Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: ar-15

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Saluda;1338341]
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    So says the SpyderLovers nra mouthpiece.

I'd consider that a compliment.
    It wasn't!
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    There is nothing 'obviously hard left' about his thinking that I can see. Why do you feel justified in casting aspersions on someone who disagrees with your world view? Why is 'hatred' even part of this conversation?
    Obviously people don't see the problem for what it is. We all sit here and point fingers, but the issue is parents. I seen it for the 20 years I was a Correctional Officer. I had inmates of a certain age group that thought the world owed them everything and they didn't feel they needed to show anyone, including family members, any form of respect. We give kids today too much "voice" in their young lives and we have to be their "BFF's", and this is what happens. I think what happened to those kids in Florida or anywhere for that matter, was a damn terrible thing and no kid or adult should ever be "cut down" by any weapon of any kind. This has been a problem in our society for a couple of generations and now it's coming to a head. We all have to find "middle ground" some where. I'm really done now, I hope we can get this crap worked out for future generations before we all "implode"! Mac

Spyder Garage

the question I ask is this:

Why are we even having this discussion about shootings in our schools when we can't get a grip on the infanticide in our country? 17 young people killed in a "school shooting" in Florida..... 893000 human babies killed in the United States in 2016. And before anyone gets their panties in a knot, this is the CDC number.

If we can yank 'em out of the womb and throw 'em in the dumpster, what's the big deal with shooting a couple???

This is not the way I really feel, all life is sacred. School age or unborn. Just trying to inject a bit of perspective.

A gun is a gun is a gun. An AR may look radical, but it is still basically unchanged from 100 years ago. Our human-ness is what is different. Frankly, our human-ness has basically gone to hell in the last 50 years. THIS is what needs to be addressed.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

OK guys, sorry but the frustration level has risen a bit. There are some good people here with strong beliefs and I believe good intent.

That said I know most of you won't care but I haven't even had so much as a traffic ticket in about 25 years (most likely longer). I don't break laws, I'm not part of the "problem".

A lot of you are suggesting further restrictions on people such as myself. I've had enough, my state is one of the tougher in the country. You are not politicians (I guess that's a compliment), you are not lobbyists (unless there is something I'm not aware of).

Most of what you are doing is venting. It's mostly a waste of time and key strokes. The changes you are looking for will never happen. Thank you to the organization (made up of a lot of people just like me) that is doing its best to protect us and our interests (shooting, hunting, etc.).

Want to accomplish something ? Contact your reps and deal with the real issues. It's not me, it's not the AR 15, it's not the NRA.

Confiscation, sorry but that intent is out there. It has been written directly and it's been mentioned quietly. They are doing their best to get what they want in stages. I believe I'm at the age that I will never see it. Hope like heck I'm right.
    Hit me with your best "shot" if you want. I doubt I will address any further comments, hits etc. I will put only so much time trying to convince people that are firmly set in their opinions.

Have a good night, still sledding. The Spyder soon !
    Last edited by Saluda; 02-22-2018 at 09:06 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kep-up View Post
    the question I ask is this:

Why are we even having this discussion about shootings in our schools when we can't get a grip on the infanticide in our country? 17 young people killed in a "school shooting" in Florida..... 893000 human babies killed in the United States in 2016. And before anyone gets their panties in a knot, this is the CDC number.

If we can yank 'em out of the womb and throw 'em in the dumpster, what's the big deal with shooting a couple???

This is not the way I really feel, all life is sacred. School age or unborn. Just trying to inject a bit of perspective.

A gun is a gun is a gun. An AR may look radical, but it is still basically unchanged from 100 years ago. Our human-ness is what is different. Frankly, our human-ness has basically gone to hell in the last 50 years. THIS is what needs to be addressed.
    Typical tactic, change the subject to defer. We are having this discussion because there is a major gun problem in this country. Something that NO other country in the world has.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

Nor does trying to lie about what is going on right now...
    You're NOT an honest person at all: you've come into this conversation with the sole intent of trying to start a flaming war...
    We won't stoop to your asinine level: and we will put you on notice that we're not playing your game.
    You are entitled to your opinion......however wrong it is.

Have a nice day.

Spyder Garage

Typical tactic, change the subject to defer. We are having this discussion because there is a major gun problem in this country. Something that NO other country in the world has.
    ????
    How did I change the subject? We are discussing killings in schools! You say there is a "gun problem" in this country. I say you are wrong! There is NOT a gun problem, a gun is in inanimate object and can do nothing by itself, for pete's sake. We have a "human problem" and until we try to fix that there is no Band-Aid fix that will make a damn bit of difference.

Some of us need to take off the blinders we wear when we read stuff, stop listening to those driven by an agenda and actually THINK FOR OURSELVES. Seems that some of us are extremely closed minded.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Right. And now they are saying the armed deputy assigned to the school never entered the school while the shooting was going on. He resigned, big deal.

Can we at least admit that whatever laws and systems we have in place are not working to protect innocents from deranged people with guns? Only then can we begin looking into why they did not work and what needs to be changed in order to bring this national horror under control?
    YES, I can agree with this. Mac

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

how about we just end this simply, raise the minimum age to buy an ar-15 & other guns and rifles of type to
    21 then we can wait 3 years until kids like him can shoot up a school. does anyone here have a problem with that?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Since the guy who shot up the Vegas concert was in his mid-sixties: do you think that your proposal will really accomplish anything?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Since the guy who shot up the Vegas concert was in his mid-sixties: do you think that your proposal will really accomplish anything?
    you may not think 17 people matter but if it was your kid you might change your mind.

do you agree with trump & nra about arming some teachers with training?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The idea DOES have merit...

