I've always had poor reception on the radio on my 2017 F3-T. When I got the bike I had read several posts complaining of poor reception and just assumed it was the nature of the beast. Today while doing some work to her I noticed this electrical ring terminal not connected to anything and kind of just stuffed down next to the frame rail by the antenna. (I pulled it up a bit to take the picture) My curiosity took a closer look, tracing it under a bundle of wires I realize it is the antenna lead.
I go online and check a parts finche and it is supposed to be under the antenna mast where it screws down. The rubber cover at the base of the antenna just pulls off and the antenna unscrews from the mount. I put it all back together as the parts finche showed and now I receive every radio station in the area.
I don't know if the was an assembly line or dealer prep error, but it is an easy fix. Remove your rear seat and two push pins and your back cover will come off. If you are experiencing poor radio reception this is something to check.

25289553_1607122752658311_111127373360858691_n.jpg