Default JMO

2015 F3s White

BRP Drivers and Passenger backrest
    Blue Ridge windshield
    Corbin Saddle Bags

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I'm not offended by anything, but I'm constantly amazed how thin-skinned some folks can be.

We're exchanging ideas, opinions and perspectives. Why should that be so scary to god-fearing, gun-totin' people?
    I'm good.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Saluda View Post
    Can't agree with you or your statement. The number of deaths that those 2 items represent dwarf gun deaths (although I am not minimizing any death).

Why no big ruckus for reform or change there (alcohol, cigarettes still going pretty strong, vehicle safety, and diet in this country and obesity) ?
    They contribute to the biggest killers in this country. They are also relatively easy areas to get change from. They are just not politically attractive.
    Like most other gun arguments you are getting far afield. Yes, alcohol and tobacco are killers but they also do not usually affect a mass of other people - and when they do they have been restricted. Note the number of bars and restaurants in which you can smoke now compared to several decades ago. If I drink I do not do damage to anyone but myself (loved ones may be damaged by the consequences of drinking but not by alcohol itself).

And unlike "volunteers" that persist in being around a drinker or alcoholic, I really doubt there was a single volunteer in Las Vegas, Sandy Hook or Florida that volunteered to be shot.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RinconRyder View Post
    Like most other gun arguments you are getting far afield. Yes, alcohol and tobacco are killers but they also do not usually affect a mass of other people - and when they do they have been restricted. Note the number of bars and restaurants in which you can smoke now compared to several decades ago. If I drink I do not do damage to anyone but myself (loved ones may be damaged by the consequences of drinking but not by alcohol itself).

And unlike "volunteers" that persist in being around a drinker or alcoholic, I really doubt there was a single volunteer in Las Vegas, Sandy Hook or Florida that volunteered to be shot.
    These 4 people didn't volunteer to be killed by Alcohol! This is all a people issue
    agian just My opinion..

https://www.mercurynews.com/2017/11/...e-murder-case/
    2015 F3s White

Blue Ridge windshield
    Corbin Saddle Bags

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Machinegunner View Post
    We've had semi-automatic weapons in this country since the early 1900s. We didn't start seeing these mass shootings until the 80s or 90s. What happened to our society? Nobody I ever knew in school in the 50s and 60s ever even thought about shooting anyone. And we all had guns.
    You don't know your history. Following WWI a flood of military weapons, including the "Chicago typewriter" made their way into the country with returning vets. Two decades of murderous conflict, mostly among mobsters, followed. It finally got the public so mad the FBI was armed with similar weapons and their charter was changed to attack in force (they hadn't even been armed before that).

There were gun related murders in schools in the 50's and 60's (remember Kent State and the University of Texas as just two examples?). There just were not MASS murders where dozens of people were killed and especially not young children.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rpatsh View Post
    These 4 people didn't volunteer to be killed by Alcohol! This is all a people issue
    agian just My opinion..

https://www.mercurynews.com/2017/11/...e-murder-case/
    Not even closely related. Authorities all over the nation have cracked down on drunk drivers, texting drivers and wrong way drivers and traffic fatalities from these causes has fallen as a result. The difference is a drunk driver usually does not set out to kill other people. Someone shooting into a crowd of people with an AR-15 does.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    we also had cocaine in the early 1900's, why don't we have it anymore legally?
    For the same reason we will no longer have s opioids any longer either.

You REALLY have to ask this question?

Spyder Garage

Not even closely related. Authorities all over the nation have cracked down on drunk drivers, texting drivers and wrong way drivers and traffic fatalities from these causes has fallen as a result. The difference is a drunk driver usually does not set out to kill other people. Someone shooting into a crowd of people with an AR-15 does.
    You were just talking about people volunteering to be killed. None of the did and it's all very sad!!!

I'm out!
    2015 F3s White

Blue Ridge windshield
    Corbin Saddle Bags

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Fertilizer is not produced as a weapon.
    Look at how easily that changes.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Like most other gun arguments you are getting far afield.
    Not at all, just thankfully we think very differently.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rpatsh View Post
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I had the BMW for 10 years and 225,000 miles. In 1992, my son got a dirt bike and needed a way to get it around, so I put a hitch on the car and bought a cheap HF trailer so we could do that. Later on, I used the trailer to transport my few belongings at the time (nasty, expensive divorce and multiple child custody battles made me a little bereft of worldly goods) between locations on my frequent job-related moves. Necessity is the mother of invention I guess. Point is, the car wasn't designed for that purpose but could be used for that purpose as I needed.

