Spyder Garage

Default No Burn Mark on Stock Muffler

I have 1,000 miles on Spyder #2 (2009 SM5) and interestingly, I have no burn mark on the stock muffler. With Spyder #1 (2008 SM5) the burn mark appeared in the first 100 miles - about two heat cycles. At the time, there was much fretting about this on the forums. What was BRP going to do about this problem? Some owners even got replacement mufflers under the warranty only to find the new ones had the same problem. It did not bother me much because I put a Hindle on as soon as I could get my hands on one. With the Hindle, I could fret about how it made the engine run too lean. In due time, Spyder #2 will have a Hindle.

Has BRP quietly solved this problem without telling us about it? I don't remember that they got any credit for this in the forums.

Good job, BRP! Now I have a few other minor annoyances you could work on.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder1026 View Post
    I have 1,000 miles on Spyder #2 (2009 SM5) and interestingly, I have no burn mark on the stock muffler. With Spyder #1 (2008 SM5) the burn mark appeared in the first 100 miles - about two heat cycles. At the time, there was much fretting about this on the forums. What was BRP going to do about this problem? Some owners even got replacement mufflers under the warranty only to find the new ones had the same problem. It did not bother me much because I put a Hindle on as soon as I could get my hands on one. With the Hindle, I could fret about how it made the engine run too lean. In due time, Spyder #2 will have a Hindle.

Has BRP quietly solved this problem without telling us about it? I don't remember that they got any credit for this in the forums.

Good job, BRP! Now I have a few other minor annoyances you could work on.
    It will appear!!! I know my SE5 it didn't appear till about 3500 miles or sos
    Happy SE5 Owner!!!

Silver/Black SE5 - Trunk Liner, 1" riser, 12v, Kuryakyn ISO Grips, 5" Kewlmetal Pullback Bars, Kewlmetal Console, Zumo 450, Ipod, Kewlmetal Highway brackets with Wing pegs, Triple Play, Wizard Light LED's, Corbin front/rear saddle with Backrest, Nelson Rigg CL950 Saddlebags with CL800 Tote Bag, CalSci Medium Windshield.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

No burn mark on mine with over 4000 miles.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

I think this is an example of hearing "only the bad" and the squeaky wheel getting attention online in the forums. My has 14,000 miles and no burn mark.

Lets get a response from those like me and see how many have remained silent about "good" news.
    The glass is half full.
    Mike Murphy
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Default 1st one!

The glass is half full.
    Mike Murphy
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

6700 miles and no burn mark.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Mine has over 7000 miles and no burn but wife's got one at about 1000 miles and put the BRP cover{bandage} over it. Cover had to be slid down more on the side than instructions said but had too to cover burn spot.

Spyder Garage

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zWtyKfQlfw"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) 8LEGS's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I ROFL every time I watch that.

Spyder Garage

The glass is half full.
    Mike Murphy
    Happy Spyder Owner