid point. However, someone following you would likely be focused on the helmet light and whatever it does. All too often when you introduce confusion and stress into the equation, people will tend to hit whatever they are focused on. I followed a helmet light of an unknown brand last summer and I knew exactly what it was. I thought it was a pretty cool accessory. I think I'll invest in one with an extra mount when they become available. If the helmet light is on, say half bright, and comes on pulsating full bright when activated I think it would work very well.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    I recently bought a brake free helmet light. 60 days to get it. Comes from Hong Kong. I ordered an extra set of mounting brackets and that also took 60 days. Very bright, large size, and they do work. A motion detector switch kicks it on when you hit the brakes.

Over priced IMO @ $169 or so.
    AR since you both ride who gets it the leader or the follower ? I know that is a stupid question but had to ask, it seems like both of you should have one ? Also how heavy is it as it would be on my wifes helmet. Does anyone think it would conflict with the high mount brake light ? Thanks
    Dave
    2013 RT Limited
    Lamonster FBB with larger gripper pegs
    Value Accessories dah mount
    Custom Dynamics High Mount brake light
    BRP passenger arm rests

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fire34 View Post
    AR since you both ride who gets it the leader or the follower ? I know that is a stupid question but had to ask, it seems like both of you should have one ? Also how heavy is it as it would be on my wifes helmet. Does anyone think it would conflict with the high mount brake light ? Thanks
    Dave
    Linda prefers the tailgunner position. I do have her take the lead once in awhile so that she stays in practice. Linda did not want a helmet light so I am the only one wearing one. She now gets plenty of warning even though we also use Sena communicators. No conflicts with the high mount brake light. I often ride my Vulcan solo...so that gives me an extra light for others to see.

Another possibility is Motorcycle Dave's light. Not a brake free, but a lot less expensive.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I was looking at the Brake Free light a bit closer. Says it measures approx 6" x 3" . Looking at my F3S rear fender, that would fit nicely on the upper rear fender area. Hmmmm...

** They are FAST with email ! They think the fender area is too flat for the helmet designed contour. I'll ponder it for a helmet once I get closer to riding season **

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Not only that, but the fender area is way lower than what this was designed for, max visibility at height.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vario View Post
    Not only that, but the fender area is way lower than what this was designed for, max visibility at height.
    I sat in the drivers seat of my vehicle, looking at the rear of the Spyder, when pondering this. Would have been plenty visible..

2022 RT Sea To Sky