Providing that the Teacher or Administrator being armed is:
    1. Absolutely willing to do this
    2. Given the proper training to do so
    3. Not "hamstrung"; by storing their firearm in a location that makes it virtually unreachable
    4. They are given "incentives", for taking on this tremendous responsibility.

Ideally: I'd rather see the School Administrators take on this role (If they're not willing to pay for additional armed guards...) Their offices are a bit less accessible to the students; so it may reduce the chances of a firearm ending up in the wrong hands...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RinconRyder View Post
    You are entitled to your opinion......however wrong it is.

Have a nice day.
    Boy the gun nuts get kind of testy when you disagree with them. It seems its getting harder and harder to justify their position with each mass killing.
    Love my

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    you may not think 17 people matter but if it was your kid you might change your mind.

do you agree with trump & nra about arming some teachers with training?
    Yes, I think 17 matters. But I also think the 2446 a day that are simply tossed aside matters as well, and I ask, "Where is the outrage? Where are the talking heads on this subject?"

No, I do not agree with President Trump and Wayne LaPierre about arming teachers. Their job is to teach, not protect. With the millions of dollars we throw at the public school system, how about adding a few thousand for metal detectors and security guards?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Boy the gun nuts get kind of testy when you disagree with them. It seems its getting harder and harder to justify their position with each mass killing.
    I kind of object to the term "gun nuts".
    We've refrained from using "bleeding heart liberal snowflake"; when describing you and your opinions. How about affording us the same respect?

Personally: I prefer the term, "Firearms enthusiast".

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The idea DOES have merit...

Providing that the Teacher or Administrator being armed is:
    1. Absolutely willing to do this
    2. Given the proper training to do so
    3. Not "hamstrung"; by storing their firearm in a location that makes it virtually unreachable
    4. They are given "incentives", for taking on this tremendous responsibility.

Ideally: I'd rather see the School Administrators take on this role (If they're not willing to pay for additional armed guards...) Their offices are a bit less accessible to the students; so it may reduce the chances of a firearm ending up in the wrong hands...
    That right. lets have a teacher at the front of the room with a .38 strapped to his hip trying to teach kids. You talking about intimidation, that'l do it.
    On and btw, why not send them through the combat infantry course. Learn how to use those weapons correctly and how to kill their enemy. That way they can pass that knowledge on to the students. Pretty soon you'll have "I WANT YOU!" posters on every corner except they won't be for recruiting armed forces but armed teachers.
    Love my

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here's an idea to Improve School Safety:
    Harden them.
    Give them entrances that can't be shot open... mesh glass that can't easily be busted, and stepped through...
    Replace the cheap inner doors, with something that'll keep bullets from making their way into the classrooms.
    Give each instructor the ability to lock their doors from a handy remote location.
    Keep the damn doors shut! Have absolute control over who gets access to the buildings...
    (How many of you have seen doors blocked-open??? )

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That right. lets have a teacher at the front of the room with a .38 strapped to his hip trying to teach kids. You talking about intimidation, that'l do it.
    On and btw, why not send them through the combat infantry course. Learn how to use those weapons correctly and how to kill their enemy. That way they can pass that knowledge on to the students. Pretty soon you'll have "I WANT YOU!" posters on every corner except they won't be for recruiting armed forces but armed teachers.
    Talk about stupid hyperbole...

Are you actually even trying to think of a solution?

Spyder Garage

Talk about stupid hyperbole...

Are you actually even trying to think of a solution?
    Methinks TrickieDick is simply trying to keep the pot boiling with his sarcastic disparaging remarks. Any worthwhile discussion has gone down the toilet. I'm done.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

He hasn't tried to offer even a single solution worth consideration.
    All that he has done, is try to inflame the discussion.

There's an old Klingon proverb: "Only fools fight inside a burning house."

You would think that he'd be more interested in solutions; than he is in scalps.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The term "gun nut" reflects negatively on the person using it. Shows their true feelings and agenda.
    Last edited by Saluda; 02-23-2018 at 09:51 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks! I hadn't thought of it that way...
    Once your argument is reduced to nothing but insults: you've already lost.

Spyder Garage

bob, do you agree at least if the age to buy the rifle was 21, 17 people MIGHT be alive today to drink, drive & text?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm sorry this discussion has disintegrated like this. I thought we were doing pretty well there for awhile.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't know...
    These mutts come in all ages and sizes: I'd rather look for a solution that will encompass more of them.
    You can join the Military at 18: should that age be raised to 21 also?

This problem will absolutely not be solved easily. I have no doubt that it will require a multifaceted approach, that will piss off a whole lot of folks.
    Here's the start of my list of issues:
    1. Get rid of HIPPA regulations. Everybody's medical records seem to be sacrosanct. Nobody can tell anybody anything about you: even if you're suicidal, homicidal, or worse...
    2. Video games need to be brought under strict control. The youth of today have been inoculated against the true consequences of violence. They can shoot, tab, stomp, and blow up countless other folks every day on these things. Life has no value to them anymore.
    3. How about making two-parent households a bit more popular again? It takes two of them to juggle an adolescent into a semblance of maturity: one can't do it alone.
    4. Let's force the background checks to do their job. If somebody "falls through the cracks": let the idiot that dropped them pay for the horrors that are committed.
    5. There are well over 20,000 firearms laws on the books right now. How about actually enforcing them??
    6. Let's make incarceration not so much fun anymore?

Who else adds something to add to the list?
    I'd love to hear anything that might work!
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 02-23-2018 at 10:14 AM.