On what a RT F3 RS ST ?
    Happy Owner

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default FUSE BLOCK

Quote Originally Posted by johnny canuck View Post
    Looking for the "best" spot to mount a fuse block - about 5"LX3.5"WX1.5"H
    Anyone out there that has mounted one?
    Mine is little smaller but it did fit under the left headlight mounted to the cross -piece of the frame ..... I have good access to it for getting at the fuses or adding wires ....... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default model

Quote Originally Posted by fastfraser View Post
    On what a RT F3 RS ST ?
    He has a 2017 RT ... Ltd.....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fastfraser View Post
    On what a RT F3 RS ST ?
    Sorry, RTL 2017

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Mine is little smaller but it did fit under the left headlight mounted to the cross -piece of the frame ..... I have good access to it for getting at the fuses or adding wires ....... Mike
    Is yours an RTL? Was looking at the area behind the left pull off side panel (behind the Can-am name plate). That area is not enclosed for water though. The fuses are covered, but not the terminal ends.

Spyder Garage

I put mine on the right side ( facing the front) under the black triangle plastic piece under the frunk lid. There's lots of room in there for it.

08 frunk2.jpg

2017 RT-S

Bump Skid - Spyderpops
    Wrap - Wrapmyspyder
    swaybar - Bajaron
    Sena 20D & SM10
    3 PC Mesh Zippered Lid Net Set - TricLED
    A arm LED's - Safety LED's - TricLED
    Mirror Sequential turn signals
    Glo-riders
    LED rear turn signals and reverse lights
    Front Grills
    Third Brake light
    Larson Scanner
    Light Up - Sue Hopper

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bcer960 View Post
    I put mine on the right side ( facing the front) under the black triangle plastic piece under the frunk lid. There's lots of room in there for it.
    I would love to see a picture of that with the cover off! Any chance you've got one to post here?
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Default fuse block

Quote Originally Posted by johnny canuck View Post
    Is yours an RTL? Was looking at the area behind the left pull off side panel (behind the Can-am name plate). That area is not enclosed for water though. The fuses are covered, but not the terminal ends.
    No , but I don't think yours is any different in that area ..... as " bcer960 " stated it's under the left black cover at the Frunk edge .....which is under the left headlight ......Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Fuse block area

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    I would love to see a picture of that with the cover off! Any chance you've got one to post here?
    ......Just pop off the cover on yours, no tools necessary ..... .......... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Fuse block

I mounted a fuse block under the RH panels. Picture is a little hard to see well, but there was room.
    IMG_20170327_110634770.jpg
    2013 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
    2017 Honda Pilot
    2018 Maverick Trail 1000 DPS
    2015 RTS SE6 Intense Red Pearl
    2014 35' Keystone Fuzion Impact Toyhauler
    Ultimate Seats passenger backrest, Adjustable wind deflectors, Minitrailer USA trailer, Can Am driver backrest, Corbin passenger armrests, after market hitch, DIY bump skid, LED turn indicaters, cup holders, frunk decal stripes, DIY GPS mount, DIY Gopro dash mount, aux 12v & USB outlets, DIY belt rock shield, BajaRon swaybar, frunk 12v outlet

Spyder Garage

I don't have a pic, and I just tried to get you one, but the bike is put away for the winter, and the garage door is frozen to the ground.

Open your frunk, take the right side (when facing the bike) black plastic triangle out. There is quite a bit of room in there. I put in a 6 position fuse box, facing front to back on the outside of that space. If I remember right, there's a metal part of the frame that I screwed it too. I also have a 6 or 8 (I forget which) position terminal strip, running side to side near the front of that space, screwed into the metal. And an arduino and 5v regulator running side to side near the back of the space. I believe the arduino and reg are zap strapped (zip strip??)(cable tie) onto a cable or wire harness that runs back there. And there is still a small amount of room left in that area.

It is "supposed" to warm up by the weekend, if it does, I will see if I can get the door open and take a pic.

