Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: ar-15

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    The 18th Amendment was one that restricted rights: it didn't guarantee them.
    I want an rpg, i wanna scream shark, i don't want to wear a seatbelt, i don't need headlights at night, i shouldn't
    have to pay school taxes, i want free cigarettes & cable tv when i'm in jail.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Are you related to Edgar Friendly??

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Are you related to Edgar Friendly??

I watched that 2 weeks ago, i enjoyed jesse ventura in the movie but he only had a small part.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RinconRyder View Post
    CBS interviewed a teacher (I forgot his location but believe it was in rural CO) who stuffs a Glock 9mm in his boot (with District permission). I just wonder if he is prepared to challenge an AR-15 with his little tiny Glock.
    Depends on the situation. In a direct shootout like on Gunsmoke, it would depend on who's faster and has better aim.

But in a school or home invasion against a single bad guy, the 9mm user would be in cover until he can get a good shot. Like when the rifle user turns around or moves. Any gun is better than no gun.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mac View Post
    I've got to chime in here and I know you guy's are going to think I'm crazy and maybe I am but here goes. Along with the school resource officer, their were 3 more deputies that responded while the shooter was still active. Now the way I see it, they are trained to use "tactics" to access the school or they should have been familiar with this particular school, but nobody went in, until two or three city police officers arrived and they went in and the shooting had stopped. Now I worked for a Podunk department here in Wisc. and our deputies go thru "Active Shooter" training at the local high school twice a year along with the city police, EMS, and fire departments. I would hope all sheriffs departments and city police throughout this nation would have gone thru some sort of similar training with all the school shootings we have had in this country, and when you are paid to do a job, do it! Mac
    Hi Mac!
    I've heard this report also...
    I'm not sure if it's been verified as true or not.
    Let's see where it ends up...

(My gut is telling me that it's just like a pair of eight year-olds standing in front of a broken window... They're pointing at each other , and yelling, "HE did it!" )

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The statement keeps getting thrown out there: "Someone with a handgun is NO match for an assault rifle."
    With proper training: it'd be an easy kill for the man with the short weapon!
    And if you're NOT morally prepared to wade into the fight: you have no business being anywhere near it: armed or not!
    These mutts are all cowards. They've attacked a School because they know that nobody will be shooting back.
    (Short tactics discussion...)
    You know exactly where he is, and what he's doing...
    He knows nothing about your presence, or your state or preparedness...

QUIETLY: you approach from the mutt's blind-side, and end him!
    Easy-Peasey!

If Law Enforcement Officers stayed outside: they should give back EVERY nickel that they ever took as salary, from the taxpayers.
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 02-24-2018 at 10:50 AM.

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

bet you did not know this, according to the FBI in 2014.... there were 5 times more lives taken with knives than all rifles... so now I guess its time to ban knives...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Spyder Man View Post
    bet you did not know this, according to the FBI in 2014.... there were 5 times more lives taken with knives than all rifles... so now I guess its time to ban knives...
    When given the opportunity you can run from a knife.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Spyder Man View Post
    Prove it.
    How many times has a knife been used to kill 17 at a time or 59 at a time?
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to see that you're back with nothing useful to add...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    Prove it.
    How many times has a knife been used to kill 17 at a time or 59 at a time?
    I think OSM didn't say the report means at 1 time

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    When given the opportunity you can run from a knife.
    Not this old bird...
    That's why I'd rather put a knife-wielding assailant in the unlucky situation of having, "brought a knife: to a gunfight!"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But since we're on the topic of blades right now:

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

But since you brought up timeframes: should the First Amendment be reviewed and modified? after all; the Framers of our Constitution never envisioned the speed at which communication occurs today.
    The Constitution does not recognize the speed or technology of communication. What is your point?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Machinegunner View Post
    The NRA is not the problem.
    Virtually everyone agrees the NRA is a significant problem. They buy Congresspeople to explicitly prevent anti-gun legislation. They value your right to own guns over the lives of your children. They represent but a small fraction of gun owners. They are evil.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The 18th Amendment was one that restricted rights: it didn't guarantee them.
    DUH!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Constitution does not recognize the speed or technology of communication. What is your point?
    It ain't 1776 any more: perhaps some revisions are needed...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Virtually everyone agrees the NRA is a significant problem.
    Exactly WHO: is everyone?
    "Evil" is in the mind and heart, of the beholder...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

DUH!
    I wasn't discussing the 18th with you. Al and I had that one on our radar.
    (Read HIS post about it. It puts my reply into the proper perspective.)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    Depends on the situation. In a direct shootout like on Gunsmoke, it would depend on who's faster and has better aim.