The post you were quoting said he didn't think the AR-15 was designed as a hunting rifle. But that doesn't mean it couldn't be used for that purpose.
    I do understand of using the car that you could afford at the time to tow a trailer that carried your son's dirt bike (been there, done that, A Ford pinto at the time for me). Believe it or not, I only own one rifle and I can change "uppers" on it to suit my particular purpose, and I don't use a 30 round mag. every time I go to the range or the woods. Also it is much lighter than my Rem. model 700 30-06 was and my old, crippled butt can carry it where I need to be. Sooo, for me, it just works. I'm a stand up kind of guy and I have been known to be a little "opinionated" but, I am usually (according to my wife anyway) a good guy!! Mac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    It's interesting to note that many of you are using the AR15 for hunting. What kind of hunting? Squirrel? duck? deer? I'd really like to know.
    Read some of the prior posts, already answered.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Neither are plastic bags but put one over your head and see what happens.
    Pass, on that suggestion.
    Assault bags, maybe they should require regulation.
    Last edited by Saluda; 02-22-2018 at 08:19 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Someone killed by a drunk driver is not a volunteer. Someone forced to suck in second hand smoke is also not a volunteer.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    Shoot bullets.
    i would ask at who but florida lets us know the answer to that

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mac View Post
    I use mine to hunt coyotes. Sometimes I get lucky and I will have two in my field of view and can get both without even changing positions (follow-up shots). I also use it for white tail- deer in my state because it's legal to use.223 ammo, oh I also do long range target and steel plate shooting with it also out to 600yds. I use mine legally and responsively. Mac
    This is exactly why I have AR pattern rifles. Coyotes are over populated in my area . They are also fun to shoot steel too. I'm going to shoot some steel tomorrow on my property matter of fact.
    2021 RTL Marsala Dark Edition 4.13.2021
    Lamonster Riser
    Spyder Extras Docking station
    Zumo XT (my own Plug & Play cable)
    WrapMySpyder Carbon fiber partial kit.
    Baja Ron ultra performance sway bar and end links

2015 RTS SM6 Intense Red
    born on date 3/2015 (mine on 9/12/15)
    Sold on 4.13.2021 33k of fun.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mac View Post
    I use mine to hunt coyotes. Sometimes I get lucky and I will have two in my field of view and can get both without even changing positions (follow-up shots). I also use it for white tail- deer in my state because it's legal to use.223 ammo, oh I also do long range target and steel plate shooting with it also out to 600yds. I use mine legally and responsively. Mac
    do you truly consider using a semi auto hunting or slaughtering?

Spyder Garage

For the same reason we will no longer have s opioids any longer either.

You REALLY have to ask this question?
    the reason i have to ask it is because some don't realize just because it was legal at one time and we don't realize
    how bad or dangerous it is should never be a reason to keep it legal. cigarettes seem to be a perfect example of
    this but at least cigarettes will eventually kill the owner.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

do you truly consider using a semi auto hunting or slaughtering?
    You don't know anything about firearms...
    And you know even LESS about hunting.
    Quit trying to pass judgement on the Sport, and try to listen.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    You don't know anything about firearms...
    And you know even LESS about hunting.
    Quit trying to pass judgement on the Sport, and try to listen.
    you are right, i don't hunt, i also don't know how to build a car engine but for some reason i do know how to drive.
    i would think the sport of hunting is the tracking not the killing. a friend of mine was a military sharp shooter but i don't ever remember him using a full auto in competition i thought it is bolt action rifles.
    p.s. how often do you watch football and how often do you play football and without looking it up what are the
    laces of a football made of.
    Last edited by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN; 02-22-2018 at 08:48 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What does a pigskin have to do with this argument?
    And the story about your friend : the sharpshooter?
    (By the way: "Sharpshooter" is just a level of skill that can be reached...
    They range from
    Marksman, to
    Sharpshooter, to
    Expert, to
    Master.

You conveniently mixed in "full-auto", to a discussion about semi-automatic rifles.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

If you are for gun control I'd invite you to spend a weekend in the wonderful city of Chicago. Not just the tourist parts but all parts. Despite having the toughest gun laws in the country Chicago had over 30 people shot last weekend alone. If you think that number is high just wait till the weather warms up.

You do realize that it is illegal to carry a gun in Chicago right? Do you actually think if guns were banned that somehow these people are going to show up and turn in their gun because it is illegal? Who is going to be assigned to going in and finding those guns that were not turned in? Are you for the police kicking in every door until they think they have every gun in Chicago?

Here's a hint .... Criminals don't follow the laws so if you are banned from carrying a gun then guess what? They are still going to carry a gun.

What needs to happen is to get these soft targets (malls, schools, etc) and give them the same type of defense as we give our politicians. Open the mental hospitals back up and start putting those who need the help back inside and quit letting them self medicate on the outside. Lastly quit giving these nut jobs who attempt these type of acts any notoriety whatsoever. No pics, no names ... nothing.
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

i don't own a gun or rifle but i was wondering what is the purpose of an ar15, what is it made to do?
    an AR is made to S H O O T... guns do not kill people... people kill people.. until our laws punish criminals .. nothing will change.. there is no respect in schools.. and criminals do not fear punishment.. simply because there is none..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    What does a pigskin have to do with this argument?
    And the story about your friend : the sharpshooter?
    (By the way: "Sharpshooter" is just a level of skill that can be reached...
    They range from
    Marksman, to
    Sharpshooter, to
    Expert, to
    Master.

You conveniently mixed in "full-auto", to a discussion about semi-automatic rifles.
    ok he was tn. state champ when he was state trooper there
    again don't they use bolt action not semi auto?
    as for the pigskin, you mention i don't know anything about guns, well not using doesn't mean not knowing.
    now please tell me the difference between hunting, tracking & killing since you are a gun 'expert'.
    is a ar-15 common for duck hunting or for black bears in nj?
    was it a bolt action rifle used in the movie shooter or was it a semi & how accurate was that movie?