Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default my $.02 worth

Have you considered getting a small/low profie convertible, something like a Mazda Miata? It's small enough to feel sporty, low profiled enough to feel/experience the wind therapy, and it has seatbelts for safety. You shpuld be able to find one a few years older that's in good condition and that fits your budget. I know it's not a motorcycle but it could prove to be a reasonable option.
    2014 Spyder RT Limited SE6
    BRP Tri Axis Adjustable Handlebars
    BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors
    BRP RT Passenger Armrest
    BRP Driver's Backrest
    BRP Travel Cover
    Baja Ron Swaybar
    SpyderPops KOTTS
    SpyderPops Bump Skid
    Lamonster NVB Highway Brackets w/ Gripper Pegs
    Lamonster LED Headlights & Fog Lights
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light
    Show Chrome 7.5 inch Spiral Antenna
    SpyderFlap Mud Guard
    Helmetlok w/ T-Bar Extension
    Hopnel 5PC Luggage Set
    Airhawk R Seat Cushion
    Rivco Dual Flag Mount

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Wheel Rider View Post
    Have you considered getting a small/low profile convertible, something like a Mazda Miata?
    Yes, I have. While it's not completely off the table, for some reason unknown to me, she does not care for rides in the convertible. My father's girlfriend has a convertible Camaro. We can drive it anytime we want, not her daily driver. I would have expected Chloe to really enjoy that. Given a choice, she would choose any other vehicle in the drive over the convertible. I am clueless why.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BSage View Post
    Yes, I have. While it's not completely off the table, for some reason unknown to me, she does not care for rides in the convertible. My father's girlfriend has a convertible Camaro. We can drive it anytime we want, not her daily driver. I would have expected Chloe to really enjoy that. Given a choice, she would choose any other vehicle in the drive over the convertible. I am clueless why.
    Check on prices for an old used Jeep in good mechanical working order. With the canvas off, it would be similar to the ATV ride.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

I completely get it - she makes perfect sense to me. The convertible is a CAR. Cars are ordinary, and she is in them every day. The ATV is special, more exciting, and she does it with DAD.

My wife has a convertible as well, and it doesn't do anything for me. It's just a car where the sun gets in my eyes and the A/C doesn't work.

My gut is that the Slingshot will register as a variation on the ATV, and not a convertible. Why not take her on a test drive and see what she thinks?
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

BSage, what did you do or decide to do?

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Hearing protection can be provided by an aviation helmet.

Spyder Garage

My thoughts exactly
    !

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin2488485 View Post
    You might look at a Polaris SlingShot,

Spyder Garage

I salute you, whatever you do. You have a beautiful young daughter and she has a great dad. Best wishes......
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Sounds like you have it all together as to what is best for you and your daughter. Now all is needed is to shop around and find the best deal and the ride that works for your needs. I tend to go for an RT with arm rest and seat belt as an option. But that's just me. Shop around and take a few test rides and see how it goes. So good luck happy trails

Spyder Garage

Default Ural with a sidecar?

Bryan, I join others for commending you for doing everything in your power make your little girl happy.
    While all the options proposed are solid, I feel that your daughter will not enjoy rides two-up, because her view will be obstructed by your back and she'll need to lean quite far to see what's ahead.

Slingshot is a good option, but they're expensive and I haven't seen too many positive reviews.

If I were you I'd consider a motorcycle with a sidecar. Ural makes good ones, and while expensive brand new, you can pick up a used one for a reasonable price.
    Here are the benefits:

1. You'd be able to fit the sidecar with belt and other accommodations your girl needs.
    2. she'll have an unobstructed view of what's ahead and around.
    3. you'll be able to see her all the time
    4. you can take Ural off-road - they were made for that.
    5. you can fit the sidecar with a windshield, or even a complete cover with windows, like on picture below (I know it's not Ural, just one of the options).

I hope that helps

Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 9.14.22 AM.jpg

Spyder Garage

Been eyeballing those Ural's. would like to test ride one sometime.

This is what has happened. Life happened. My boy got into some trouble (charges dismissed), wrong place at the wrong time. Because the charges were significant, a lawyer was needed $$$. A meaningful part of the money I had saved for this endeavour, gone. While there may be an opportunity to recover my expenses. It most likely would be very time-consuming. And I imagine the "Burden of proof" would change from not likely he did the crime to, not possible he could have done the crime. I have been to court enough to know, it's kind of a gamble even when you feel like you are on solid ground.

Unless something changes in my current finances. Most likely I will be pushing this back a year. Again my history is; Huge debt, then dug our way out and now; No debt. I am determined not to allow history to repeat itself.

The silver lining is more time to research and find something which fits my wants better.

Spyder Garage

Been eyeballing those Ural's. would like to test ride one sometime.

This is what has happened. Life happened.
    Sorry you are dealing with all of this, but I very much respect your unwillingness to do into debt. A sidecar never occurred to me, but I think it sounds like the perfect idea. Others here may know about the practicalities of riding with one, but it checks your boxes in terms of experience and protection against your daughter falling out or off.