But in a school or home invasion against a single bad guy, the 9mm user would be in cover until he can get a good shot. Like when the rifle user turns around or moves. Any gun is better than no gun.
    Street gunfights, as depicted on Hollywood Westerns, did not happen very often. Most killings in the Old West were ambushes of one sort or the other. But if a shooter is equipped with a semi-auto and isn't boldly walking down the hallways of the building he has a good advantage should the handgun holder make himself known. Given the choice, which gun would you prefer in a shootout? No need to answer.

As far as your "any gun" statement goes, you have got it all wrong. Virtually every police force agrees they do not want civilians running around a shooting site with guns. You likely would be mistaken by the cops or another civilian for the bad guy and suffer the consequences. Or you might shoot an innocent person you thought was the bad guy. Those scenes are highly chaotic and happen almost instantly.

And, everybody seems to zero in on school shootings but that isn't the only target here. How do all the arguments work when the site is a general gathering of people as in Las Vegas?

No, the only true solution to mass shootings is to ban the weapons used. That leaves plenty of types for hunting, target shooting and self defense.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

It ain't 1776 any more: perhaps some revisions are needed...
    Without getting too far afield, just what revisions would you make?

It seems to me that only two things have changed in the field of communications since Colonial Days:

1. Virtually anyone who can type can publish using today's electronic communication methods (whereas the Colonists didn't have the time or technology for everyman to do it).

2. Any such communication can be disseminated in seconds as opposed to minutes, hours or days.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Exactly WHO: is everyone?
    "Evil" is in the mind and heart, of the beholder...
    Or on the badge of the organization.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I wasn't discussing the 18th with you. Al and I had that one on our radar.
    (Read HIS post about it. It puts my reply into the proper perspective.)
    No idea who "Al" is but if the original post was the one about repealing amendments I do not follow your perspective.

The 18th instigated a prohibition against sales of alcoholic beverages. The 21st repealed the 18th. History tells us that the 18th was put in place by special interest groups and was a terrible misuse of our constitutional framework and did not fulfill its intent to solve the nation's drinking problem.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Street gunfights, as depicted on Hollywood Westerns, did not happen very often. Most killings in the Old West were ambushes of one sort or the other. But if a shooter is equipped with a semi-auto and isn't boldly walking down the hallways of the building he has a good advantage should the handgun holder make himself known. Given the choice, which gun would you prefer in a shootout? No need to ans

Your lack of knowledge about gunfight tactics is appalling. The shooter will be focusing on his next target: not on you! I'd take a handgun into that scrap any day of the week.

(But I would suggest that you call 911, and watch the people around you be shot down...)

As far as your "any gun" statement goes, you have got it all wrong. Virtually every police force agrees they do not want civilians running around a shooting site with guns. You likely would be mistaken by the cops or another civilian for the bad guy and suffer the consequences. Or you might shoot an innocent person you thought was the bad guy. Those scenes are highly chaotic and happen almost instantly. aiain

Wrong again... There is no universal call among Police Departments calling for citizens to not be armed. But when they show up: identify yourself, and put down your firearm! (DUH!)

And, everybody seems to zero in on school shootings but that isn't the only target here. How do all the arguments work when the site is a general gathering of people as in Las Vegas?

The situation doesn't matter.

No, the only true solution to mass shootings is to ban the weapons used. That leaves plenty of types for hunting, target shooting and self defense.

The AR-15 is used in competitive target matches...

I've added my answers above in ​Red...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No idea who "Al" is but if the original post was the one about repealing amendments I do not follow your perspective.

The 18th instigated a prohibition against sales of alcoholic beverages. The 21st repealed the 18th. History tells us that the 18th was put in place by special interest groups and was a terrible misuse of our constitutional framework and did not fulfill its intent to solve the nation's drinking problem.

Thank you for a brief moment of lucidity.
    If you were actually trying to be a member of this community: you would know Al...
    He and I disagree on tons of things... but he's still a friend!