Ray

2017 RT-S

Bump Skid - Spyderpops
    Wrap - Wrapmyspyder
    swaybar - Bajaron
    Sena 20D & SM10
    Glo-riders
    Front Grills
    Third Brake light
    Larson Scanner
    Light Up - Sue Hopper

Spyder Garage

I mounted an Eastern Beaver fuse box ( 6 switched and 2 un switched ) under the service panel above the frunk at the bottom of the windshield on my F3 as pictured it is in the same place on my RT ,offers great water protection and easy access.2679472C-1ACA-4982-B8B6-725EA48F619B.jpg
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Default Close to where you need it

I say mount it close to where you need the additional connections. By this I mean, if you need several connections close to the bars/dash then perhaps put it under the front left or right side as others have suggested. If you need to near the rear of the bike then you might mount it someplace near the rear topcase. If you simply want more switched and/or unswitched connections near the battery, there is room around there as well.

Rob
    Last edited by robhowen; 02-27-2018 at 07:56 AM.
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I mounted mine a PDM60 Fusebox under the LHS cover as you sit on the Spyder
    Underneath the cover there is a bracket I made a plate bolted to this bracket and placed my PDM60 fusebox on it
    This gives easy access although the PD!60 has electronics circuits instead of fuses this also allows you to easy route cables to the dashboard / handlebar area
    i had a Z1 Fusebox in the same area on my previous Spyder RT 2010 SE5 model and now the PDM60 Fusebox fitted in the same area on my existing Spyder RT 2015 SE6 model

See photos
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bcer960 View Post
    I don't have a pic, and I just tried to get you one, but the bike is put away for the winter, and the garage door is frozen to the ground.

Open your frunk, take the right side (when facing the bike) black plastic triangle out. There is quite a bit of room in there. I put in a 6 position fuse box, facing front to back on the outside of that space. If I remember right, there's a metal part of the frame that I screwed it too. I also have a 6 or 8 (I forget which) position terminal strip, running side to side near the front of that space, screwed into the metal. And an arduino and 5v regulator running side to side near the back of the space. I believe the arduino and reg are zap strapped (zip strip??)(cable tie) onto a cable or wire harness that runs back there. And there is still a small amount of room left in that area.

It is "supposed" to warm up by the weekend, if it does, I will see if I can get the door open and take a pic.

Ray
    If you don't mind my asking, what is the Arduino running? Always curious when people add things like that or a RasPi to their bike.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trbayth View Post
    If you don't mind my asking, what is the Arduino running? Always curious when people add things like that or a RasPi to their bike.
    When i first saw the bike, I immediately knew it needed a knight rider scanner (also known as a Larson scanner) between the frunk and the headlights. I looked for a pre-made product, but I only wanted the lights to be blue (the bike is blue) and I only wanted it to do the back and forth of the knight rider scanner, not transitioning between 200 other lighting effects.

I couldn't find one, so I built one with the arduino. I have a better vid somewhere, but am on my way to work......

2017 RT-S

Bump Skid - Spyderpops
    Wrap - Wrapmyspyder
    swaybar - Bajaron
    Sena 20D & SM10
    Glo-riders
    Front Grills
    Third Brake light
    Larson Scanner
    Light Up - Sue Hopper

Very Active Member SpyderConvert's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I would love to add a fuse box to my '15 RTL, how do you get the switched terminals?
    2015 RTL, BajaRon Swaybar, LaMonster LED Headlights and Foglights, LaMonster Spydercuff, LaMonster LED mirror wrap, Magic Mirrors, HMT Brake Light
    2015 RT Ltd. , $" extension Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by eddieshep999 View Post
    I mounted mine a PDM60 Fusebox under the LHS cover as you sit on the Spyder
    Underneath the cover there is a bracket I made a plate bolted to this bracket and placed my PDM60 fusebox on it
    This gives easy access although the PD!60 has electronics circuits instead of fuses this also allows you to easy route cables to the dashboard / handlebar area
    i had a Z1 Fusebox in the same area on my previous Spyder RT 2010 SE5 model and now the PDM60 Fusebox fitted in the same area on my existing Spyder RT 2015 SE6 model

See photos above

Eddie Sheppard! Excellent mounting, description, and photos! Very neat and tidy installation. Thank-you very much.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020